Page 309 of 613 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I love everything here.
    Well then just one more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Also, any Storm books being released tomorrow? The wait for new Ororo content is getting to the point of physical withdrawals for me. The Goddess is my preferred drug of choice and I have been DENIED too long.
    rumor that we might get a Halle Berry Storm in Marvel Legends form in a SDCC exclusive pack sold by...Walmart.
    A picture would last longer darling...

This is still my favorite Storm pic of 2020. Just says "Try me Bitch!?!" Thanks StormPhoenix.

Attachment 98723
    Too much attitude, not enough grandeur. This is a pic feels like she has a chip on her shoulder. I think your description of "Try me Bitch!" is very accurate. My favorite pics of Storm show her majesty. I love her dichotomy of be a weather goddess and scrappy street fighter that will cut a bitch. This pic has the street-fighter, but not the goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Well then just one more.....

We don't deserve this!!! She is so awesome!!

How old was Storm when she was introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How old was Storm when she was introduced?
    Mid 20s...around Jean and Scott's age.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mid 20s...around Jean and Scott's age.
    Yes, Ororo was about 25 and Jean was about 24. I kinda think you have to make them younger, though, retroactively, because of the sliding timeline. If it's been about 10 years in total for their whole history[as determined by the most recent House of X era], it's been about 8 years since Giant Size, but they are still under 30, so in my mind, you have to reconfigure them to be younger then(so like, 20, 21, instead). They were moving in almost real time back then(the comics). Scott was still 25 back in the mid 90's era, so unless the entire Claremont run is less than a year, they have to be younger back then at the start.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Regardless of the sliding timeline...I've always thought of the O5 and ANAD X-Men (As written by Claremont) to be young adults...18, 19, 20, 21, 22...where I would put Storm at 20/21 (but her life experiences and powers gives her an older, more mature outlook and sensibility and demeanor.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's an interesting Storm-related tidbit in the AiPT FCBD XoS article.
    Ten of Swords.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-15-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

It gets real weird because Beast was celebrating his 30th birthday back in 1993. (Ironically the same time X-men turned “30”)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so I'm not sure what to think about storm being one the 10 with a sword. I honestly dont even like the premise but if we get some good character development, feats and some xena like hand to hand I will be here for it:

posting larger image.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so I'm not sure what to think about storm being one the 10 with a sword. I honestly dont even like the premise but if we get some good character development, feats and some xena like hand to hand I will be here for it:

posting larger image.
    Kind of hoping they're not throw away weapons after the story concludes.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Most likely they will.

I don’t see a reason Storm needs to keep her sword

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Right! I think it would be an easy but also well thought out and introspective storyline to dive into for a future solo for her. Would absolutely love to read that journey for her while also witnessing the creative expansion of her ancestry and mythology.

Damn, are we sure? Isn’t she on the cover for the X-men comic coming out for Free Comic Book Day tomorrow? I had hope, but as usual, that was probably a mistake.
    yes it surely would. I'm not sure what coates would do if allowed to write her solo but your idea would be one fabulous way to do it.

storm was shown to be one of the wielders of a sword in sword of x

I'm with so. I dont think she has a need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    My expectations are sky high after Fox's nearly 20 year disaster with the character and their actresses. I just want the best. Layne is ok, but I want better than ok. I just don't think she can deliver. I don't believe she has enough presence to do Storm justice, and you either have that or you don't, and I personally think she just doesn't. She could probably portray Storm's grit and toughness well enough, but that majestic side that is awe-inspiring? Nah. I again really just want an unknown. I want a blank slate that I can completely lose myself in.
    your sentiment is understandable. I hope whoever gets the role really embody her in look and in her personality.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

compliments of boss logic:

also storm is number 3 of newsrama's top 10 female superheroes of all time:

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-female-superheroes/