Page 332 of 613 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 9190

Storm does not burn calories when she uses her powers, alot least not anything significant. Like she isnt losing weight just by hurling lightning bolts....lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funnily the weight never bothered me. As much as Claremont mentioned Storm's mutant metabolism i always imagined she has to eat ALOT of food. I mean if you think about it if she burns calories every time she cast lightning from within or uses weather from herself, she must really burn a lot of calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when did Claremont say this

please share photos when you get it!!
    I would like to know this too... Perhaps, it was in an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Not all Africans have the same body type. I've always thought of Ororo as more Nilotic than Bantu.
    Storm should be slim thick like Naomi Campbell lol. I noticed all the women y'all posted after Anok are unattractive smh lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm with Yogababe, on this one.
    It seems Elementals are usually (if not always) recharged by the source of their powers to which they're connected and upon which they draw.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Storm should be slim thick like Naomi Campbell lol. I noticed all the women y'all posted after Anok are unattractive smh lol
    Look, I just googled 'tall female athletes' so we could get a baseline on real world powerful women, in terms of height and weight. I know supermodels are usually extra thin and not very physically strong in most cases, so I wanted to look at powerful women to get real data. Their attractiveness was not the metric in consideration. And honestly, there have been a lot of rude comments made about bodies in this thread recently. Ororo would not be down for any of that, especially considering she lived on the streets when most people would be in elementary school, and brought rain to the famished as a teenager.

In regards to Naomi, the public data says she's about 5'9.5" and 128lbs(very close to Storm's classical height/weight of 5'11" and 127lbs). But honestly, Naomi is pretty skinny in her own right which is why I was looking at athletes not supermodels. I think her modern weight of 145 is close to perfect for an extra inch and a bit more muscle/bust/hips than what Naomi has.

Last edited by yogaflame; 07-22-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Unattractive?
    I mean...they're not plumped up with fillers and wearing 10 pounds and fifty layers of make-up, and their waists aren't snatched to mere inches but I would never call a naturally and physically fit, strong woman 'unattractive".
    But...to each their misguided own, I guess.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It seems Elementals are usually (if not always) recharged by the source of their powers to which they're connected and upon which they draw.
    I appreciate that Devaishwarva.

I remember somewhere in X-Treme X-Men, maybe even a couple times, Claremont explained how she could channel elemental energy into her body to give herself power. One time was in the Arena arc, where she was fighting those cage match mutants. I don't feel like looking for the panel right now, but it's out there.

I know Quicksilver and other such speedsters are often depicted as having huge appetites, but it's never been that case with Storm, and I don't think of her as having a 'thicc' bodytype. There's nothing wrong with such a body type, I just don't think Ororo has that body type*and the canon of art almost always depicts her as having as more tall and thin build. Yes, she should be bigger than supermodel skinny, but I don't think of her as thicc. She's more Nilotic(so is Anok, with South Sudanese ancestry) in her presentation, but she gets a little bit of the Bantu from her father, so she's not quite as thin as pure Nilotics.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That's the opposite of what I think of in terms of her 'mutant metabolism'. I think her metabolism is much more efficient than normal people, and that she doesn't have to eat as much, because she can energize her body from the elemental energy of reality, not just food. I don't think her lightning bolts come from the energy of the food she consumes. I mean, there's not enough energy in food to do that. I think her mitochondria are just extra efficient at moving protons/electrons around so she can harness more energy than normal people. I think in theory she wouldn't have to eat at all, just live off the lifeforce of nature. She probably just eats to feel human.
    I have to agree with this one. It seems like her powers sustain her even if she doesn't eat food, which means that she eats food only when she is really weak or, as mentioned to feel human. She is Elemental After all, if we are to judge by her future self.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree with you.

Look, I just googled 'tall female athletes' so we could get a baseline on real world powerful women, in terms of height and weight. I know supermodels are usually extra thin and not very physically strong in most cases, so I wanted to look at powerful women to get real data. Their attractiveness was not the metric in consideration. And honestly, there have been a lot of rude comments made about bodies in this thread recently. Ororo would not be down for any of that, especially considering she lived on the streets when most people would be in elementary school, and brought rain to the famished as a teenager.
    It is not about that, it is about that people look at them and they compare them to Storm, and I have to agree with most people, that the provided images for athletes doesn't match Ororo. Includding thin, slim models. Storm is neither of those two. If you want to see real body figure for Storm, then check Yetide Badaki. That there, is Storm real body:

EFLsvtrXoAUqgEa.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The above photo is more recent from the video over here:

Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-22-2020 at 06:22 AM.

I was reading Empyre: X-Men and the only good thing in it so far is that we see Scarlet Witch back and her using her Omega level magic to bring back all Genosha's Mutants, even though it backfires a bit and returns them as Mutant Zombies. It is a good issue, I recommend reading it, it is interesting. And I wonder where Hickman is going with it.

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

She brings back 16 million mutants as zombies. That quite the huge achievement.

That's the opposite of what I think of in terms of her 'mutant metabolism'. I think her metabolism is much more efficient than normal people, and that she doesn't have to eat as much, because she can energize her body from the elemental energy of reality, not just food. I don't think her lightning bolts come from the energy of the food she consumes. I mean, there's not enough energy in food to do that. I think her mitochondria are just extra efficient at moving protons/electrons around so she can harness more energy than normal people. I think in theory she wouldn't have to eat at all, just live off the lifeforce of nature. She probably just eats to feel human.
    I guess that makes sense. I just always thought of it as she is metabolising quickly when she uses her powers internally the same way a speedster would have to have a different sort of metabolism to not completely just die when running and burning off a 1000 calories potentially in a sprint. I just always felt that explained why a lot of mutants never got fat or their weight fluctuated or why big mutants were always big no matter what. Like the entirety of a mutants body conforms to their abilities.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I would like to know this too... Perhaps, it was in an interview?
    Not an interview or anything. IT has been mentioned many times about Storm using her mutant metabolism to process lightning and other things through her body so size never really mattered to me mentally or weight. Just what i imagined. Like i don't think Storm could get fat if she wanted to. Things like that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Storm was NOT in Empyre: Avengers it was Cover bait like some of us already KNEW.

Byrne drew her more voluptuous (like Yetide).
    Romita jr. drew her more athletic (like Naomi).
    Coipel drew her model-esque (like Anok).
    Yardin drew her Thicc (like Serena).

They are all correct and perfect even in their varied renditions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not an interview or anything. IT has been mentioned many times about Storm using her mutant metabolism to process lightning and other things through her body so size never really mattered to me mentally or weight. Just what i imagined. Like i don't think Storm could get fat if she wanted to. Things like that.
    do you have an issue number? I dont recall seeing that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm was NOT in Empyre: Avengers it was Cover bait like some of us already KNEW.
    And her headshot was removed from X-Men/FF despite being in the issue.