Page 368 of 613 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    While Ororo is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Ororo is still a flesh and blood, human mutant, born to human parents.

That said... What I find interesting about Coates’ run is how he managed to connect Ororo being the object of worship to the local tribes of Kenya (after Ainet, taught her how to be responsible with her powers) with it being enough to ascend to the state of being an actual goddess and peer to the likes of Thor or Athena.
    I think Coates in regards to her divinity was talking to the blood that flows within her veins and not necessarily to whom her parents were. its akin to our DNA that be traced back to hundreds or thousands of years to our ancestors. what I find interesting is that Claremont made it a point to emphasize her lineage going back to the beginning of time. I thought it was first mentioned here:

but I think it was first mentioned by Claremont here:

this could be what Coates is referencing regarding the divine aspect of her bloodline.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think Coates in regards to her divinity was talking to the blood that flows within her veins and not necessarily to whom her parents were. its akin to our DNA that be traced back to hundreds or thousands of years to our ancestors. what I find interesting is that Claremont made it a point to emphasize her lineage going back to the beginning of time. I thought it was first mentioned here:

I agree... (Ayesha of Balobedu --> Ashake of Egypt --> Ashake of Meroë --> Harriet Munroe (paternal grandmother) --> unnamed maternal grandmother --> N'Daré Munroe (mother) --> Ororo Munroe). Thus, Ororo's mother must be part of that line ancient African priestesses.

but I think it was first mentioned by Claremont here:

this could be what Coates is referencing regarding the divine aspect of her bloodline.
    Personally, I see no reason why "Ancient line of African priestesses" and "Divine bloodline" can't be synonymous...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

While Ororo is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Ororo is still a flesh and blood, human mutant, born to human parents.

That said... What I find interesting about Coates’ run is how he managed to connect Ororo being the object of worship to the local tribes of Kenya (after Ainet, taught her how to be responsible with her powers) with it being enough to ascend to the state of being an actual goddess and peer to the likes of Thor or Athena.
    Most of the gods in marvel are flesh and blood. Thor, odin, hercules, zeus, I could go on and on and on.though now zeus is cosmic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Most of the gods in marvel are flesh and blood. Thor, odin, hercules, zeus, I could go on and on and on.though now zeus is cosmic.
    True but... Thor, Odin, Hercules, and Zeus all poses skin, muscles, and bones are roughly three times denser than human tissue, contributing to their superhuman strength, durability, and weight -- Hell, even Athena's body is much harder and more resistant to injury than that of an ordinary human -- can the same be said regarding Ororo?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2020 at 05:45 AM.

True but... Thor, Odin, Hercules, and Zeus all poses skin, muscles, and bones are roughly three times denser than human tissue, contributing to their superhuman strength, durability, and weight -- can same be said regarding Ororo?
    And storm's body withstood the vacuum of space, and the pressures that come with the winds she flies through at high speeds, not to mention cold on the edge of space that would have killed a normal human body in seconds. Also thor and them are centuries old, Storm would be considered an infant in the world of gods. Then you have demi gods who powers don't fully awaken until after they die or ascend so i don't see why it should be any different for ororo who again in the terms of god hood like bast and them is basically an infant. Also for all we know maybe her abilities were increased because somehow her mothers was latent thus her black hair meaning she was meant to give birth to greatness.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not all Divinity is created equal.
    And that's okies. I don't need Storm to have superhuman strength and dense bones and tissue etc. I love that she is essentially mutant/human but wields power on par with the "Gods". That's the essence of mutantdom, unlike the rest of the superhumans in the MU. They can be Gods in human form.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not all Divinity is created equal.
    And that's okies. I don't need Storm to have superhuman strength and dense bones and tissue etc. I love that she is essentially mutant/human but wields power on par with the "Gods". That's the essence of mutantdom, unlike the rest of the superhumans in the MU. They can be Gods in human form.
    Yet in Storm's case claremont has been dangling acension for decades specifically in Xtreme where she talked to thunderbird and it sounded like her ascension is just a matter of time. Which also connects in a way to her elemental form in the apocalypse story that butterflykyss postesd the picture too and not to mention a forced form of ascension we saw when she was trapped in chrome by doom. Time and time again it's been stated and or implied Storm is no where near where she is suppose to end up yet. I think the only thing stopping storm personally is her fear of not being what she knows herself to be. So she is holding herself back.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

And storm's body withstood the vacuum of space, and the pressures that come with the winds she flies through at high speeds, not to mention cold on the edge of space that would have killed a normal human body in seconds. Also thor and them are centuries old, Storm would be considered an infant in the world of gods. Then you have demi gods who powers don't fully awaken until after they die or ascend so i don't see why it should be any different for ororo who again in the terms of god hood like bast and them is basically an infant. Also for all we know maybe her abilities were increased because somehow her mothers was latent thus her black hair meaning she was meant to give birth to greatness.
    I don't deny any of it... However, I can say similar of Jean Grey.

I don't deny any of it... However, I can say similar of Jean Grey.

Except jean grey has a telekinetic shield around her. A sheild that keeps her body from ever actually interacting with space and a shield we've seen her put around herself and others to protect from different powerful attacks. Storm did not have any such shield around her her body compensates for the changes itself. BIG difference.

But since you posted these one must wonder how Jean was able to produce air to breathe in a tk shield. Though one could say that her time was also limited as she was proably limited to whatever air was already in her bubble where as storm can produce air.

And also hyperspace isn't literal space, hyperspace is a dimension of fiction which in most fiction can literally be entered by means of energy field which is exactly what a tk shield is.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2020 at 06:08 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Except jean grey has a telekinetic shield around her. A sheild that keeps her body from ever actually interacting with space and a shield we've seen her put around herself and others to protect from different powerful attacks. Storm did not have any such shield around her her body compensates for the changes itself. BIG difference.

But since you posted these one must wonder how Jean was able to produce air to breathe in a tk shield. Though one could say that her time was also limited as she was proably limited to whatever air was already in her bubble where as storm can produce air.
    thats like saying Storm doesnt actually fly; she uses the winds to ride around. If the end result is the same, what does it matter? Jean's TK is part of her powerset and that power that allowed her to do this feat just like Storm's resistance is part of her powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats like saying Storm doesnt actually fly; she uses the winds to ride around. If the end result is the same, what does it matter? Jean's TK is part of her powerset and that power that allowed her to do this feat just like Storm's resistance is part of her powerset.
    I added more Jean wasn't in literal space in those panels she was in hyper space. And the difference is again Storm's body does the work which the conversation was how the body of thor and them are able to withstand certain things. Storm was unconscious and her body still did what it did, the same can't be said for Jean.

We have also seen many instances where Storm's power or the elements reacting to her being in danger have acted on their own to make the choice to protect her when she herself was too weak or unwilling.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Keep in mind though...all these stories have taken place in only a handful of years...She and the mutants/X-Men have been active for a short time (by MU standards). Ororo is still very, very young. There's years and years (or not depending on what HiX-Man has planned) before she transcends.
    I don't see it as fear that's holding her back from "ascension" (All mutants do have the potential to ascend to something greater) but rather her love and appreciation of being simply human.
    As Claremont showed when Storm eventually became a true elemental in the distant future...she was emotionally cold and distant. She had become aloof from her humanity. And while it's not a certainty that she will lose herself were she to ascend, it is a possibility.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

She did when she pulled this power stunt -- which was around the same time period give or take a dozen issues or so.

Ororo can make air?!? That's debatable (we can tackle that later) -- It's my belief she was holding her breath until she died.

And also hyperspace isn't literal space, hyperspace is a dimension of fiction which in most fiction can literally be entered by means of energy field which is exactly what a tk shield is.
    Oh, don't nitpick It's in the pages thus it's factual canon.

I added more Jean wasn't in literal space in those panels she was in hyper space. And the difference is again Storm's body does the work which the conversation was how the body of thor and them are able to withstand certain things. Storm was unconscious and her body still did what it did, the same can't be said for Jean.

We have also seen many instances where Storm's power or the elements reacting to her being in danger have acted on their own to make the choice to protect her when she herself was too weak or unwilling.
    Marvel Database: Hyperspace
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2020 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Addendum.

She did when she pulled this power stunt -- which was around the same time period give or take a dozen issues or so.

Ororo can make air?!? That's debatable (we can tackle that later) -- It's my belief she was holding her breath until she died.

Oh, don't nitpick It's in the pages thus it's factual canon.
    honestly in my opinion and i could be wrong but it seems like your nitpicking ororo and then jumping to the other side of the fence by then saying you get it but then comparing her to others in an effort to... i'm not sure yet. how could she be holding her breath if she was unconscious. But thats neither here or there, i'm moving on from this, i get kind of bored going in circles.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

honestly in my opinion and i could be wrong but it seems like your nitpicking ororo and then jumping to the other side of the fence by then saying you get it but then comparing her to others in an effort to... i'm not sure yet.
    Hey, now... Me saying you were nitpicking was totally not meant to be an insult -- I used said comparison as a example of another mutant
    doing similar (albeit under different circumstances) using their own unique abilities.

how could she be holding her breath if she was unconscious. But thats neither here or there, i'm moving on from this, i get kind of bored going in circles.
    1). Ororo wasn't unconscious -- she was dead! The page I posted states just that.

2). Don't be like that... We're debating comic books not real world politics and religion.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2020 at 07:55 AM.