Page 323 of 613 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    The only game which barely touched the true power of Storm so far:

The only thing I dislike about this gameplay video is that he chooses the Punk costume, she has it seems other costumes much better.
    it was aight but they need to not let no white girl voice act Storm again. No ma'am!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    it was aight but they need to not let no white girl voice act Storm again. No ma'am!
    But she is voiced by a Black Woman... Kimberly Brooks, you can hear it in her accent. She also voices Alura from Voltron Vlogs and in Voltron: Legendary Defender animation in 2016 as well and Melenor and Valayun.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-18-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You should check out Marvel Super War, in this game Storm is SO DOWNGRADED... she is taking most damage from Elemental Attacks like Fire and Ice...

Let me not start on her stats, roll down and check her stats, she is an Energy hero, so you will find her under that tab.

https://www.marvelsuperwar.com/

I swear, I really need Developers STOP DEGRADING STORM so much... how can Emma... has higher defence than her... or even the fucking Mysterio... or Human Torch... basically ALL HEROES in that fucking game have much higher defence than Storm... which is so untrue, she can deflect bullets, she can resist heat, cold and electric damage, any weather phenomena, even water. Yet they made her so weak in her defence... I am absolutely SHOCKED!

Even Ant-Man has his stats almost top-up... while hers are so lacklustre!

And her mobility is even WORSE! While she is one of the most agile and mobile heroes, who can move at the speed of sound and instantly turn the weather upside down, protecting her or extracting her from harm way.

It goes beyond developers. I think they take their cues from the comics. Shescrarely if ever seen deflecting bullets or being immune to extreme temps which would include fire and ice even though she has been described as being immune to extreme temps in comics. Like lightning is several times hotter than fire do how is it that she can channel lightning with no issue but get burned by fire. it makes zero sense. writers simply have to do better.

Nevermind... I was checking Marvel's Official Database and those statistics look so unreal for her and her accomplishments. Emma has her statistics much, much higher... like how? No those statistics are definitely unreal:

DURABILITY: 2
    ENERGY: 5?
    FIGHTING SKILLS: 4?
    INTELLIGENCE: 2? For real...
    SPEED: 3... how...?
    STRENGTH: 3

From the above statistics I agree with Strength and Durability... but the rest... are they for real?

Even Iron Man has much higher statistics and he is using just a suit...
    those stats on the marvel page are flat out wrong. I completely ignore those as they dont account any of the things she has canonically done. case in point, she can be exposed to radiation without being burned. based upon that there is more way her durability is a 2. at any rate I think we went through an exercise were we updated this per her actual feats on the first page of this thread:

Intelligence: 3 (Learned)

Strength: 2 (Able to lift own body weight)

Speed: 5 (Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity)

Durability: 3 (Enhanced) - Her immunity to weather effects

Energy Projection: 6 (Able to discharge multiple forms of energy) - Electro-magnetic, psionic projection and the ability to remove heat, divine energy

Fighting Ability: 5 (Master of a single form of combat) - She a street fighter with a mixture of martial arts moves

what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Okay I dont think that woman is Ororo, because they have obviously been corrupted or mutated by the demonic forces, abandoned by millenia.
    But the time and space, the features, the fact hickman is a wiz of continuity and a big new mutants fans who are probably the team with the most exposure to ororos mystical lineage with limbo ororo and ashake, im betting that woman is a distant ancestor of her ancient blood line.
    A dark mirror to ororo's radiance.
    She looks so much like her im excited for my two favs, ororo and betsy
    I'm inclined to believe it's an ancestor too. ororo is seen on the cover as one of the x of swords do it wouldnt make much sense if she is also on the side of the antagonist top. at any rate, it's so exciting to see all this speculation. I'm very curious to see how it unfolds and if she actually is connected to ororo in any way.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Im betting that they are at least conected, the visual markers in the past have been more precise than we predicted, like how people predicted about rasputin and cardinal and it ended up being close to what everyone expected, albeit even more interesting

Astonishing Member

If this is Storm's ancestor then that could help explain why Wakanda might be involved as well. 3 of the Orisha they worship are Heliopolitans (Egyptian) and T'Challa is aware of Storm's divinity on a level even Storm herself isn't. Wakanda is also a civilization predating Ancient Egypt by millennia so maybe they have info in the archives about what was going on with Apocalypse, his horsemen, and members of Storm's lineage back in the days of Okkara.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If this is Storm's ancestor then that could help explain why Wakanda might be involved as well. 3 of the Orisha they worship are Heliopolitans (Egyptian) and T'Challa is aware of Storm's divinity on a level even Storm herself isn't. Wakanda is also a civilization predating Ancient Egypt by millennia so maybe they have info in the archives about what was going on with Apocalypse, his horsemen, and members of Storm's lineage back in the days of Okkara.
    I'd have loved a mini series where Apocalypse lost his first set of horsemen trying to invade Wakanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd have loved a mini series where Apocalypse lost his first set of horsemen trying to invade Wakanda.
    that be in brand too cause they take L´s like nobody and with style (they as in apoc and the horsemen)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It goes beyond developers. I think they take their cues from the comics. She rarely if ever seen deflecting bullets or being immune to extreme temps which would include fire and ice even though she has been described as being immune to extreme temps in comics. Like lightning is several times hotter than fire does how is it that she can channel lightning with no issue but get burned by fire. it makes zero sense. writers simply have to do better.

those stats on the marvel page are flat out wrong. I completely ignore those as they don't account any of the things she has canonically done. case in point, she can be exposed to radiation without being burned. based upon that there is more way her durability is a 2., at any rate, I think we went through an exercise were we updated this per her actual feats on the first page of this thread:

Intelligence: 3 (Learned)

Strength: 2 (Able to lift own body weight)

Speed: 5 (Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity)

Durability: 3 (Enhanced) - Her immunity to weather effects

Energy Projection: 6 (Able to discharge multiple forms of energy) - Electro-magnetic, psionic projection and the ability to remove heat, divine energy

Fighting Ability: 5 (Master of a single form of combat) - She a street fighter with a mixture of martial arts moves

what are your thoughts?
    If they are taking their cues from the comics they should check Storm solo series... when they are creating her. I was furious with their development on her and therefore I sent them huge feedback.

I don't think that those stats are close either...

Intelligence: 4-5, due to her being a Queen and ruling while BP was away and nowhere, near to help her. Taken from BP Solo series, while he was in space.

Strength: I will put it to 4 since she can lift buildings with her winds... if we are speaking only for her own strength than 3.

Speed: Supersonic Speed should be 6 since 7 will be the speed of light, and Supersonic Speed is right below Light speed.

Durability: Should be at least 4-5, she has resisted much worse than most people anticipate. The Crushing depths of the Ocean, for example, as well and Solar Radiation is another.

Energy Projection: Is fine as 6, I was thinking the same. After she fully takes on her godhood we can raise it to 7.

Fighting Ability: Is fine as well, as 5. It matches what she can do.

But I have to be honest, I believe those statistics are much more accurate with all her feats: https://www.marvel.com/characters/storm-ultimate
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-18-2020 at 11:40 AM.

BANNED

Geographically, anyone know how far Wakanda is from Egypt?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Somewhere between 1500 and 2000 miles
    Last edited by Cville; 07-18-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Geographically, anyone knows how far Wakanda is from Egypt?
    Well, since Wakanda takes Uganda location, pretty much. I would say around 3000 km from one another. The distance between Uganda and Egypt is 2832 km.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That would've been dope. I'm not always up for connecting Egypt and Wakanda but I'd love to hear about some failed invasions from Kush and Egypt during Apocalypse's time.

Wakanda is located in the upper Great Lakes Region (Uganda, Rwanda). So it's pretty far but archaeology shows us that there's been exchange between the people of this area and Kush/Egypt for millennia.

Interesting thought about how Hickman loves his New Mutants. Some of the deepest cuts to Storm's heritage comes from those books and I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks that's good material for the story he's telling.

The woman on the tarot card looks a lot like Storm, just after she's succumbed to the techno-organic virus. Pupil-less eyes, high cheekbones, the purple in the background that's been associated with her for the last few months, and the statement about the voice falling silent all make me think that. We know Storm is supposed to be one of the most talked about characters coming out of this event and of all the X-Men she has some of the strongest connections to ancient Egypt (via the Into the Storm mini, Mystic Arcana, and several New Mutans issues).
    Yeah, Xavier Files also said that it might Ororo. Last night, I considered the same thing, where she's in her Techno-Organic form. I think if Giant Size Storm had been released in June like it was suppose to be (damn Corona), we would've known for certain her faith and if she was altered in some way. So I'm on the fence of her actually being Ororo or that's Ororo's ancestress.

We also know the Duggan and Hickman are aware of what's been going on with her in Black Panther, where her main subplot is related to her ancient lineage with these unique connections to her mutant abilities. My bet right now is that the classified woman is some sort of wayward ancestor of Ororo's who was recruited by Apocalypse during his time in Egypt. She's not a Horseman but maybe she's to Arrako's people what Storm is to Krakoa's, a "high priestess" and defender. Maybe Ashake had an X-gene and a sibling who also did?

But I don't think everything is what it seems and that the swordbearers will be the true villains. Arrako and Krakoa were split by a third party (described as an enemy) with the Twilight Sword. To me that should be the big villain or at the very least some force directly tied to them. After all, Arrako is basically a base for the Four Horsemen and presumably people that were trapped there when Okara was destroyed. They've been fighting an eternal war against someone else and I doubt Krakoa is their main priority.
    I also thought she could be Ashake's daughter--possibly by Apocalypse--but I'm not sure if the timeline would work. I need to go back and reread some stuff. I always felt that Marvel should touch upon Apocalypse potential links to Ororo (who grew up in country and has ancestor(s) who lived there) and even Wakanda( who likely had run ins with Apocalypse thousands of years ago), instead of having him stuck in the Summers Family orbit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Yeah, Xavier Files also said that it might Ororo. Last night, I considered the same thing, where she's in her Techno-Organic form. I think if Giant Size Storm had been released in June like it was suppose to be (damn Corona), we would've known for certain her faith and if she was altered in some way. So I'm on the fence of her actually being Ororo or that's Ororo's ancestress.

I also thought she could be Ashake's daughter--possibly by Apocalypse--but I'm not sure if the timeline would work. I need to go back and reread some stuff. I always felt that Marvel should touch upon Apocalypse potential links to Ororo (who grew up in country and has ancestor(s) who lived there) and even Wakanda( who likely had run ins with Apocalypse thousands of years ago), instead of having him stuck in the Summers Family orbit.
    "CE: So what’s a little speculation without getting completely wild. I think this is a depiction of Storm. I think the “harmonious lifting of voices” refers to her position as the speaker/priestess associated with the mutant resurrections. I have nothing else other than that, and of course the lack of pupils. But Storm deciding to take a new path while her character has spun her wheels a bit during Dawn of X would be pretty true to the character who once got very punk in the 80s.

RS: Hell, I feel like she’s been put in stasis the entire time I’ve been reading X-Men, maybe longer. The only arcs I feel like Storm has gotten have been: 1. Dating Wolverine for a hot minute, 2. Losing her cool hammer in X-Men: Gold, and 3. Routinely declaring that with training and therapy she’s gotten past her phobia of tight spaces before the next writer ignores that, and the following writer after that declares, again, that with training and therapy [etc]. For one of, possibly the greatest X-Men, she’s really been ill-served in modern comics. So I’d love for Storm to be key to X of Swords. Here why I’m skeptical: that hair isn’t white, right? Or, maybe it is? Is the coloring just really bad? Or the shadows are weird? But your point about voices is bouncing around my brain… I think you might be right. I think just (not so shockingly), the coloring of Storm in a modern X-Men comic might be subpar. Again.

CE: Or, I’m just very wrong! Gracia’s coloring is usually pretty great.
    "

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

If they are taking their cues from the comics they should check Storm solo series... when they are creating her. I was furious with their development on her and therefore I sent them huge feedback.

I don't think that those stats are close either...

Intelligence: 4-5, due to her being a Queen and ruling while BP was away and nowhere, near to help her. Taken from BP Solo series, while he was in space.

Strength: I will put it to 4 since she can lift buildings with her winds... if we are speaking only for her own strength than 3.

Speed: Supersonic Speed should be 6 since 7 will be the speed of light, and Supersonic Speed is right below Light speed.

Durability: Should be at least 4-5, she has resisted much worse than most people anticipate. The Crushing depths of the Ocean, for example, as well and Solar Radiation is another.

Energy Projection: Is fine as 6, I was thinking the same. After she fully takes on her godhood we can raise it to 7.

Fighting Ability: Is fine as well, as 5. It matches what she can do.

But I have to be honest, I believe those statistics are much more accurate with all her feats: https://www.marvel.com/characters/storm-ultimate
    very interesting categorization here. thanks for providing your insight on these.

I'm curious how much from her solo is going to be explored as well. Tchalla knew of ororos heritage and connection to the divine. Had he possibly been aware of the markings found in apocalypse tomb as shown below:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!