Page 314 of 613 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 9190
    BANNED

I thought Children of the Atom was cancelled

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    There better be at least one awkward interaction between Logan and T'Challa. Or maybe the two of them consoling one another and talking about how Ororo was the one that got away.
    I think Logan is too fixated on Jean to carry one way or another about Jean honestly. with xforce and him literally sharing living quarters adjacent to jean ororo I'm sure is the furthest thing on his radar.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I thought Children of the Atom was cancelled
    really based upon what?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Wait wait wait so is Storm “The Thief” and “The Queen” referenced? Will this story spin out of whatever happens in Giant Size: Storm? Is Storm’s role of Ten of Swords something to do with her new, larger direction spinning out of whatever happens in GSX:Storm? As was so poignantly pointed out earlier, Logan and T’challa as well as Shuri and Jean are very particular and unique juxtaposition characters to Ororo, so will this part of the XoS storyline have Storm as the main focus. WHAT is going ON. I have so many questions and an eternity to wait for answersss *dramatically falls to the floor in feigned exasperation*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Wait wait wait so is Storm “The Thief” and “The Queen” referenced? Will this story spin out of whatever happens in Giant Size: Storm? Is Storm’s role of Ten of Swords something to do with her new, larger direction spinning out of whatever happens in GSX:Storm? As was so poignantly pointed out earlier, Logan and T’challa as well as Shuri and Jean are very particular and unique juxtaposition characters to Ororo, so will this part of the XoS storyline have Storm as the main focus. WHAT is going ON. I have so many questions and an eternity to wait for answersss *dramatically falls to the floor in feigned exasperation*
    same timeframe, so maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    The thief and queen to me are references to ororo as she has/is both. I do also think her role in the x of swords is why she and tchalla are involved. one poster hypothesized that she would get a vibranium sword from tchalla. I dont necessarily take much stock in covers as they typically are not an indication of what will happen in the comic these days but I most certainly hope tchalla and ororo are loving on each other. I need Coates work to be reinforced whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I posted this a few pages back but it's a really nice piece in celebration of the xmen movie (even though the movies were trash).

so vita IS NOT writing the issue with BP and shuri its Gerry Duggan:

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...1/marauders-13

edit:

nvm

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-oc...solicitations/
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-16-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The thief and queen to me are references to ororo as she has/is both. I do also think her role in the x of swords is why she and tchalla are involved. one poster hypothesized that she would get a vibranium sword from tchalla. I dont necessarily take much stock in covers as they typically are not an indication of what will happen in the comic these days but I most certainly hope tchalla and ororo are loving on each other. I need Coates work to be reinforced whenever possible.
    Well he did give her a vibranium dagger, so a sword wouldn't be too out the norm. T'Challa's been showering Storm with outfits and weapons since X-Men Red lol. But I'd be really interested in seeing how T'Challa factors in. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Well he did give her a vibranium dagger, so a sword wouldn't be too out the norm. T'Challa's been showering Storm with outfits and weapons since X-Men Red lol. But I'd be really interested in seeing how T'Challa factors in. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    yea I was thinking about the vibranium dagger he gave her as well. and tchalla has lowkey been in the background helping ororo in the xbooks since red but what I'm hoping to see is more explicit expressions of their care and love for one another. I think vita is actually a fan of what coates was doing so I am also cautiously optimistic we will get a nice story with vita on the issue.

Astonishing Member

yea I was thinking about the vibranium dagger he gave her as well. and tchalla has lowkey been in the background helping ororo in the xbooks since red but what I'm hoping to see is more explicit expressions of their care and love for one another. I think vita is actually a fan of what coates was doing so I am also cautiously optimistic we will get a nice story with vita on the issue.
    Yea I'm not the biggest fan of their romance anymore but I'll take a well written T'Challa even if it comes from the X-books. Personally I think the "secret flight" referenced is about how they have a deep relationship but keep it on the low because their countries are both great powers.

While Wakanda and Krakoa are non-aggressive right now, they are technically rivals and I think Storm has to juggle her responsibilities to both. We saw setup for that when she was having that convo with Nakia and we've seen how she advocated for mutants to live out in the world on the Quiet Council.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I'm not the biggest fan of their romance anymore but I'll take a well written T'Challa even if it comes from the X-books. Personally I think the "secret flight" referenced is about how they have a deep relationship but keep it on the low because their countries are both great powers.

While Wakanda and Krakoa are non-aggressive right now, they are technically rivals and I think Storm has to juggle her responsibilities to both. We saw setup for that when she was having that convo with Nakia and we've seen how she advocated for mutants to live out in the world on the Quiet Council.
    why arent you a fan of the romance? I also love the theory about secret flight. I couldnt quite place what that could mean but your theory definitely works for me.

now where are you getting they are rivals? I know wakanda didn't accept their aid but I didnt think that placed them as rivals? and agreed to your last points ororo has definitely been advocating for them to not live isolated from the rest of the world.

Astonishing Member

why arent you a fan of the romance? I also love the theory about secret flight. I couldnt quite place what that could mean but your theory definitely works for me.

now where are you getting they are rivals? I know wakanda didn't accept their aid but I didnt think that placed them as rivals? and agreed to your last points ororo has definitely been advocating for them to not live isolated from the rest of the world.
    I've gone on about this before but long story short I think that there's been some hostility from the X-Office to Black Panther. I like Ororo (and their first marriage) but I think X-writers and fans dislike T'Challa so you get stuff like the narrative that Wakanda hates mutants. I'd prefer T'Challa with a woman from his own mythos like Monica Lynne or Nakia. Neither will ever be as popular as Storm but I think they're more stable.

Like I said, Wakanda and Krakoa are non-aggressive, but they both have certain goals in conflict. Krakoa wants to dominate the global economy, Wakanda included. T'Challa is an Avenger, which means he won't stand for things like mutant immunity or their support for villains. Wakanda also gained 3 protectorates that rejected the mutant deal. I don't think they'll come to blows just yet but I think the potential for tension is there.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So much for the Sword of Bones...oh well, It was a delovely expectation while it lasted.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!