Page 344 of 613 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No one has a problem with them working together and that's basically all they did through Coate's run so his argument still stands. There has NEVER been a book where Storm and Tchalla were equally billed. not even by coates. All he did was guest appearances no different than BP teaming up with Thor except a bit more intimate. When there is a BP and Storm book or a Storm and BP book where both are billed as lead then and only then can we find out if Claremont was wrong.
    I dont think its realistic to expect Storm to have equal billing in a book that is entitled black panther. She doesn't even get equal billing in the xbooks but you cant blame that on Coates and her inclusion in black panther. in fact, her tenure in black panther has seen her receive development she has not had within the xbook since Claremont frankly, including her being established to a community of black people outside of being a mutant, or xmen, as well of course as the goddess/hadari yao storyline. For her not to have equal billing in his book and yet get the development she has simply is proof of the alternative point Claremont was trying to make.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-25-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So you guys remember when Jordan D. White was asked what to expect from storm in the new future and he said something along the lines of "couple." I really really hope the xoffices are not going to break up Ororo from Tchalla AGAIN! Seriously over that ish.

[https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/25/x-...ine-interview/
    Well you know how I feel about their relationship so it doesn't bother me. As long as T'Challa isn't out here simping and Storm isn't cheating then everything's fine imo. But since T'Challa is supposed to appear in the issue right before Death's I think we'll eventually see where everyone stands. It could possibly be a fakeout.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Well you know how I feel about their relationship so it doesn't bother me. As long as T'Challa isn't out here simping and Storm isn't cheating then everything's fine imo. But since T'Challa is supposed to appear in the issue right before Death's I think we'll eventually see where everyone stands. It could possibly be a fakeout.
    I think it is. it would really leave a sour taste in my mouth with what all Coates has done to repair that mess that was AvX that they would pull that stunt again. For their expressed love outside the xbooks I cant imagine what stunt they would try (if that was their intent) to break them up again.

And yes I know you would prefer them to be separate lol but by the goddess I hope it's jordan trolling again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I think it is. it would really leave a sour taste in my mouth with what all Coates has done to repair that mess that was AvX that they would pull that stunt again. For their expressed love outside the xbooks I cant imagine what stunt they would try (if that was their intent) to break them up again.

And yes I know you would prefer them to be separate lol but by the goddess I hope it's jordan trolling again.
    Possibly. The way I look at it Coates was the only one really willing to play ball with the Storm-BP romance. It's hardly mentioned in the X-books and the sales on his recent run have been so atrocious that it's really not gonna matter much to either character long term.

I'm sure Marvel is happy to have some more material with them together in the off chance they adapt Coates' stories in another medium, but other than that I think he told the story he wanted to. With him gone and Hickman's X-Men chugging along with their own storylines, I think an amicable separation is ideal (and logical) for both characters.

Marauders 13 is gonna have a lot of explaining to do though, because if the plan is to break them up in that single issue things could get crazy. But the chances of this being a fakeout are high so have hope lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-25-2020 at 04:13 PM.

I dont think its realistic to expect Storm to have equal billing in a book that is entitled black panther. She doesn't even get equal billing in the xbooks but you cant blame that on Coates and her inclusion in black panther. in fact, her tenure in black panther has seen her receive development she has not had within the xbook since Claremont frankly, including her being established to a community of black people outside of being a mutant, or xmen, as well of course as the goddess/hadari yao storyline. For her not to have equal billing in his book and yet get the development she has simply is proof of the alternative point Claremont was trying to make.

Exactly the point i don't have a problem with it. Claremont is and was right. They have not had a book together yet. I'm not blaming anyone its just a fact. She was a guest star in Black Panther's book and that's all her wedding amounted to in terms of title. She got to be in BP's books. Cool. Claremont still right though, and it still hasn't even been attempted let alone done successfully.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly the point i don't have a problem with it. Claremont is and was right. They have not had a book together yet. I'm not blaming anyone its just a fact. She was a guest star in Black Panther's book and that's all her wedding amounted to in terms of title. She got to be in BP's books. Cool. Claremont still right though, and it still hasn't even been attempted let alone done successfully.
    well I dont think one can make an argument they cant work if a book where they both get equal billing has not been made. hudlin didn't necessarily do a good job in his characterization of Ororo but Coates has been praised for how he wrote them and rumors swirled he would get a solo for his handling of Ororo despite her not being in a book where she was receiving equal billing.

I would love to know what Clsremont thinks of Costes depiction of their relationship.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-25-2020 at 04:32 PM.

My shrine to our Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by aaronchase View Post
    My shrine to our Goddess

omg b!tch!!!!!!! I'm stanning and you are my favorite person!!!! I'm so jealous and happy at the same time!!!!! thank you for beautiful shrine to the all-goddess its absolutely divine!!!!!!!

It seems like there are two oppositions here for Storm's romance, for BP and Storm and against them... me personally, I think that building for both characters' achievable if BP loses his throne (for example Shuri takes it over) and he permanently joins the Avengers, and if Storm moves to the Avengers because of him, then they will have buildings.

Now, I do understand that most people are all about Storm must be part of the X-Men, but let us be realistic, if she is stuck with only one team, she will never grow and expand as she should. I am all for her switching teams between Avengers, Fantastic Four and even Guardians of the Galaxy. The more she expands the better, the more powerful she will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It seems like there are two oppositions here for Storm's romance, for BP and Storm and against them... me personally, I think that building for both characters' achievable if BP loses his throne (for example Shuri takes it over) and he permanently joins the Avengers, and if Storm moves to the Avengers because of him, then they will have buildings.

Now, I do understand that most people are all about Storm must be part of the X-Men, but let us be realistic, if she is stuck with only one team, she will never grow and expand as she should. I am all for her switching teams between Avengers, Fantastic Four and even Guardians of the Galaxy. The more she expands the better, the more powerful she will grow.

I tend to not care too much at the whole romance aspect within the X-books, but when Claremont teased the Wolverine/Storm pairing in his last X-Men run, it felt more like a natural progression of their close friendship than any of her relationships to date. when they actually did hook up, it happened at a bad time for both characters. Storm using Logan as a rebound after getting dumped and Marvel putting them together when it was already known they were about to kill Logan off months in advance. Kinda made you think what was the point. Anywho, if Marvel does decide to break up Storm and Black Panther(again), I say let her be single for a while and explore other aspects about her. Or if not I say give her and Bishop a shot, which was also teased way back when... or even wilder, let her date a normal citizen who's not super powered or anything. Wonder Woman has Steve Trevor, why can't Storm date ol' honorable Dave who runs a rec center and looks out for all the neighborhood kids lol.

Anyway, I drew another pic of Stormy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I tend to not care too much at the whole romance aspect within the X-books, but when Claremont teased the Wolverine/Storm pairing in his last X-Men run, it felt more like a natural progression of their close friendship than any of her relationships to date. when they actually did hook up, it happened at a bad time for both characters. Storm using Logan as a rebound after getting dumped and Marvel putting them together when it was already known they were about to kill Logan off months in advance. Kinda made you think what was the point. Anywho, if Marvel does decide to break up Storm and Black Panther(again), I say let her be single for a while and explore other aspects about her. Or if not I say give her and Bishop a shot, which was also teased way back when... or even wilder, let her date a normal citizen who's not super powered or anything. Wonder Woman has Steve Trevor, why can't Storm date ol' honorable Dave who runs a rec center and looks out for all the neighborhood kids lol.

Anyway, I drew another pic of Stormy...

That is an amazing art.

I don't know about the rest, I wasn't a fan of Storm and Wolverine romance. I believe she should do better, that my personal opinion of course. On the other hand I love Storm and Black Panther, he is the one who made her a Goddess, something which even Xavier couldn't give her and told her she is not. I don't know about Bishop and Storm, they don't seem fitting with their characters... with him traveling through time and space all the time, I highly doubt they will have time for themselves.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-26-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There are enough relationship shenanigans going on already...I wouldn't mind at all if Storm stays clear of such goings on and the writers focus on developing her powers and history.
    Not everybody has to be in a soap opera emotional entanglement.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

Ironically its when Marvel started doing this with her is when she went downhill as a character and hasnt quite recovered

Quote Originally Posted by aaronchase View Post
    My shrine to our Goddess

I AM JEALOUS. Lord if I'm about to pass out.