Page 315 of 613 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 9190
    BANNED

If Storm gets a Vibranium Blade she BETTER keep it

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I've gone on about this before but long story short I think that there's been some hostility from the X-Office to Black Panther. I like Ororo (and their first marriage) but I think X-writers and fans dislike T'Challa so you get stuff like the narrative that Wakanda hates mutants. I'd prefer T'Challa with a woman from his own mythos like Monica Lynne or Nakia. Neither will ever be as popular as Storm but I think they're more stable.

Like I said, Wakanda and Krakoa are non-aggressive, but they both have certain goals in conflict. Krakoa wants to dominate the global economy, Wakanda included. T'Challa is an Avenger, which means he won't stand for things like mutant immunity or their support for villains. Wakanda also gained 3 protectorates that rejected the mutant deal. I don't think they'll come to blows just yet but I think the potential for tension is there.
    I honestly think what you see is more a reflection of the lack of diversity in the creative side. Look at how Coates has written them as a couple versus others. he wrote to reinforce their love showing them supporting each other while working towards one common goal of protecting wakanda. others, such as aaron, chose to write them bickering and fighting like bickering children. Guggenheim chose to write her kissing gambit randomly. So I get the resseveration but considering Vita is a POC i think more care will be taken in how they choose to depict the only prominent black couple in the marvel books. zits the care that coates took because he is conscious of the importance of this.

There definitely us potential tension i cant deny that but any potential conflict, if written in character, I see ororo actively working with tchalla to diffuse it which hoes back to Hodari statements to magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Storm gets a Vibranium Blade she BETTER keep it
    she already did in marauders:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-16-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Well then just one more.....

OT, but she's doing an incredible sounding movie with the director of Love & Basketball/The Old Guard. Lupita was rumored to star as well, but may have scheduling issues.

The film is a historical epic inspired by true events that took place in The Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful states of Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries. The story follows Nanisca (Davis), general of the all-female military unit, and her daughter Nawi, who together fought the French and neighboring tribes who violated their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for.
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...ng-1234706452/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

she already did in marauders:

No, I meant like a Sword. A Vibranium Sword she needs to keep that too.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No, I meant like a Sword. A Vibranium Sword she needs to keep that too.
    oh yea I'm sure she will. I must say I was looking forward to the none sword being uses but if it turns out to be a vibranium one I'm fine with that too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I honestly think what you see is more a reflection of the lack of diversity in the creative side. Look at how Coates has written them as a couple versus others. she wrote to reinforce their love showing them supporting each other while working towards one common goal of protecting wakanda. others, such as aaron, chose to write them bickering and fighting like bickering children. Guggenheim chose to write her kissing gambit randomly. So I get the resseveration but considering Vita is a POC i think more care will be taken in how they choose to depict the only prominent black couple in the marvel books. zits the care that coates took because he is conscious of the importance of this.

There definitely us potential tension i cant deny that but any potential conflict, if written in character, I see ororo actively working with tchalla to diffuse it which hoes back to Hodari statements to magneto.
    You're 100% right, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic that Vita will do both characters justice. As a person of color, I expect her to be more sensitive to some of the narratives that develop around T'Challa in the fandom and that she'll try to give a solid representation of his romance with Storm. If there were more writers like her at the X-Office I'd be much more happy with the BP-Storm relationship.

And I agree that if a situation rises between Krakoa and Wakanda, or really any non-mutant heroes, it'll eventually get diffused and addressed. While I think some tension is inevitable I don't think Hickman's intention is to **** all over the wider MU just to prop up the X-Men. And Storm definitely deserves to be one of those big figures keeping the peace.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    You're 100% right, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic that Vita will do both characters justice. As a person of color, I expect her to be more sensitive to some of the narratives that develop around T'Challa in the fandom and that she'll try to give a solid representation of his romance with Storm. If there were more writers like her at the X-Office I'd be much more happy with the BP-Storm relationship.

And I agree that if a situation rises between Krakoa and Wakanda, or really any non-mutant heroes, it'll eventually get diffused and addressed. While I think some tension is inevitable I don't think Hickman's intention is to **** all over the wider MU just to prop up the X-Men. And Storm definitely deserves to be one of those big figures keeping the peace.
    1. indeed. she has written both BP and storm before so that is encouraging she is aware of the development Coates has written.

2. yea hickman did a good job writing the avengers and unless there is some editorial push for this clash between the xmen/avengers

oan I'm wondering how specifically the giant size issue leads to a larger role for ororo. it's clear she will be involved with the x of swords but that doesnt seem that impactful to me. whatever happens it seems she somehow finds a way to beat the virus within her.

oan I'm wondering how specifically the giant size issue leads to a larger role for ororo. it's clear she will be involved with the x of swords but that doesnt seem that impactful to me. whatever happens it seems she somehow finds a way to beat the virus within her.
    It doesnt feel like a big story considering its not present anywhere. We really should have scenes signs of her infection in Maraurders but as it stands the GS issue appears to be fairly self contained,. Its so odd especially with how connected the books are in DOX. Storm is infected and about to die in 30 days, yet there's no sense of urgency bc she is appearing completely fine elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It doesnt feel like a big story considering its not present anywhere. We really should have scenes signs of her infection in Maraurders but as it stands the GS issue appears to be fairly self contained,. Its so odd especially with how connected the books are in DOX. Storm is infected and about to die in 30 days, yet there's no sense of urgency bc she is appearing completely fine elsewhere
    exactly. from the covers that have been released there is like zero indication she was sealing with any ailments. I've seen many complain about how lackluster the giant sized issues have been (though I enjoyed the emma and jean one) and I'm hoping considering the stakes involved this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    OT, but she's doing an incredible sounding movie with the director of Love & Basketball/The Old Guard. Lupita was rumored to star as well, but may have scheduling issues.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...ng-1234706452/
    This DOES sound amazing! Finally something different.

so apparently some are speculating that this easter egg in end game is a hint Ororo is on her way to being introduced:

if true this would mean that Ororo was already in the MCU but not sure if this was because of thanos' snap or not. I'm so excited!!!

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...gg-x-men-storm

so apparently some are speculating that this easter egg in end game is a hint Ororo is on her way to being introduced:

if true this would mean that Ororo was already in the MCU but not sure if this was because of thanos' snap or not. I'm so excited!!!

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...gg-x-men-storm
    That has nothing to do with Storm. That segment takes place decades in the past and if it was a reference to Storm, that would make her a senior citizen in present day

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That has nothing to do with Storm. That segment takes place decades in the past and if it was a reference to Storm, that would make her a senior citizen in present day
    now we know ororo doesnt age. that is for the common-folk lol

but that is something the article went into as well either way you're most likely correct.

Niffleheim

Kyss those ppl spreading this are stretching black don't crack to its limits. That would make Ororo older than Tony Stark lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Kyss those ppl spreading this are stretching black don't crack to its limits. That would make Ororo older than Tony Stark lol!
    lmfao right and we know Tony old af lol