Page 331 of 613 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 9190

Still taking a break from commissions to do some fun sketches. they can be mentally draining.stormlornajean.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"A King must fall" shows a sword splitting T'Challa's helm.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think at 5'11", strong and thin build, Ororo should be somewhere at 145-150lbs. I'm 6', and I'm barely 160lbs. If Storm were supermodel skinny, she's be about 120lbs(like Anok Yai, who is 5'10"), so those old numbers weren't too far off.

yeah she's pretty and all but she's a supermodel they're supposed to be skinny. I think that's too skinny for a regular woman. I don't like seeing hip bones when someone is walking. Looks malnurished to me.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    yeah she's pretty and all but she's a supermodel they're supposed to be skinny. I think that's too skinny for a regular woman. I don't like seeing hip bones when someone is walking. Looks malnurished to me.
    I also think Ororo would have more meat on her bones. Anok is very skinny. But even if we look at real athletes, given Ororo's skillset, maybe we can compare her to martial artists, gymnasts, or swimmers, or even basketball players, 5'11" and 140-160lbs should be right on(which is 20-40lbs more than Anok on the same frame, which is more than enough for a little muscle and a little more hips/bust).

Look at Maya Moore, for example. She's 6' and about 174, and I think she's more built than Ororo usually is depicted as.

Kerri Walsh Jennings is several inches taller than Ororo at 6'3", has a similar build, and weighs about 156lbs.

At 5'9", Serena Williams is a little shorter than Ororo, built more powerfully than Ororo is typically depicted as, and weighs about 154.

serena_williams.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

is there any books storm will be appearing in tomorrow?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

3D0AB8FB-EA49-4AAF-AFAF-AF9186A898D3.jpg stom is African she should be strong and thicc lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    are these new action figures?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    are these new action figures?
    Yeah, they were just revealed today on a live-stream. It's going to be a Target exclusive apparently.

Yeah, they were just revealed today on a live-stream. It's going to be a Target exclusive apparently.
    ooop ooop!! I gonna have to get me one!!! thank you for sharing boo! I saw an image of it from a friend but thought it was an older toy.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ooop ooop!! I gonna have to get me one!!! thank you for sharing boo! I saw an image of it from a friend but thought it was an older toy.
    You're welcome! I'm going to pick one up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    3D0AB8FB-EA49-4AAF-AFAF-AF9186A898D3.jpg stom is African she should be strong and thicc lol
    Not all Africans have the same body type. I've always thought of Ororo as more Nilotic than Bantu.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Not all Africans have the same body type. I've always thought of Ororo as more Nilotic than Bantu.
    Funnily the weight never bothered me. As much as Claremont mentioned Storm's mutant metabolism i always imagined she has to eat ALOT of food. I mean if you think about it if she burns calories every time she cast lightning from within or uses weather from herself, she must really burn a lot of calories.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-21-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funnily the weight never bothered me. As much as Claremont mentioned Storm's mutant metabolism i always imagined she has to eat ALOT of food. I mean if you think about it if she burns calories every time she cast lightning from within or uses weather from herself, she must really burn a lot of calories.
    That's the opposite of what I think of in terms of her 'mutant metabolism'. I think her metabolism is much more efficient than normal people, and that she doesn't have to eat as much, because she can energize her body from the elemental energy of reality, not just food. I don't think her lightning bolts come from the energy of the food she consumes. I mean, there's not enough energy in food to do that. I think her mitochondria are just extra efficient at moving protons/electrons around so she can harness more energy than normal people. I think in theory she wouldn't have to eat at all, just live off the lifeforce of nature. She probably just eats to feel human.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    when did Claremont say this

You're welcome! I'm going to pick one up too.
    please share photos when you get it!!