Page 369 of 613 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"neither does she" clearly indicates that Storm died in that moment and...we see a new Storm body being healed in/by the Acanti who was then projecting her thoughts to the X-Men.

Claremont's hyperbole was very problematic and muddled things up unnecessarily.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats like saying Storm doesnt actually fly; she uses the winds to ride around. If the end result is the same, what does it matter? Jean's TK is part of her powerset and that power that allowed her to do this feat just like Storm's resistance is part of her powerset.
    Storm is immune to the elements. Don't let lovell crop writing come to dilute what Claremont expressed many times in regards to her power set:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

and just a few others:

I have many other instances where she expressed immunity to the weather and or temperature variations. the only time weather or her powers have directly affected her is when her mind, body, and/or spirit has been compromised. outside of this she should not not be affected by it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Speaking of Storm's water manipulation, I remember when I posted on another forum in the VS section where Storm was matched against an opponent whose body was made up of electricity. The opposition claimed Storm hadn't shown the ability to control sentient elementals, and I managed to end the argument with this. It was pretty satisfying.

babaaaaaaay! I love how they draw Storm's facial expressions when she's about to drag a bitch! Yes Gawd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I agree... (Ayesha of Balobedu --> Ashake of Egypt --> Ashake of Meroë --> Harriet Munroe (paternal grandmother) --> unnamed maternal grandmother --> N'Daré Munroe (mother) --> Ororo Munroe). Thus, Ororo's mother must be part of that line ancient African priestesses.

Personally, I see no reason why "Ancient line of African priestesses" and "Divine bloodline" can't be synonymous...
    So, I hate saying this but I've read that line about the women in Storm's family having "White Hair" and "Blue Eyes" multiple times. It just dawned on me that their talkin about the ones with magical potential.

Lear something everyday. lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Yeah, TAS was my favorite of the animated versions of Storm. I still remember the scene where the X-Men were losing against the Hellfire Club, and Storm starts taking them all out by herself. It literally took the Phoenix to stop her.

I actually just started a re-watch of TAS on Disney+ and she has a lot of moments like this.

Evolution's Storm was good too, there just wasn't enough focus on her character. But her punching out Mystique is certainly memorable.
    Why did they turn off the comments on that youtube video? So dumb smh

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I surely hope that Storm blasted Deadpool after this foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Now how the hell Storm and Polaris with all that power let a damn baby shark attack them in the air? Girl gone!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Why did they turn off the comments on that youtube video? So dumb smh
    She had to turn them off because the Rogue fans were NOT happy when Sebastuan Shaw punched her through a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Now how the hell Storm and Polaris with all that power let a damn baby shark attack them in the air? Girl gone!
    Because it was meant to be humorous... I dunno, I had no problem with it. It's rare we ever get to see Storm in light-hearted funny moments. Also, I doubt Storm would ever go full force on a cute lil baby shark like Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Because it was meant to be humorous... I dunno, I had no problem with it. It's rare we ever get to see Storm in light-hearted funny moments. Also, I doubt Storm would ever go full force on a cute lil baby shark like Jeff.
    yea I didn't mind it either. it's Deadpool and supposed to be lighthearted and fun. it kinda reminded me of this scene

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I didn't mind it either. it's Deadpool and supposed to be lighthearted and fun. it kinda reminded me of this scene

LOL I love the fear in everybody's face in the bottom panel.

Something really important is happening with Storm at Fantomex guys! I recommend you check it out!

Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020) #1

26.jpg

She says she is about to die and the only way to heal herself is in the World...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    LOL I love the fear in everybody's face in the bottom panel.
    yup they know Ororo ain't with that foolishness and shenanigans. lol