Page 339 of 613 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What's up with our girl falling in love or attracting characters that are associated with death? First It was Dracula, then T'Challa King of the Dead and now a horseman who is a God of Death.
    storm has a thing for strong deadly men lol

is anubis the god of death?

edit nvm: he is. so maybe not a horseman but the actual god of death. maybe the xmen are finally exploring her gift of godhead.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    People say that he is the Horseman of Death, but he looks like Anubis to me.
    Checkout the XoS Stasis 01 image: The Swordbearers
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What's up with our girl falling in love or attracting characters that are associated with death? First It was Dracula, then T'Challa King of the Dead and now a horseman who is a God of Death.
    Death and Life have always been intimate lovers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh so this not a horseman? anubis what is he the god of?

is anubis the god of death?
    Yes, Anubis is not a horseman, he is the literal God of Death (In Greek Mythology that is) and Mumification (For Egyptians and their Pantheon).

So yes, he is far too powerful to be just Horseman. He is God himself.

But for some reason, he resembles T'Challa as Black Panther a bit too much in this cover. Or at least his costume does. There might be something going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Yes, Anubis is not a horseman, he is the literal God of Death (In Greek Mythology that is) or at least not of death but Mumification (For Egyptians and their Pantheon).

So yes, he is far too powerful to be just Horseman. He is God himself.
    I'm so confused. maybe the horseman is wearing a mask that looks like head of anubis? the character appears as one of the horseman behind apocalypse. I would much prefer it be the actual god of death versus apocalypse horseman.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Anubis is the God of Death. The one on the cover is Death, Horseman of Apocalypse.

He may simply be a mutant who decides to dress as Anubis to represent death. Just like today someone would dress up as the Grim Reaper. Perhaps he was an Anubis priest. Maybe he's an Anubis avatar.

We cannot know.

BANNED

The Horseman of Death is NOT the actual God Anubis himself.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm so confused. maybe the horseman is wearing a mask that looks like head of anubis? the character appears as one of the horseman behind apocalypse. I would much prefer it be the actual god of death versus apocalypse horseman.
    Hasn't it been implied in the MU that the biblical four horsemen were inspired by Apocalypse's horsemen? Is it possible that the mythology of Anubis is based on this Horseman, which would make him a god of sorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Anubis is the God of Death. The one on the cover is Death, Horseman of Apocalypse.

He may simply be a mutant who decides to dress as Anubis to represent death. Just like today someone would dress up as the Grim Reaper. Perhaps he was an Anubis priest. Maybe he's an Anubis avatar.

We cannot know.
    Yeah, I saw the Stasis cover, so he is a Horseman but he is not Anubis... but clearly Storm will face him, even if just on the dance floor. It will be an interesting encounter for sure.

It doesn't get any clearer than this...
    XoS Sword Bearers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The Horseman of Death is NOT the actual God Anubis himself.
    Hey, The Sentry was a Horseman of Death and he can split gods in half.

Literally.

But yeah, he is not Anubis but he can have a connection with Anubis (or maybe he is just a cosplayer).

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Hasn't it been implied in the MU that the biblical four horsemen were inspired by Apocalypse's horsemen? Is it possible that the mythology of Anubis is based on this Horseman, which would make him a god of sorts?
    Nah, Anubis really exists, just like Thor.

We cannot know.
    gotcha. yea I would prefer the actual god of death but this does beg to question is he the being who corrupts storm mind resulting to her turning to opponent side?

Eight of Cups Meaning

Nah, Anubis really exists, just like Thor.
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that all of the gods are real in the MU. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    you know I will be so honest my knowledge of the marvel gods stink. lol however, I do believe ibrecsll either reading in uncanny or xmen or maybe xfactor saying that his actions throughout history resulted in humans faith in some degree or form. so you may bring on to something here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It doesn't get any clearer than this...
    XoS Sword Bearers.jpg
    And, all are loyal to Apocalypse.