Page 318 of 613 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ororo's gift of godhead needs to be accepted and honed before she can just use it on the fly. Even when we saw her use that power in BP, it was used through her mutant ability to control the weather. So she had no choice but to bust out the vibranium knife when her powers were nullified.

My head cannon is that her god head is the ability to innately manifest and control white magic, while regular magic users like Doctor Strange need to channel it directly from Oshtur. She has a piece of the divine in her but she needs to train and likely would've if she never left Kenya.
    you're actually hitting on what I would like to see in her solo. training on her power and understanding its use and applications. I also liked how you point out her not being able to do this as a result of becoming am xman. so much of her identity was lost when she chose to accept Xavier offer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Thank you. I remember being so pissed with Evolution. I wanted to rip Spyke to shreds with his own spikes and the aging of Ororo annoyed me to high heavens.
    right. I hated how she was aged. I dont know but her depiction seemed liked a diluted mammy caricature to me and I couldnt ever fully get on board with it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    right. I hated how she was aged. I dont know but her depiction seemed liked a diluted mammy caricature to me and I couldnt ever fully get on board with it.
    to be honest i would have loved Spyke if it didn't contribute to the aging of Ororo. That instantly closed the love gate for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Nope. Everything from Evolution should be relegated to the Pit. Definitely Spyke. And X23 while we're at it!

It's always been a missed opportunity for the X-office not to give Storm her own "family". No long-lost siblings, time displaced kids, alternate reality versions of herself to bounce off of. Would've been a great way to increase the number of B-list black mutants while giving Storm some more influence past her authority as a leading X-man.

I vaguely remember Spyke and while he never left a huge impression on me, I'd be happy if they made the effort to revamp him as a cousin to Ororo in the comics. Why not graft elements of his character onto David Munroe Jr., from the Hudlin run?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    to be honest i would have loved Spyke if it didn't contribute to the aging of Ororo. That instantly closed the love gate for me.
    I felt like she would have been ages in spite of him. I dint the creators could include her in their story in context to her personality. in canon at the age of the mutants featured in evo she was worshipped as a goddess and in full control of her abilities. the only way it made sense yo include her was as a much older character.

I will never understand Evolution fanpeople, or how they try to throw shade at TAS. I was introducing my niece to the show a few weeks ago(TAS), who is 8, the same age I was when the show debuted, and I was taken aback by how mature the first few episodes were. Evolution really dumbed things down, and in regards to Ororo and Spyke in particular, nothing about their relation even made sense. Evo had a horrible Ororo origin episode that kinda showed her as a goddess in Africa, but I don't remember them touching on the Cairo incident. How can Ororo have an older sister with a teenaged son in America if she was an only child and her parents died so long ago in Egypt? The fact that they added Spyke and made him related to Storm, but never addressed this, is insane to me.

Nevermind the fact that Spyke was an annoying character in his own right that the show literally threw into the sewers. Evo should have made Ororo a teen like everyone else, instead of creating such a horrible character, if they wanted a 'black youth' so badly. Or, you know, use Synch or a retooled Bishop or promoted Sunspot if they wanted a black boy. But really, I just did not like the whole show. It missed the mark for me storywise, characterization-wise, and I absolutely ABHOR their character designs! I don't care if the sweatshop animators behind TAS couldn't keep up with the production schedule and made loads of mistakes, at leas they were vibing off of Jim Lee's design aesthetic. I don't care Evo's animation was perfectly smooth if they all look like Disney straight-to-video aesthetic(hated that WatXM continued in that lane also).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's always been a missed opportunity for the X-office not to give Storm her own "family". No long-lost siblings, time displaced kids, alternate reality versions of herself to bounce off of. Would've been a great way to increase the number of B-list black mutants while giving Storm some more influence past her authority as a leading X-man.

I vaguely remember Spyke and while he never left a huge impression on me, I'd be happy if they made the effort to revamp him as a cousin to Ororo in the comics. Why not graft elements of his character onto David Munroe Jr., from the Hudlin run?
    the xoffices did give her kymera and then most recently (which I didnt care for) major x. outside of the xoffices we know the BP offices gave her children and grandchildren. they seemed to want to give her an identity outside of being the xmen occasional lightning thrower.

I will never understand Evolution fanpeople, or how they try to throw shade at TAS. I was introducing my niece to the show a few weeks ago(TAS), who is 8, the same age I was when the show debuted, and I was taken aback by how mature the first few episodes were. Evolution really dumbed things down, and in regards to Ororo and Spyke in particular, nothing about their relation even made sense. Evo had a horrible Ororo origin episode that kinda showed her as a goddess in Africa, but I don't remember them touching on the Cairo incident. How can Ororo have an older sister with a teenaged son in America if she was an only child and her parents died so long ago in Egypt? The fact that they added Spyke and made him related to Storm, but never addressed this, is insane to me.

Nevermind the fact that Spyke was an annoying character in his own right that the show literally threw into the sewers. Evo should have made Ororo a teen like everyone else, instead of creating such a horrible character, if they wanted a 'black youth' so badly. Or, you know, use Synch or a retooled Bishop or promoted Sunspot if they wanted a black boy. But really, I just did not like the whole show. It missed the mark for me storywise, characterization-wise, and I absolutely ABHOR their character designs! I don't care if the sweatshop animators behind TAS couldn't keep up with the production schedule and made loads of mistakes, at leas they were vibing off of Jim Lee's design aesthetic. I don't care Evo's animation was perfectly smooth if they all look like Disney straight-to-video aesthetic(hated that WatXM continued in that lane also).
    cosigned. evo was a hot mess and definitely so in comparison to xmen tas.

Why would anyone want a bone-shooting punk kid associated with Ororo? If we are going to recruit any of Storm's animated younglings, go ahead and promote M'Jnari from TAS to comics canon. In fact, he's already a part of canon in LifeDeath II, but considering the sliding timeline in comics, that child would still be very young(maybe 6?), so how about not.

If we are going to expand Ororo's family, let's focus on the meat and potatoes of her grandmother's culture. That is the place with so much storytelling potential as a comic book character. That's where Ororo is witchqueen, Goddess-derived. I mean, Hudlin already introduced the Munroe family if you really want more 'realworld' relations. But in that case, I like that they wouldn't be mutants, or divine witchqueens, just regular folk. I honestly don't even like the whole 'mutant family tree' trope in the X-Books(the Summers/Greys, Logan's progeny, etc, etc). It's overplayed. X-Men are more about found-family than blood relatives anyways. I don't need Storm to have twelve mutant cousins or start producing a litter of duplicate elemental children.

cosigned. evo was a hot mess and definitely so in comparison to xmen tas.
    Yass gurl, a hot mess. I will give them the slightest bit of credit for the concept of their Apocalypse story serving as the series finale that was built up to and involved all their characters. It had a better ending than TAS, sure, but beyond that; NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    X of Swords looks like way too many issues for me. I just hope the writers do right by Storm. She deserves it.

Also on a completely different topic: Would y'all ever want to see Storm's nephew Evan Daniels a.k.a. Spyke appear in the 616 X-verse?

Mmm, X of Swords, is really long one, but I highly doubt it will concentrate only on Storm. She will be part of it, but not during the entire Comic Series.

As far for Spyke, I don't know... I am not fan of Spyke honestly. If we see him in comics, good for his fans.

As far for X-23, she gained a lot of popularity shortly after she was introduced in the animation, a lot of people supported her and she was the perfect replacement for Wolverine, so there is your answer. Not a fan of X-23, either.

Astonishing Member

you're actually hitting on what I would like to see in her solo. training on her power and understanding its use and applications. I also liked how you point out her not being able to do this as a result of becoming am xman. so much of her identity was lost when she chose to accept Xavier offer.
    Yea, I'm not sure how much I want Ororo to lean into her mystical heritage but it'd be great to see her explore her lineage and her abilities. I think her joining the X-Men was ultimately for the best and that the fact she keeps up her connection to Kenya is a powerful message. Though I think she should have more to do with what's going on in East Africa.

the xoffices did give her kymera and then most recently (which I didnt care for) major x. outside of the xoffices we know the BP offices gave her children and grandchildren. they seemed to want to give her an identity outside of being the xmen occasional lightning thrower.
    But those are basically one-offs. They appear for a story arc or few then are never seen again. I'm talking about giving Storm her "Cable" or "Havok", people related to her by blood that are part of the X-Men mythos, get to appear in team books, and develop identities of their own.

Yass gurl, a hot mess. I will give them the slightest bit of credit for the concept of their Apocalypse story serving as the series finale that was built up to and involved all their characters. It had a better ending than TAS, sure, but beyond that; NOPE!
    there were cute moments but it overall should be thrown to the pits of hell.

BANNED

I’m going to give an Educated Guess. But I think the Crocodile Named: “Pogg Ur Pogg” is actually The Sphinx Ammut the Servant to Maa’t a.k.a Oshtur. ����*♂️

C6FFE7A9-8944-4B52-94DA-BF3B741D4FFF.jpg

BANNED

And my REASON behind this is because if you read Mystic Arcana #1

Ashake and Magik are seen talking to Ammut the Giant Crocadile.

BFBE4F53-B481-4610-BA64-5C3B10E713EC.jpg

This is just MY THEORY