Page 353 of 613 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 9190

The only reason I wouldn't want Storm to evolve into her elemental form is that I can't stand when the few black characters we have aren't drawn with their natural black skin. It's a problem that was mentioned in the thread about black X-Men (Darwin, Maggot, etc.) and I wouldn't want Storm to get the same treatment.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's...that's....well...I have no wrds.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The only reason I wouldn't want Storm to evolve into her elemental form is that I can't stand when the few black characters we have aren't drawn with their natural black skin. It's a problem that was mentioned in the thread about black X-Men (Darwin, Maggot, etc.) and I wouldn't want Storm to get the same treatment.
    I hear you. I wouldn't want her to be perpetually in her elemental form. I would want her to go in this form akin to super saiyan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think with storm you could get a great elemental affect just by making her hair change form to become more cloud like with a sort of transparent look that doesn't effect her skin tone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks appreciate it.

Exactly Storm needs no man. Let her have little demi gods over time and live her life to the fullest. She should be an immortal being now. It's time for her to start exploring the world of gods. New Celestial Olympus, The Celestials, i feel like we need a life or death journey but this time through godhood. Surely many should be trying to aquire the newest goddess for their pantheon. especially one of her power levels.
    I'm interested in the life of death journey with her godhood. how would that work though in this context? she hasn't even truly embraced the power honestly so its not like she would be missing that aspect of herself if it was suddenly stripped away.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm interested in the life of death journey with her godhood. how would that work though in this context? she hasn't even truly embraced the power honestly so its not like she would be missing that aspect of herself if it was suddenly stripped away.
    I more imagine wouldn't other gods know a new god exists in the MU. I don't know why one of the many pantheons aren't trying to recruit her, especially if she is a bigger god as has been indicated because adversary is suppose to be up there in power. Then you have her connection to oshur and so on and so forth. I was more thinking the journey itself to empowering herself as a goddess rather than losing that part of her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think with storm you could get a great elemental affect just by making her hair change form to become more cloud like with a sort of transparent look that doesn't effect her skin tone.
    I don't think the transparency will work, me personally, I loved the elemental form she received in that comic where she saw herself in the mirror and then flew out and destroyed an entire planet.

Now, for her appearance itself. I would see it more like Boby's ice form, she will be able to switch between it, whenever she wants, or when she is trying to extend her reach and make herself more powerful. I want to see it there, but I also want to see it controllable by her, not something which will completely overtake her. Of course, if something happens to attack her in her human form, I would imagine that subconsciously her form will trigger, preserving her life and recover her, even if she was unconscious or something like that. This is at least, how, I would have written her.

As far for her form itself. I would imagine something among the lines of her hair glowing in gentle white tone, with her aura coming out from her body surrounding her. This way she will not lose her skin colour and when she is attacked or stabbed for example I would imagine her body spreading like a liquid or something like that, ignoring the stab itself and then reforming back. But hey that just me.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 08-01-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    One could say the same of Mera vs Wonder Woman. Both of them theoretically make sense as love interests of Aquaman, though one of them is clearly more powerful and relevant. But because Wonder Woman has her own franchise to be a part of Aquaman needs to take what he can get and make the most of it. Thus Mera is his primary love interest and has garnered a lot of praise and respect through the years. Will a revamped Zanda, an omega-level Nuhuman and Queen of Narobia ever be as high profile as Storm? No, but can she be a viable love interest and more importantly, be under the complete editorial control of the Black Panther office? Yes, so she's a better option long term.

If we're being entirely honest, the only black women at Marvel who will ever rival Storm in relevance are Spectrum and Shuri (as the Batgirl to T'Challa's Batman who will possibly get an MCU trilogy). For obvious reasons Shuri isn't on the table as a love interest while Spectrum has been romantically linked with Blue Marvel for close to half a decade. So if T'Challa can't get Storm he has no choice but to work with a love interest that starts out C-list at best (assuming we're speaking in terms of black women). I'd rather that than Storm kissing Gambit while they're reconciling in his own book.
    Being under the same editorial office won't guarantee that Zanda/Monica Lynne would be better choices as love interests and won't be sidelined at any point, though. Look at Peter Parker and Mary Jane; they were under the same editorial office, were married, but were still broken up, despite being in the complete editorial control of the Spider-Man office. Also, with both your picks of Zanda and Monica Lynne and my pick of Storm, the Black Panther office could decide at any point that they don't want Black Panther to be with any of those women, and then he'd just be alone or with a new temporary pick of a new Black Panther writer.

I even think Black Panther and Monica Lynne were engaged at one point (in one of those Black Panther graphic novels from the 1980's from Don McGregor), but we all know they never eventually got married. Same editorial office, but plans didn't work out for whatever reason.

I guess that no Marvel relationship is really all that safe, whether the characters are in the same editorial office or not.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-01-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I more imagine wouldn't other gods know a new god exists in the MU. I don't know why one of the many pantheons aren't trying to recruit her, especially if she is a bigger god as has been indicated because adversary is suppose to be up there in power. Then you have her connection to oshur and so on and so forth. I was more thinking the journey itself to empowering herself as a goddess rather than losing that part of her.
    this is actually what I would love her little portion of the mu to involve that is her own pantheon of gods skin to thor and asgard. I like the idea of that journey being explored very much .

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I don't think the transparency will work, me personally, I loved the elemental form she received in that comic where she saw herself in the mirror and then flew out and destroyed an entire planet.

Now, for her appearance itself. I would see it more like Boby's ice form, she will be able to switch between it, whenever she wants, or when she is trying to extend her reach and make herself more powerful. I want to see it there, but I also want to see it controllable by her, not something which will completely overtake her. Of course, if something happens to attack her in her human form, I would imagine that subconsciously her form will trigger, preserving her life and recover her, even if she was unconscious or something like that. This is at least, how, I would have written her.

As far for her form itself. I would imagine something among the lines of her hair glowing in gentle white tone, with her aura coming out from her body surrounding her. This way she will not lose her skin colour and when she is attacked or stabbed for example I would imagine her body spreading like a liquid or something like that, ignoring the stab itself and then reforming back. But hey that just me.
    I did a few quick sketches and honetly in the end i think the glow is proably the best way to go. Though since Storm can see her body and the world in patterns of primal energy she should theoretically just be able to blend with a storm when she wants which we have already seen in some instances like the storm her face was in. though i have to say i don't mind a light blue hue surrounding her.

ororodivine.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I did a few quick sketches and honetly in the end i think the glow is proably the best way to go. Though since Storm can see her body and the world in patterns of primal energy she should theoretically just be able to blend with a storm when she wants which we have already seen in some instances like the storm her face was in. though i have to say i don't mind a light blue hue surrounding her.

ororodivine.jpg
    That looks cool, but the light blue hue... nope, I don't see her like that... I would go with the same greyish-white glow, like her eyes and hair. But that just me!

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    how about storm and exodus as a couple
    This world be interesting to say the least lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hear you. I wouldn't want her to be perpetually in her elemental form. I would want her to go in this form akin to super saiyan.
    NEVER!!! Storm MUST transcend!!!!!

Anyway, I see what you mean. Although, I don’t see how it would matter. Storm hasn’t been the correct Skin Color for a long as time. She’s Been: Dark Skin, Light Skin, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Dark Shad of Purple etc. she’s everywhere.

Now that I think about it. This whole Elemental Being thing let that be a Secondary Mutation like Emma’s Diamond Form. Simple enough.

ororodivine.jpg
    that's cute boo. her hair looks like clouds which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    NEVER!!! Storm MUST transcend!!!!!

Anyway, I see what you mean. Although, I don’t see how it would matter. Storm hasn’t been the correct Skin Color for a long as time. She’s Been: Dark Skin, Light Skin, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Dark Shad of Purple etc. she’s everywhere.

Now that I think about it. This whole Elemental Being thing let that be a Secondary Mutation like Emma’s Diamond Form. Simple enough.
    that is a good point her skin has been all over the place loll I died when I saw purple lol

I want her elemental form to be used sparingly and only when battles require, just like I think her goddess power should be used as well.