Page 340 of 613 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that all of the gods are real in the MU. My bad.
    I just checked and Anubis has had very very few appearances but it is relatively normal, the Egyptian pantheon is very little explored in Marvel. As I said, if you are not Bast, Khonshu or Set, you hardly have any cameos.

I believe that the Masked Woman is an ancestor of Ororo, not Ororo. We know that she has a mystical lineage that dates back thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I just checked and Anubis has had very very few appearances but it is relatively normal, the Egyptian pantheon is very little explored in Marvel. As I said, if you are not Bast, Khonshu or Set, you hardly have any cameos.

I believe that the Masked Woman is an ancestor of Ororo, not Ororo. We know that she has a mystical lineage that dates back thousands of years.
    Yeah but the Eight of Cup actually resembles abandonment, also emotional fulfilment and wholeness are lacking. There is more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    gotcha. yea I would prefer the actual god of death but this does beg to question is he the being who corrupts storm mind resulting to her turning to opponent side?
    There better not be any mind-control/brainwashing involved. Duggan is teasing some epic Storm moments in X of Swords, but if 'Ro spends the entire event as a puppet working the villains I will be so disappointed.

There better not be any mind-control/brainwashing involved. Duggan is teasing some epic Storm moments in X of Swords, but if 'Ro spends the entire event as a puppet working the villains I will be so disappointed.
    I totally agree with you. But he confirmed if I am not mistaken that she will not stay unconscious, most likely she will not be mind controlled either...

BANNED

yeah thats not storm, first ororo isnt being abandoned by anyone, thats the whole point of the giant size issue that cuts her from the cards description, she also doesnt really fit any of the elements of the card.
    the way the mystery woman is presented in the card, the blue apocalypse esque is presented as a light side, something good with a dove and a wolf, but it becomes dark and corrupted as the animals die and the flowers grow black and thorny, this implies a transformation trough time and corruption, the abandonment clearly by apocalypse as his people struggle to protect arrako agaist the threat and become corrupted by it.
    if ororo becomes affected by the virus, that wouldnt be a good thing, that would be the corruption.

and her visual design on the cover shares elements with the horsemen, like how a clan would dress together with the same pitch black oily skin, clawed hands and covered faces, so whatever conection, but they are related.

and second, they wouldnt reveal the plot twist right at the first chapter of the story, because giant size storm is released right as excalibur 12 does, on the same day, so if we saw her with that apearence, the story would be immediatly spoiled, ororo even seeks out a sword to wield for krakoa and theres a clear 10 vs 10 element going here betwen the two set of swordsman.
    so I can say, that with this cover of a playfull dance betwen ororo and death, that she is not the woman that is redacted.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-24-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Yeah but the Eight of Cup actually resembles abandonment, also emotional fulfilment and wholeness are lacking. There is more to it.
    I just checked Eight of Cup Upright: Disappointment, abandonment, withdrawal, escapism.

I think Apocalypse left Ororo's ancestor in Arakko's charge and promised to return to rescue them.

After thousands of years, they feel abandoned by their master and have decided to rebel against him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I 100% agree to this. Reading on the tarot cards mraning and seeing her dancing with his horseman does have me a bit concerned that there will be some mind control/brain washing of some sort. I dont like it one bit.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I 100% agree to this. Reading on the tarot cards mraning and seeing her dancing with his horseman does have me a bit concerned that there will be some mind control/brain washing of some sort. I dont like it one bit.
    but the tarot card speaks of abandonment and disapointment, where is ororo being abandoned, quite the contrary she has people rallying around her to protect her and save her.
    this mystery woman is already related to these horseman, she has the same physical atributes that showcasse a level of corruption, its like 96 % not ororo

I just checked and...

Ororo has an ancestor who was a sorceress, Egyptian and used something similar to the tarot.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ashak...an)_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    but the tarot card speaks of abandonment and disapointment, where is ororo being abandoned, quite the contrary she has people rallying around her to protect her and save her.
    this mystery woman is already related to these horseman, she has the same physical atributes that showcasse a level of corruption, its like 96 % not ororo
    It's all speculation at this point and we dont know but maybe something happens in the future that leaves her feeling this way in regards to Krakoa.Maybe there is some resentment from her body being implanted with the virus that either results in her death or near death and the horseman plays upon this and resentment of Xavier many years ago in convincing her to join the xmen. The fact that she is dancing with his horseman and that the name of that horseman is interesting and does seem to indicate it could be storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I just checked and...

Ororo has an ancestor who was a sorceress, Egyptian and used something similar to the tarot.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ashak...an)_(Earth-616)
    your link isnt working but Ashake most definitely is also a likely candidate for the mysterious character on the right of cups tarot card.

BANNED

It's all speculation at this point and we dont know but maybe something happens in the future that leaves her feeling this way in regards to Krakoa.Maybe there is some resentment from her body being implanted with the virus that either results in her death or near death and the horseman plays upon this and resentment of Xavier many years ago in convincing her to join the xmen. The fact that she is dancing with his horseman and that the name of that horseman is interesting and does seem to indicate it could be storm.
    but like, why would she be standing with them in stasis and then be "seduced" in a chapter after, it makes very little sense to me.

A huge storyline that Storm in some way is hopefully a significant part of? It sounds too good to be true, I wonder if her giant size issue being pushed far back and closer to X of swords is not a coincidence.

BANNED

however, its nice to have stuff, concrete stuff to speculate about.
    These two women are 100 % related, but they wouldny show this transformation on the free issue and then say that her name is redacted if it was storm, because her giant size issue is right as the first chapter releases, spoiling her identity right away for a woman who hasnt even been to arrako leading the two horsemen and the arrakoans?
    I sincerelly doubt it.

Wow you can tell Storm is Dautermann's favorite character. The amount of covers he's drawn of her is astronomical