Page 352 of 613 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    normal views such as what?
    Long term relationships. Monogamy. There is a lot out there for a new god to discover. Why shackle down with anyone.

Also been a bit so storm drawing.
    IMG_20200731_185505~2.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Long term relationships. Monogamy. There is a lot out there for a new god to discover. Why shackle down with anyone.

Also been a bit so storm drawing.
    IMG_20200731_185505~2.jpg
    I think in the context gods and goddesses though the normal thing would actually be non-monogamous interactions. take for instance Greek mythology.

and your storm pic looks really good!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

my bad I need to do better about citing issues. its xmen (91) issue 98.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Thank you!
    of course beloved anytime
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

A long term romance(s) has drawbacks and benefits like anything in comics. On one hand it could help drive a character's popularity by connecting them with other characters. In terms of ensembles this is especially useful because it basically lets you double up on relevance ala Gambit and Rogue. For all the fuckery it's caused, the Scott-Jean-Emma love triangle has done nothing but increase their importance and fire up their fanbases. Storm stands to benefit a lot from having a high profile X-Man in her life.

The drawback is that it could end up reducing her character and being used to prop up her lover. A great example is Polaris and Havok, where the former is often minimized or used as a tool for the latter's development. But seeing how Storm is an A-list X-Men herself, I don't see that happening.

So yea, I don't want Marvel to make it a priority but editorial should be looking for ways to make Storm relevant and a high profile romance is a legitimate option if done correctly. Death is an interesting prospect because presumably he's ancient and (hopefully) black while being able to possibly tie into her mystic AND mutant background. He's a better option than T'Challa, who has multiple viable women from his own franchise.

yes agreed to all of this.

though I don't agree your post put me in the mind of this:

One day Storm will evolve in to her elemental form and i will do my dance of joy.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A long term romance(s) has drawbacks and benefits like anything in comics. On one hand it could help drive a character's popularity by connecting them with other characters. In terms of ensembles this is especially useful because it basically lets you double up on relevance ala Gambit and Rogue. For all the fuckery it's caused, the Scott-Jean-Emma love triangle has done nothing but increase their importance and fire up their fanbases. Storm stands to benefit a lot from having a high profile X-Man in her life.

The drawback is that it could end up reducing her character and being used to prop up her lover. A great example is Polaris and Havok, where the former is often minimized or used as a tool for the latter's development. But seeing how Storm is an A-list X-Men herself, I don't see that happening.

So yea, I don't want Marvel to make it a priority but editorial should be looking for ways to make Storm relevant and a high profile romance is a legitimate option if done correctly. Death is an interesting prospect because presumably he's ancient and (hopefully) black while being able to possibly tie into her mystic AND mutant background. He's a better option than T'Challa, who has multiple viable women from his own franchise.
    Well, personally, I feel like not too many people are checking for Nakia, Okoye, Zenzi, Zanda , Malaika, Monica Lynne or any of the other women that have been in Black Panther's franchise. Some of those female characters are cool, but for me, in comparison to Storm, they don't really bring anything to the table like she does. They don't bring that heat. They don't bring the fire. They don't bring that feeling that, if someone were to try and invade Wakanda while Black Panther was away, that the Queen of Wakanda just snatched all our wigs without even trying. If Storm was Queen of Wakanda, she'd be snatching the wigs of invaders who didn't even wear wigs. She'd put wigs on the bald invaders, then snatch those wigs just to do it.

For the life of me, I cannot think of another woman in all of Marvel that would be more of a perfect fit for Black Panther than Storm.

I feel like that Marvel just keeps messing up with Storm and Black Panther for various reasons.

Here we have Storm, the world's most dangerous mutant, and Black Panther, the world's must dangerous human. Combine them as King and Queen of Wakanda, puts Wakanda on the map and keeps it on the map. You'd have a powerful queen and powerful king kicking butt and taking names all day, every day of the week. The stories with them together would not have to be boring at all, the stories would just need consistent superb writing as much as humanly possible along with some breath-taking artwork. It would also require professional attitudes from writers, artists and editors and everyone else involved in the creative process.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-01-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, personally, I feel like not too many people are checking for Nakia, Okoye, Zenzi, Zanda , Malaika, Monica Lynne or any of the other women that have been in Black Panther's franchise. Some of those female characters are cool, but for me, in comparison to Storm, they don't really bring anything to the table like she does. They don't bring that heat. They don't bring the fire. They don't bring that feeling that, if someone were to try and invade Wakanda while Black Panther was away, that the Queen of Wakanda just snatched all our wigs without even trying. If Storm was Queen of Wakanda, she'd be snatching the wigs of invaders who didn't even wear wigs. She'd put wigs on the bald invaders, then snatch those wigs just to do it.

For the life of me, I cannot think of another woman in all of Marvel that would be more of a perfect fit for Black Panther than Storm.

I feel like that Marvel just keeps messing up with Storm and Black Panther for various reasons.

Here we have Storm, the world's most dangerous mutant, and Black Panther, the world's must dangerous human. Combine them as King and Queen of Wakanda, puts Wakanda on the map and keeps it on the map. You'd have a powerful queen and powerful king kicking butt and taking names all day, every day of the week. The stories with them together would not have to be boring at all, the stories would just need consistent superb writing as much as humanly possible along with some breath-taking artwork. It would also require professional attitudes from writers, artists and editors and everyone else involved in the creative process.
    lmao @ putting wigs on bald people just to snatch them off. lol. I think the only way BP can truly work is we test butterflykyss theory and see if Claremont is right or wrong for real. She and he need a solo going at the same time for each of them AND a book where they are both main characters. It's the only way they are going to work imo being that they aren't on the same team like Reed or Sue or in the same franchise like Scott and Jean.

Personally i will never forget certain moments when Tchalla put how he looked above Ororo's powers or levels and that is a community thing. Black men do not write the best black women in my opinion and it's something we need to work on. They are always viewed through a lense of support and to me it was on full display throughout hudlin's run. I wouldn't like my sisters dating someone the way BP was written under hudlin, i truly would not. A woman who has to be less than just to make her man feel more than. I would have gladly let Storm wipe the floor with doom and others and brought her a drink. But Tchalla had to be machismo for the sake of it rather than show true strength in a way a husband should.

I will also never forget him not following after his wife when she got up and left the Avengers meeting. I know it's debatable but in my honest opinion storm did the honorable thing by not listening to their phoenix plans because she knew where her allegiance lay. But this woman who literally went to hell and fought powerful beings to bring her husband back never got the same respect and support and no amount of your a goddess is going to replace those things. I don't blame Tchalla though because his words often didn't jive with his actions i blame the writers.

He didn't choose storm in doom war, he didn't choose storm in the phoenix thing. He just never really has chosen storm and yes i know a king has responsibilities but so does Storm, her people are and were being hunted to extinction and if a king has obligations surely a goddess has more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think in the context gods and goddesses though the normal thing would actually be non-monogamous interactions. take for instance Greek mythology.

and your storm pic looks really good!
    Thanks appreciate it.

Exactly Storm needs no man. Let her have little demi gods over time and live her life to the fullest. She should be an immortal being now. It's time for her to start exploring the world of gods. New Celestial Olympus, The Celestials, i feel like we need a life or death journey but this time through godhood. Surely many should be trying to aquire the newest goddess for their pantheon. especially one of her power levels.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    One day Storm will evolve in to her elemental form and i will do my dance of joy.
    Yeah, same here.

Astonishing Member

It’s a matter of perspective. Storm brings the power couple dynamic but is she a sustainable love interest that can be fully used as the Mera to T’Challa’s Aquaman? If not then she doesn’t bring as much to the table as a revamped Monica Lynne or Princess Zanda.

Storm-BP will imo always be ideal, but their being controlled by separate offices makes a long term relationship impossible. T’Challa could potentially have his wife taken from him at any given moment and Storm’s relationship with her husband could be used to minimize her role in the X-Men.

For all the star power generated by her romance with T’Challa, couples like Peter and MJ and even Scott and Jean are far more popular and relevant because they could be carefully developed over decades. Storm and BP won’t get that due to editorial constraints so rather than hoping those constraints are lifted, it makes far more sense to advocate for better romance options in their home franchises.

If T’Challa needs a goddess-like warrior woman at his side, make Zanda an omega-level Nuhuman and keep her firmly under the Avengers office. If Storm needs a badass warrior with ancient roots and ties to mysticism have her link up with the original Horseman of Death. They can stay friends and even hookup every now and then but I think being eternal lovers won’t let them reach their full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lmao @ putting wigs on bald people just to snatch them off. lol. I think the only way BP can truly work is we test butterflykyss theory and see if Claremont is right or wrong for real. She and he need a solo going at the same time for each of them AND a book where they are both main characters. It's the only way they are going to work imo being that they aren't on the same team like Reed or Sue or in the same franchise like Scott and Jean.

Personally i will never forget certain moments when Tchalla put how he looked above Ororo's powers or levels and that is a community thing. Black men do not write the best black women in my opinion and it's something we need to work on. They are always viewed through a lense of support and to me it was on full display throughout hudlin's run. I wouldn't like my sisters dating someone the way BP was written under hudlin, i truly would not. A woman who has to be less than just to make her man feel more than. I would have gladly let Storm wipe the floor with doom and others and brought her a drink. But Tchalla had to be machismo for the sake of it rather than show true strength in a way a husband should.

I will also never forget him not following after his wife when she got up and left the Avengers meeting. I know it's debatable but in my honest opinion storm did the honorable thing by not listening to their phoenix plans because she knew where her allegiance lay. But this woman who literally went to hell and fought powerful beings to bring her husband back never got the same respect and support and no amount of your a goddess is going to replace those things. I don't blame Tchalla though because his words often didn't jive with his actions i blame the writers.

He didn't choose storm in doom war, he didn't choose storm in the phoenix thing. He just never really has chosen storm and yes i know a king has responsibilities but so does Storm, her people are and were being hunted to extinction and if a king has obligations surely a goddess has more.
    Yeah, some of the writing for Storm and Black Panther has been problematic over the years, with them being written out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s a matter of perspective. Storm brings the power couple dynamic but is she a sustainable love interest that can be fully used as the Mera to T’Challa’s Aquaman? If not then she doesn’t bring as much to the table as a revamped Monica Lynne or Princess Zanda.

Storm-BP will imo always be ideal, but their being controlled by separate offices makes a long term relationship impossible. T’Challa could potentially have his wife taken from him at any given moment and Storm’s relationship with her husband could be used to minimize her role in the X-Men.

For all the star power generated by her romance with T’Challa, couples like Peter and MJ and even Scott and Jean are far more popular and relevant because they could be carefully developed over decades. Storm and BP won’t get that due to editorial constraints so rather than hoping those constraints are lifted, it makes far more sense to advocate for better romance options in their home franchises.

If T’Challa needs a goddess-like warrior woman at his side, make Zanda an omega-level Nuhuman and keep her firmly under the Avengers office. If Storm needs a badass warrior with ancient roots and ties to mysticism have her link up with the original Horseman of Death. They can stay friends and even hookup every now and then but I think being eternal lovers won’t let them reach their full potential.
    Normally I'd agree with you about revamping Zanda or Monica Lynne, but in order for them to become as big a name as Storm has become in her over 40-years of history, Marvel would have to give those female characters SIGNIFICANT, CONSISTENT shine both in Black Panther's book and within the wider Marvel Universe, and I just don't see Marvel taking the time and patience to make that happen and keep building those ladies up the way they should be built up. Marvel doesn't even have Storm shine that much, so I really doubt Marvel would put that much attention into Zanda, Monica Lynne or anyone else.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-01-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

Normally I'd agree with you about revamping Zanda or Monica Lynne, but in order for them to become as big a name as Storm has become in her over 40-years of history, Marvel would have to give those female characters SIGNIFICANT, CONSISTENT shine both in Black Panther's book and within the wider Marvel Universe, and I just don't see Marvel taking the time and patience to make that happen and keep building those ladies up the way they should be built up. Marvel doesn't even have Storm shine that much, so I really doubt Marvel would put that much attention into Zanda, Monica Lynne or anyone else.
    One could say the same of Mera vs Wonder Woman. Both of them theoretically make sense as love interests of Aquaman, though one of them is clearly more powerful and relevant. But because Wonder Woman has her own franchise to be a part of Aquaman needs to take what he can get and make the most of it. Thus Mera is his primary love interest and has garnered a lot of praise and respect through the years. Will a revamped Zanda, an omega-level Nuhuman and Queen of Narobia ever be as high profile as Storm? No, but can she be a viable love interest and more importantly, be under the complete editorial control of the Black Panther office? Yes, so she's a better option long term.

If we're being entirely honest, the only black women at Marvel who will ever rival Storm in relevance are Spectrum and Shuri (as the Batgirl to T'Challa's Batman who will possibly get an MCU trilogy). For obvious reasons Shuri isn't on the table as a love interest while Spectrum has been romantically linked with Blue Marvel for close to half a decade. So if T'Challa can't get Storm he has no choice but to work with a love interest that starts out C-list at best (assuming we're speaking in terms of black women). I'd rather that than Storm kissing Gambit while they're reconciling in his own book.
    Last edited by chief12d; 08-01-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    me too boo. me too!