Page 405 of 613 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm definitely notice what happens to ororo more but even when you look in the hickman era, both women have been playing nice. emma and jean are practically in a relationship together and sharing men. emma interaction with ororo mostly has been the same which is nice nasty, with emphasis on nasty.
    Jean and Emma havent interacted too much in the current era. Emma was snarky to her n X-men 3 and was visibly annoyed with her at some points in the GS issue

On a side note. Chibi Storm!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Probably an undertone of jealously coupled with internalized bigotry owing to her upbringing. Storm is the embodiment of pretty much everything Emma wants as a hero and champion for her people. Attractive, powerful, the respect and trust of everyone she knows, and the background of someone that's lived a full life (rags to riches).

Emma wants to be Ororo and has a dual superiority and inferiority complex towards her so she takes it out on her with verbal jabs because she knows deep down Storm is such a good person she won't kill her for talking so crazy lol. The fact that she's black and "exotic" probably adds an extra element of fascination/irritation at everything Storm represents. But it's important to point out that Storm isn't the only character who deals with this, since Jean has arguably gotten it much worse from Emma because you see the same jealousy just in different ways.

As much as people love to go in on Tony and Reed Richards for the problematic nature of their portrayals, white females like Emma get to skirt by in those conversations. If she was a man a lot more would be made of the things she's done and said to Ororo and frankly to many other characters.
    I think your analysis is spot on and hits most of my personal thoughts on why she seems to be more bitchy when her daggers are directed at Ororo. I couldn’t imagine how intimidating a woman of Ororo's qualities would be towards someone like Emma. As I mentioned to Havok, at least in the current hickman era, I'm not certain she is getting it worse especially the polyamorous relationship she and jean have going with Scott and Logan. they seem a lot more amicable.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean and Emma havent interacted too much in the current era. Emma was snarky to her n X-men 3 and was visibly annoyed with her at some points in the GS issue

didn't they shwre a drink a beer or something after joking about their outfits not being cute? also they worked together to save storm and though there wasn't dialogue there didn't appear to be any tension between the two of them.

also cute!!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

didn't they shwre a drink a beer or something after joking about their outfits not being cute? also they worked together to save storm and though there wasn't dialogue there didn't appear to be any tension between the two of them.

also cute!!!!!!
    Yes that happened in the HOX party. I was referring to this

Its hard to tell with no dialogue but Emma throw some daggers with the way she looked at Jean. And she's also had no problems shading her in this era.

While she and Storm started off with tension, they've been on better terms since Kitty's death. Might have been a moment of weakness on Storm's part, but any tension in that series was induced by her, not Emma. Emma hasnt really been trying her in Dawn of X

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It really isn't quantum physics and super asymmetry.

All three women remember and know the pasts they've shared. All three women know that despite what Krakoa stands for now, certain characteristics are still inherent.
    But...
    All three women know and accept that in order to ensure that what they're building on Krakoa thrives and succeeds they have to work together and give each other the mutual respect they all deserve in spite of their past experiences and histories.
    There's still Fire, Ice and Thunderbolts among the three (thank the Goddess)...that hasn't changed (nor should it) it's just not aimed at each other with the intent to hurt and destroy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    As I look closer , it looks like Storm demanded attention from Fan and Tri.
    I was to memorize to pay attention
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 08-21-2020 at 05:06 PM.

That hair!

That hair!

yasssss miss Bassett timeless beauty!!! i love the hair too.

ooohhh this is too cute. really like this variant.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

this is fine but it gets a bit tiresome seeing your fave who also has a very slick mouth being chumped by emma. that's why I did appreciate Duggan showing her getting slapped in face.

beautiful!
    I like Claremont's version better:

punchemma.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I like Claremont's version better:

punchemma.jpg
    You get no arguments from me there beloved!!!!

You get no arguments from me there beloved!!!!

Lord Claremont ftw.

uncanny449.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

More! It hurts so good.