Page 319 of 613 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    And my REASON behind this is because if you read Mystic Arcana #1

Ashake and Magik are seen talking to Ammut the Giant Crocadile.

Attachment 98835

This is just MY THEORY
    I cant really see your image. what book and issue number is that from?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I cant really see your image. what book and issue number is that from?
    Mystic Arcana #1

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

But those are basically one-offs. They appear for a story arc or few then are never seen again. I'm talking about giving Storm her "Cable" or "Havok", people related to her by blood that are part of the X-Men mythos, get to appear in team books, and develop identities of their own.
    Is it bad that i don't give a shit about that? i need stories about her first before i give a shit about some relation i don't know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why would anyone want a bone-shooting punk kid associated with Ororo? If we are going to recruit any of Storm's animated younglings, go ahead and promote M'Jnari from TAS to comics canon. In fact, he's already a part of canon in LifeDeath II, but considering the sliding timeline in comics, that child would still be very young(maybe 6?), so how about not.

If we are going to expand Ororo's family, let's focus on the meat and potatoes of her grandmother's culture. That is the place with so much storytelling potential as a comic book character. That's where Ororo is witchqueen, Goddess-derived. I mean, Hudlin already introduced the Munroe family if you really want more 'realworld' relations. But in that case, I like that they wouldn't be mutants, or divine witchqueens, just regular folk. I honestly don't even like the whole 'mutant family tree' trope in the X-Books(the Summers/Greys, Logan's progeny, etc, etc). It's overplayed. X-Men are more about found-family than blood relatives anyways. I don't need Storm to have twelve mutant cousins or start producing a litter of duplicate elemental children.
    I'm not saying it necessarily has to be Spyke, I'd be down for seeing Storm's extended mutant family in any capacity. I find the mystical aspect of her character the most interesting part too so if we could see people from that side of her tree that's even better. But if you're not a fan of the mutant dynasties I can understand the disinterest.

I think it's a cool concept and definitely believe it fuels a character's popularity and relevance to have satellite characters sprinkled across the franchise. But I guess you can get the same effect with well developed relationships with non-family characters. But those tend to be much easier to ignore, like her being a mentor to Gentle.

I’m going to give an Educated Guess. But I think the Crocodile Named: “Pogg Ur Pogg” is actually The Sphinx Ammut the Servant to Maa’t a.k.a Oshtur. ����*♂️

Attachment 98834
    I'd love to see real Kemetic principals applied to this story, since it's riffing off of the Tarot and deals with Apocalypse's first Horsemen in ancient times, and all that, and Ashake should totally be involved since she created the tarot and the Sword of Bones is connected to her, but I don't think it will happen. I don't even think that giant crocodile, which could easily be a reference to Ammut the eater of souls, or Sobek, a god in his own right, will be more than a wink and a nod in the story. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't sense that Hickman will do anything more than windowshop on the superficial level with the Kemetic mysteries and how they relate to Storm or Apocalypse for that matter, which is a shame.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yea, I'm not sure how much I want Ororo to lean into her mystical heritage but it'd be great to see her explore her lineage and her abilities. I think her joining the X-Men was ultimately for the best and that the fact she keeps up her connection to Kenya is a powerful message. Though I think she should have more to do with what's going on in East Africa.

But those are basically one-offs. They appear for a story arc or few then are never seen again. I'm talking about giving Storm her "Cable" or "Havok", people related to her by blood that are part of the X-Men mythos, get to appear in team books, and develop identities of their own.

1. I'm not sure if joining the xmen were necessarily for the best. In a lot of ways what Xavier dream was already being shown in Ororo's village. Add to this once she became an xman a lot of her time was spent being just that:

2. that's fair. I was just drawing attention to the fact they have created family for her but with most things post Claremont related to her it was executed poorly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no I honestly wouldnt want to see him. I didnt necessarily like xmen evolution and I didnt particularly like him. he came across as a reject marrow but nowhere near as interesting.

to the x of swords it seems the krakoans have to obtain these weapons to fight the beings from the dawn of time. why they need these weapons I dmwiyld like to know but also why are these specific mutants chosen to fight them?
    I would really like to know that as well, and where do you read about those beings from dawn of time? It does match with the name of the comic series Dawn of X-Men.

Also, I am one of the few who actually liked X-Men Evolution it seems, even though I believe that they underpowered Ororo quite a bit, she was too weak in that animation, not what she really poses as power.

BANNED

I'd love to see real Kemetic principals applied to this story, since it's riffing off of the Tarot and deals with Apocalypse's first Horsemen in ancient times, and all that, and Ashake should totally be involved since she created the tarot and the Sword of Bones is connected to her, but I don't think it will happen. I don't even think that giant crocodile, which could easily be a reference to Ammut the eater of souls, or Sobek, a god in his own right, will be more than a wink and a nod in the story. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't sense that Hickman will do anything more than windowshop on the superficial level with the Kemetic mysteries and how they relate to Storm or Apocalypse for that matter, which is a shame.
    Yeah, your right. They just look very similar to me. I’m pretty I’m wrong and Hickman will come out the woodworks with an explanation that makes you go hm. But it’s just a Theory that I myself hope is true. LOL

Mystic Arcana #1
    oh wow sp!!! great find it does look like the croc on the cover for the x of swords stasis:

BANNED

Just my Theory. That’s all.

BANNED

Ororo's gift of godhead needs to be accepted and honed before she can just use it on the fly. Even when we saw her use that power in BP, it was used through her mutant ability to control the weather. So she had no choice but to bust out the vibranium knife when her powers were nullified.

My head cannon is that her god head is the ability to innately manifest and control white magic, while regular magic users like Doctor Strange need to channel it directly from Oshtur. She has a piece of the divine in her but she needs to train and likely would've if she never left Kenya.
    Wait... Who said Doctor Strange can't use/control white magic?

I havent realized how rich ororos history is. ashake and ororos history there would certainly seem to be applicable to what we are seeing with apocalypse in current books. maybe this is the catalyst that beings her into this fight with these dawn of time beings but I do understand your sentiments.

also good point about ashake creating the template for what would be tarot cards.

Don't forget that Ma'at is a goddess of truth, balance, order, harmony, law, morality, and justice. Does those traits ring a bell? It seems like X of Swords will be concentrating on a lot Godhood stuffs, which means that it is finally for Storm Godhead to shine, which means that we might actually see her ascent in her solo series and apply it in X of Swords, or she will start in X of Swords and continue in her Solo series.

And for Ma'at opposite we have Isfet and they represent injustice, chaos, violence or to do evil. Any hints here, hn?

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Don't forget that Ma'at is a goddess of truth, balance, order, harmony, law, morality, and justice. Does those traits ring a bell? It seems like X of Swords will be concentrating on a lot Godhood stuffs, which means that it is finally for Storm Godhead to shine, which means that we might actually see her ascent in her solo series and apply it in X of Swords, or she will start in X of Swords and continue in her Solo series.

And for Ma'at opposite we have Isfet and they represent injustice, chaos, violence or to do evil. Any hints here, hn?
    yasssssss!!

it would seem that this would be a perfect opportunity for Hickman to explore the hadari yao storyline within the xbooks.

Maybe Hickman will surprise me and interweave some Kemetic mysteries into the narrative. I'd love to see that. But that big crocodile in Sword of X? See how his head in like on a body of rocks? Ammut is specifically a composite of a crocodile head, a lion upper torso, and a hippopotamus butt(the three deadliest animals in KMT).

So, just based on the art alone, that can't really be Ammut.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!