Page 317 of 613 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Also regarding this:

xos_checklist_blue_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have you been reading black panther? if you have its pretty much been explained there.
    Can you please expand on that? I didn't notice any specific clarification on that matter, I might have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    X editors come and go so who cares what they think?

Storm is a perfect match for T’Challa.
    Indeed she is a perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Um.... The day Storm needs to go Goddess mode on a third rate warmachine suits the day I'm no longer a fan.
    And beside miss out on that sweet H2h and knife to the face.
    Absolutely agree, but in the meantime I wish that they've referred on that matter differently. She still can go h2h with him, but inform him that this Tech doesn't work on who she really is (a goddess).

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You're assume Forge's tech doesn't work on gods.
    Forge tech works only on mutant powers, Divinity is entirely different aspect of power. Forge tech will most likely work on Divinity if he concentrates on those powers. But his tech clearly states that it nulifies only mutant powers.

I dont think that is the reason though. ororo doesnt seem to have fully accepted the power of divinity yet.

at least when she has spoke with Hodari (I believe is his name).

edit: it was with kojo:

Ah I remember that one. Indeed, she still didn't accept her Divinity, I do hope they change that with her upcoming Giant Size solo series.

Also, do you really think they will not put much effort in it? I mean they mentioned that this is their plans for years to come regarding their aim with Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You're assume Forge's tech doesn't work on gods.
    Good point! I must ponder this

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    But, he did render you powerless Ororo (and, Bobby too if I'm not mistaken) good thing you can fight hand to hand. But, currently I'm confused -- how was it even possible that Forge's nullifier technology was capable of stripping a goddess of Ororo's magnitude of her Divine "Godly" Powers? I mean ever since her ascension to bonified Goddesshood shouldn't Ororo be totally impervious to any and all Earthly technology?
    have you been reading black panther? if you have its pretty much been explained there.
    Help me out here... Exactly which issue(s) of Black Panther explains why Ororo is not susceptible to nullifier technology?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-17-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Good point! I must ponder this

Help me out here... Exactly which issue(s) of Black Panther explains why Ororo is not susceptible to nullifier technology?

There is none.
    The others are not speaking of Ororo Mutant ability of Storm theyer speaking of her godhead as The Windrinder or Walker of Clouds. Seeing how it's a Divine Power. Tho in case Ro, her Godhoods also to manifest itsself in the Storms.

BANNED

Then Ororo should have fried that Russian nullifier suit right there on the spot instead of having to pull a knife and throwing roundhouse kicks.

Then Ororo should have fried that Russian nullifier suit right there on the spot instead of having to pull a knife and throwing roundhouse kicks.
    Then when do we get to see Storm do some h2h. Knife skills. It's been so long people will start saying she has no H2h skill to keep up with some of the dealer fighter in the MU.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Also regarding this:

xos_checklist_blue_1.jpg

Can you please expand on that? I didn't notice any specific clarification on that matter, I might have missed something

Ah I remember that one. Indeed, she still didn't accept her Divinity, I do hope they change that with her upcoming Giant Size solo series.

Also, do you really think they will not put much effort in it? I mean they mentioned that this is their plans for years to come regarding their aim with Storm.
    The short and simple on the matter is that she has not accepted the divine power that she possesses. I liken it to how she almost became a true "goddess" during roguestorm but cut herself from ascending because she didnt want to corrupted herself as "jean" had done. That said, seeing she hasnt fully accepted it indicates she wouldnt go using it against some baseline humans in armored suits. It would have been nice to see but I expect and hope the xoffices will explore this aspect of her abilities in later stories. With them honestly its hard to say.

Oh beloved. You wont find any issue that talks specifically about nullifier tech but you will find a couple that talk about her not accepting her goddess abilities. Some even show her going goddess mode without her knowledge of doing so(which indicates she cant fully control it).

Moreover, as others have mentioned forge tech would have zero impact on her gift of godhead and it is highly unlikely that she would use such abilities that she herself does not own against baseline humans. Why would she use a power against a weaker foe she doesn't herself believe in? To expect her to do so wouldnt necessarily align to canonical events of 616. I also want to add that forge tech doesnt remove mutant abilities it simply doesnt allow conscious access to them. Storm was still able to use her powers unconsciously when she "lost" her powers originally.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-17-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

X of Swords looks like way too many issues for me. I just hope the writers do right by Storm. She deserves it.

Also on a completely different topic: Would y'all ever want to see Storm's nephew Evan Daniels a.k.a. Spyke appear in the 616 X-verse?

Why do you feel a character like X-23 was able to make a successful transition from X-men: Evolution to comics but Spyke has not?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Nope. Everything from Evolution should be relegated to the Pit. Definitely Spyke. And X23 while we're at it!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The short and simple on the matter is that she has not accepted the divine power that she possesses. I liken it to how she almost became a true "goddess" during roguestorm but cut herself from ascending because she didnt want to corrupted herself as "jean" had done. That said, seeing she hasnt fully accepted it indicates she wouldnt go using it against some baseline humans in armored suits. It would have been nice to see but I expect and hope the xoffices will explore this aspect of her abilities in later stories. With them honestly its hard to say.
    THIS! THIS RIGHT SPEAKS VOLUME TO THE CHARACTER.
    A Women, who just See's herself has human as the next but yet everyone in the world See's it. She's a frickin goddess. And each time it's offered to her she denies it.
    Asgard knew .
    Let not forget Loki and that hammer she has already denied thrice.
    Her worshipers knew.
    Even to the point she appears in Apocalypse tomb wall.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    X of Swords looks like way too many issues for me. I just hope the writers do right by Storm. She deserves it.

Also on a completely different topic: Would y'all ever want to see Storm's nephew Evan Daniels a.k.a. Spyke appear in the 616 X-verse?

Why do you feel a character like X-23 was able to make a successful transition from X-men: Evolution to comics but Spyke has not?
    no I honestly wouldnt want to see him. I didnt necessarily like xmen evolution and I didnt particularly like him. he came across as a reject marrow but nowhere near as interesting.

to the x of swords it seems the krakoans have to obtain these weapons to fight the beings from the dawn of time. why they need these weapons I dmwiyld like to know but also why are these specific mutants chosen to fight them?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Nope. Everything from Evolution should be relegated to the Pit. Definitely Spyke. And X23 while we're at it!

LMFAO. No to spyke. Only if their going to acknowledge the Monroe's That the BP books established. Her grandparents who are raising her cousin who would be about his age. I just rather they do something with him instead of turning him into spyke 2.0

we are speaking the same language boo. send it and x23 to the pits of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    THIS! THIS RIGHT SPEAKS VOLUME TO THE CHARACTER.
    A Women, who just See's herself has human as the next but yet everyone in the world See's it. She's a frickin goddess. And each time it's offered to her she denies it.
    Asgard knew .
    Let not forget Loki and that hammer she has already denied thrice.
    Her worshipers knew.
    Even to the point she appears in Apocalypse tomb wall.
    you make am excellent point. there has been this theme of her being offered power in some form only to reject it. why? does it simply boil down to her wanting to be human? she braces the mutant power that is her birthright but why the others?

Storm is going to be facing off against on of these beings. I hope we get some Hadari Yao action as a result of this event:

Astonishing Member

Ororo's gift of godhead needs to be accepted and honed before she can just use it on the fly. Even when we saw her use that power in BP, it was used through her mutant ability to control the weather. So she had no choice but to bust out the vibranium knife when her powers were nullified.

My head cannon is that her god head is the ability to innately manifest and control white magic, while regular magic users like Doctor Strange need to channel it directly from Oshtur. She has a piece of the divine in her but she needs to train and likely would've if she never left Kenya.

Niffleheim

Thank you. I remember being so pissed with Evolution. I wanted to rip Spyke to shreds with his own spikes and the aging of Ororo annoyed me to high heavens.