Page 346 of 613 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 9190
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Anubis has me going yum. this doesn't sit right with me. Am i weird or they deliberately made him sexy?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I tend to not care too much at the whole romance aspect within the X-books, but when Claremont teased the Wolverine/Storm pairing in his last X-Men run, it felt more like a natural progression of their close friendship than any of her relationships to date. when they actually did hook up, it happened at a bad time for both characters. Storm using Logan as a rebound after getting dumped and Marvel putting them together when it was already known they were about to kill Logan off months in advance. Kinda made you think what was the point. Anywho, if Marvel does decide to break up Storm and Black Panther(again), I say let her be single for a while and explore other aspects about her. Or if not I say give her and Bishop a shot, which was also teased way back when... or even wilder, let her date a normal citizen who's not super powered or anything. Wonder Woman has Steve Trevor, why can't Storm date ol' honorable Dave who runs a rec center and looks out for all the neighborhood kids lol.

Anyway, I drew another pic of Stormy...
    nice pic sir!!! you're really talented!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As someone who loathed T'challa before...I don't really care anymore, long as its well written they can put her with a tree for all I care.

I need feats and great storylines for her.
    It's what she deserves.

I need some feats too I'm over lightning lass and want to see why she is classified as an omega in the world of Hickman because as of right now I cant tell (aside from resisting mental probes from an omega level telepath and an immensely strong telepath).

Niffleheim

I love T'Challa but my love for both is tested when they are together because as a general rule i hate romance in my comic. I don't mind 'Ro having a himbo on the side as accessory but i don't want a love story. With comic books in general I had to learn not to care about love interests for my favorite characters because they have always been irrelevant but it was a feat a half having to endure your other favorite being one.

I will FOREVER ride for Tchalla. He believed in her ability to ascend to something more when EVERYONE around her told her the opposite. His love for her was the one thing that kept him grounded in his actual life allowing him to ultimately defeat an imperialist Walandan galatic empire. He and her are at their most vulnerable and safest with each other. They can connect and talk about a host of issues none of her other suitors could ever do. Lastly, they are the premiere black couple of Marvel and this is important in the era of BLM for all people, but most importantly, black people to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Anubis has me going yum. this doesn't sit right with me. Am i weird or they deliberately made him sexy?
    Well, don't misintercept the Egyptian Gods just because they are represented with animal heads. Actually, the Egyptian Gods are a few of the most beautiful creatures back in their time. Think on them as Rome's and Greece's Pantheon. They are gods, and they are actually very attractive, if they remove their helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Still in the camp unknown. I prefer hiring an actress which is fresh and is natural in this role.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I will FOREVER ride for Tchalla. He believed in her ability to ascend to something more when EVERYONE around her told her the opposite. His love for her was the one thing that kept him grounded in his actual life allowing him to ultimately defeat an imperialist Walandan galatic empire. He and her are at their most vulnerable and safest with each other. They can connect and talk about a host of issues none of her other suitors could ever do. Lastly, they are the premiere black couple of Marvel and this is important in the era of BLM for all people, but most importantly, black people to see.

For some black people. I'm black and i would love to see a black couple on screen and elsewhere, but not this one. But the sentiment i definitely get.

For me i think the world needs a movie with a strong female standing on her own and commanding attention than the world needs a black supercouple in movies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Well, don't misintercept the Egyptian Gods just because they are represented with animal heads. Actually, the Egyptian Gods are a few of the most beautiful creatures back in their time. Think on them as Rome's and Greece's Pantheon. They are gods, and they are actually very attractive, if they remove their helmets.

Still in the camp unknown. I prefer hiring an actress which is fresh and is natural in this role.
    I would like that too but Disney especially with these larger roles have more often been going with well known actors. they are going to have to really get this right because I can see the fans of hers making it very clear of their disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    For some black people. I'm black and i would love to see a black couple on screen and elsewhere, but not this one. But the sentiment i definitely get.

For me i think the world needs a movie with a strong female standing on her own and commanding attention than the world needs a black supercouple in movies.

I'm not sure why you cant have both. Wonder Woman as powerful and independent as she was in her movie had a love interest. But I'm speaking specifically to the comics and not necessarily to the big screen. I dont imagine her and tchalla being a thing especially since nakia is his main squeeze.

That is the problem with Storm/BP, though. Their relationship always happens in his books. She becomes subordinate to his story. It's happened over and over. If Storm had her own solo book, lead an X-Men team, and was guest starring in BP's book(and/or an Avengers team with them as leads), and their relationship was sprinkled across all those sectors, so be it, but when Storm goes from leading X-Men books to being a supporting character in BP's book, the power balance is lost and Ororo suffers(she still hasn't recovered since, all these years later). It looks like the X-line is finally raising her profile again*remains to be seen, but the optics are promising, but it's been a tough recovery from her position 20 years ago. And as nice as some of the few moments in Coates's BP have been for Ororo, they are ALL in service of BP/Wakanda.

Wonder Woman is interesting and has a rich history with Steve going back to her original presentation in the comics, and is something that has been integral to her story over decades, with several reinventions and new angles being explored. In the film version, I actually thought Steve became too central to her narrative, and he was actually the more important and reasoned character in terms of the film's arc. I didn't like that about the film, but Chris Pine is so handsome and charming, audiences loved it anyways(even I did to some extent). That is an unfortunate reoccurring theme in our western, patriarchal culture, and even with supposed feminist icons like WW or Storm, they are nearly impossible to escape completely(Diana's usually a notch below Superman and Batman, if we are being sincere, and of course Ororo has had to deal with Charles, Scott, and Logan in X-Men land).

It's also interesting that both Diana and Ororo have queer angles that are often overlooked or even despised by some of their fandoms. It's particularly ridiculous in Diana's case as she is from an island of all women who excel at all things physical, intellectual, and spiritual, but somehow Diana isn't a lesbian, or at least predominately female-attracted bisexual. In Ororo's case, her relationship with Yukio is another sticking point for some.

In any case, I think Ororo is best off without T'Challa. They have spent the vast majority of their publication history in very different spheres and have many other developed relationships, both romantic and otherwise. I would hate for Ororo to be T'Challa's "Mera", or "Steve Trevor", or "Lois Lane". And similarly, BP fans would hate to see him be her sidepiece. They were not conceived of as equal partners from the beginning, and all the attempts to bring them together have been short-lived and of mixed reception. They make for a great couple in alternate universes(that Earth X story, or rather Alex Ross's art, made a strong impression), but in terms of the active main universe(be it in comics, film, or animation), they work far better apart.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-27-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Niffleheim

Taking WW as an example when she was coupled with Supes they had their own ongoing. Steve serves her story but Supes didn't. But then again if we view it outside of our own fandom then I can understand why the X-Office and most of Marvel editorial see her as a supporting character i don't like it but hopefully things change

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That is the problem with Storm/BP, though. Their relationship always happens in his books. She becomes subordinate to his story. It's happened over and over. If Storm had her own solo book, lead an X-Men team, and was guest starring in BP's book(and/or an Avengers team with them as leads), and their relationship was sprinkled across all those sectors, so be it, but when Storm goes from leading X-Men books to being a supporting character in BP's book, the power balance is lost and Ororo suffers(she still hasn't recovered since, all these years later). It looks like the X-line is finally raising her profile again*remains to be seen, but the optics are promising, but it's been a tough recovery from her position 20 years ago. And as nice as some of the few moments in Coates's BP have been for Ororo, they are ALL in service of BP/Wakanda.

Wonder Woman is interesting and has a rich history with Steve going back to her original presentation in the comics, and is something that has been integral to her story over decades, with several reinventions and new angles being explored. In the film version, I actually thought Steve became too central to her narrative, and he was actually the more important and reasoned character in terms of the film's arc. I didn't like that about the film, but Chris Pine is so handsome and charming, audiences loved it anyways(even I did to some extent). That is an unfortunate reoccurring theme in our western, patriarchal culture, and even with supposed feminist icons like WW or Storm, they are nearly impossible to escape completely(Diana's usually a notch below Superman and Batman, if we are being sincere, and of course Ororo has had to deal with Charles, Scott, and Logan in X-Men land).

It's also interesting that both Diana and Ororo have queer angles that are often overlooked or even despised by some of their fandoms. It's particularly ridiculous in Diana's case as she is from an island of all women who excel at all things physical, intellectual, and spiritual, but somehow Diana isn't a lesbian, or at least predominately female-attracted bisexual. In Ororo's case, her relationship with Yukio is another sticking point for some.

In any case, I think Ororo is best off without T'Challa. They have spent the vast majority of their publication history in very different spheres and have many other developed relationships, both romantic and otherwise. I would hate for Ororo to be T'Challa's "Mera", or "Steve Trevor", or "Lois Lane". And similarly, BP fans would hate to see him be her sidepiece. They were not conceived of as equal partners from the beginning, and all the attempts to bring them together have been short-lived and of mixed reception. They make for a great couple in alternate universes(that Earth X story, or rather Alex Ross's art, made a strong impression), but in terms of the active main universe(be it in comics, film, or animation), they work far better apart.
    I Agree 100%. Yogaflame gets it.

Ororo/T’Challa is a NO! For Us.

I honestly would have loved it if Marvel released an X-book set in Wakanda with Vita as writer. Wakanda and mutant issues always seem to be separate but there is a unique opportunity to tackle it. I would have Gentle as a lead and create some new Wakandan mutants for him to mix it up with. Storm and BP would be heavy supporting characters and this would bridge the gap between his solo and the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

1. I dont believe that to be true. Xmen WAP I believe was an xmen book. Xmen Red gently (very gently) touched on it, Uncanny Xmen touched upon how important Ororo was to Tchalla, Hunt for Wolverine alluded to it. There is also Mauraders 13 that seems likely it will talk to it in some form. Also, from what I could research Xtreme ending was editorials decision. at the xoffices. It wasnt due to him not being able to write Storm anymore which I'm not even certain is true considering Storm appeared in Astonishing Xmen: Xenogenesis and the regular run. The reality is the xoffices at that time had a vision for the company that didnt include her calling the shots. I will agree with you that the focus on her development should be coming from her offices so its encouraging to see this potentially finally happening.

2. I agree with your second points. I dont think a woman or her role within a story should hinge around another man or woman or whatever is her flavor. That said, I dont think showing an aspect of human emotion which, for some, is to share love with another person outside of themself no matter how independent they are is a bad thing.

3. I have my reasons for not liking the queer angle when it comes to Ororo (mostly around the assault I see on the idea of the family) but as to not dig too deep into it I think it goes into the idea that everyone wants her to be everything. There are not any real prominent black females in marvel so I get it but I dont believe the endgame should be that she embodies everything people would like to see in her. The yukio thing for me is something that never was a confirmed thing and even if you consider that the comics had to be more subtle then, what is the excuse now? It's not to say she will never be confirmed bisexual but after nearly 40 something years I think it would have been made obviously clear if that was the direction the powers that be wanted. Moreover, there are so many more LGBTQ characters that are not being developed so why not give them visibility? What I find more interesting is that those who want to see her not defined by a man are quick to want her to be defined by her sexuality as it relates to her supposed bisexuality.

4. Hmm they may have spent a majority of their publication in different spheres but the time that have spent in the same sphere has impacted them both in a way I think would be foolish both from a monetary and cultural perspective for marvel to ignore. Based upon the resounding request that Ororo appear in BP2 because of their shared past is a clear indication that for some they work better together and I am obviously in that camp as well.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-27-2020 at 06:31 PM.