Page 40 of 613 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    baby I wont be able to go to mine until after 5 my time. today is going to be a mess.
    I don't even bother getting hard copies anymore. I just buy mine from Amazon and call it a day. I also agree with your point about BP. I like that Coates has given BP a strong supporting cast. It makes sense with him being the leader of a country. That's what you see in this issue, IMO. He can't and doesn't have to do everything. No leader does. Leaders rely on others, in many different ways. I do, however, agree with Coates detractors who complained about the sex camps. I eventually got around to reading a couple of those issues with the sex camps and they were disgusting. I didn't see a point to that subplot. Wakandans don't have to be perfect. Indeed, I don't think they were ever portrayed that way, but to have them engage in such acts and right under the nose of the ruling family, was pretty awful.

Anyway, we'll talk more after you and others have had a chance to read the issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I don't even bother getting hard copies anymore. I just buy mine from Amazon and call it a day. I also agree with your point about BP. I like that Coates has given BP a strong supporting cast. It makes sense with him being the leader of a country. That's what you see in this issue, IMO. He can't and doesn't have to do everything. No leader does. Leaders rely on others, in many different ways. I do, however, agree with Coates detractors who complained about the sex camps. I eventually got around to reading a couple of those issues with the sex camps and they were disgusting. I didn't see a point to that subplot. Wakandans don't have to be perfect. Indeed, I don't think they were ever portrayed that way, but to have them engage in such acts and right under the nose of the ruling family, was pretty awful.

Anyway, we'll talk more after you and others have had a chance to read the issue.

agreed with all of your points about leaders. to the rape camps I personally didnt find it in poor taste. there are horrific things that happen in ameri a (human trafficking, for example) but those who engage in that activity in america doesnt reflect on the values and the ideals that America is built upon. That is how I look to that. it draws attention to the really dark places that humanity can go but I dont in alway think that the behavior of a few men represent the values of the totality of wakanda.

spoilers:
    are the rumors true is kitty dead and what was Ororo's reaction?
    end of spoilers

help please.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

spoilers:
    are the rumors true is kitty dead and what was Ororo's reaction?
    end of spoilers

help please.
    spoilers:
    cliiffhanger, we dont see any reactionn
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    spoilers:
    cliiffhanger, we dont see any reactionn
    end of spoilers
    what really?? I need to get to my lcs asap.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

what really?? I need to get to my lcs asap.
    Im suddenly happy ororo isnt the leader

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Im suddenly happy ororo isnt the leader
    I read it and kitty was too reckless it caught up with her.

bp however was really good!! I loved how njadaka recognized ororo for the threat she is. I do think he is underestimating her in what her limits are. he has yet to see her true power.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-22-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Smile

I read it and kitty was too reckless it caught up with her.

bp however was really good!! I loved how njadaka recognized ororo for the threat she is. I do think he is underestimating her in what her limits are. he has yet to see her true power.
    Yes, N'Jadaka certainly gave Ororo, oops nope, the Hadari Yao her props. That's saying something considering his level of arrogance. What do you think of the interchange between Shuri and Bast?

I hope these four actually get some panel time.

BP1.jpg

Astonishing Member

I hope these four actually get some panel time.

BP1.jpg
    Damn Shuri went in!

Ororo, the Hadari Yao, is given much respect. We should see something from her as the war heats up.

BP2.jpg

BP3.jpg

BP4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Damn Shuri went in!
    IMO, Shuri had a good showing. Not as a hero but as a leader and general.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's a really lovely variation on how she wears her head-piece...sans ponytail. I hope I get to see that in the X-books, sometime.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Maybe Sebastian Shaw isn't so bad after all
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Yes, N'Jadaka certainly gave Ororo, oops nope, the Hadari Yao her props. That's saying something considering his level of arrogance. What do you think of the interchange between Shuri and Bast?
    Yes. I didnt even realize N'Jadaka was aware of Ororo. It would appear at some point she is going to be targeted.

As for Shuri and Bast, I loved their interaction. Shuri was straightforward and didnt hold back in making Bast aware the wakandans didnt need her. Bast tried to flex her powers but shuri correctly called her out for them not needing her. It was a very powerful exchange.

Ororo, the Hadari Yao, is given much respect. We should see something from her as the war heats
    yes I loved the acknowledgement of the power she possesses. this would indicate that for njadaka assault to be successful the key to winning would require him focusing on taking her out. this is going to get good.