Page 325 of 613 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no thank you for sharing!!

and I appreciate your detail on how you came up with your stats. I think it's fair in terms of your rationale. how long ago did you create this btw?
    The actual drawing took no time, probably about 15 minutes or so. The coloring took longer, about an hour at most. The background and Storm logo were stock images I got off the internet. I gonna try and do another soon, a better one of Storm in her actual costume and not the generic one I threw together lol. I'm working on one for Bishop and Wolverine atm though.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The actual drawing took no time, probably about 15 minutes or so. The coloring took longer, about an hour at most. The background and Storm logo were stock images I got off the internet. I gonna try and do another soon, a better one of Storm in her actual costume and not the generic one I threw together lol. I'm working on one for Bishop and Wolverine atm though.
    oh very cool!!! I was curious as to when you created this because I was wondering if it took into account some of her most recent feats. but when you update the look please share!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

The discussion about Storm's stats gave me the idea to create this -

It's just my personal opinion on how I view Storm's abilities... and I also just wanted a reason to post one of my Storm drawings lol.
    Mental powers?!? What mental abilities do you refer to?

how absurd of me to answer a question based upon the info you provided without any links and only an image.
    At least we both agree on it being absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    At least we both agree on it being absurd!
    it was sarcasm lovely but I'm sure you knew that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

it was sarcasm lovely but I'm sure you knew that.
    Yes, what a truly bizarre exchange on this forum.
    I try to post something nice for everyone to see and you turn it into something negative and bitchy.

BANNED

The discussion about Storm's stats gave me the idea to create this -

It's just my personal opinion on how I view Storm's abilities... and I also just wanted a reason to post one of my Storm drawings lol.
    Nice. I’d give Storm A 7 in the Energy Department. Since she is not manipulating Divine Energy.
    And I give some a 3 in durability. Any person that can survive getting slammed to the ground 10-15ft in the air and still move? Is slightly above Human.

Other than nice Stats

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Yes, what a truly bizarre exchange on this forum.
    I try to post something nice for everyone to see and you turn it into something negative and bitchy.
    I liked it. It was actually a good way to get into Storm.
    not seeing Coates work but seeing Xmen Gold makes that list instant garbage but thanks for sharing though.

Guggenheim’s X-Men Gold was not part of the Guide for Storm.

Thank you stormphoenix, yes it was a great guide even if it was Claremont heavy. But he did so much with the character (Doom, Dracula, Morlocks, Stormcaster, Lifedeath), that its hard to ignore his work as a Storm fan!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I liked it. It was actually a good way to get into Storm.

Guggenheim’s X-Men Gold was not part of the Guide for Storm.
    that's wat that other user said but how is anyone to know that based upon the screenshot provided and I dont have Instagram
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-19-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Well, I feel the ability to create a tornado or cause a lightning strike while on the complete opposite side of the globe requires a severe degree of mental control.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Nice. I’d give Storm A 7 in the Energy Department. Since she is not manipulating Divine Energy.
    And I give some a 3 in durability. Any person that can survive getting slammed to the ground 10-15ft in the air and still move? Is slightly above Human.

Other than nice Stats
    Thanks! My ratings was based on the descriptions Marvel gave and a 7 in the energy department were reserved for cosmic beings like Galactus and the like. Storm's powerful, but is she really cosmic level? As for her durability, I took other characters into consideration too. Say if I gave Storm a 3 in durability, then I'd have to up Wolverine's to a 6(I have him at a 5). These are just personal opinions I have tho... just fanboy stuff lol.

that's wat that other user said but how is anyone to know that based upon the screenshot provided and I dont Instagram
    The post said first thing it was about Storm fans on Instagram. Why would you comment about it at all if you had no intention of reading?

Well, I feel the ability to create a tornado or cause a lightning strike while on the complete opposite side of the globe requires a severe degree of mental control.

Thanks! My ratings was based on the descriptions Marvel gave and a 7 in the energy department were reserved for cosmic beings like Galactus and the like. Storm's powerful, but is she really cosmic level? As for her durability, I took other characters into consideration too. Say if I gave Storm a 3 in durability, then I'd have to up Wolverine's to a 6(I have him at a 5). These are just personal opinions I have tho... just fanboy stuff lol.
    She is not there yet, but she will get there. She needs just a little bit more push, into her godhood and for her to accept it, finally, and say "Yes, I am a Goddess. I am the Hadari Yao."

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    She is not there yet, but she will get there. She needs just a little bit more push, into her godhood and for her to accept it, finally, and say "Yes, I am a Goddess. I am the Hadari Yao."
    exactly!! I'm really ready for her to embrace this aspect of her godhead. if this character in x of swords is in fact her ancestor maybe she will be the catalyst that causes her to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    The post said first thing it was about Storm fans on Instagram. Why would you comment about it at all if you had no intention of reading?
    I think I'm entitled to make a reply to a post on CBR regardless if I choose to make the effort of figuring out where on Instagram I would need to go to see the actual list the user referenced (in fact I did that and couldnt find the list because the platform allows you to only scroll so far when you are not on the platform). Also, if the link would have been provided in lieu of a screenshot I most certainly would have read the list. That said, please dont speak to my intentions as you are grossly mistaken. However, if you must know I thought the screenshot was provided for those of us who are not on Instagram which is why I commented on the image. The user clarified that the images were not the actual recommended reading list. It simply was a misunderstanding on my part which most certainly didnt need to be escalated to me "judging a book by its cover" or declarative statements on my intentions. Nevertheless, I hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Nevermind... I was checking Marvel's Official Database and those statistics look so unreal for her and her accomplishments. Emma has her statistics much, much higher... like how? No those statistics are definitely unreal:

DURABILITY: 2
    ENERGY: 5?
    FIGHTING SKILLS: 4?
    INTELLIGENCE: 2? For real...
    SPEED: 3... how...?
    STRENGTH: 3

From the above statistics I agree with Strength and Durability... but the rest... are they for real?

Even Iron Man has much higher statistics and he is using just a suit...
    The first X-Men trading card series first expanded the power grids to include more rounded categories. I always thought it was her intelligence and fighting ability that should have been bumped up.

XM1 014b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The series also classified and set the standard for Storm's powers as being mental rather than energy based.
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-20-2020 at 01:11 AM.