Page 406 of 613 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 9190
    BANNED

I have a question about the Ororo Munroe of the XCU - Mainstream Timeline.

In the movie "X-Men" (2000), Sabretooth tries to suffocate her. It looks like Ororo cannot use her powers correctly because the hold on her neck (she couldn't breath), so she was barely able to summon a lightning from the sky.
    Is it me or the Movieverse STORM cannot create lightnings from her body, but just absorb them from the sky and channel them? Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I have a question about the Ororo Munroe of the XCU - Mainstream Timeline.

In the movie "X-Men" (2000), Sabretooth tries to suffocate her. It looks like Ororo cannot use her powers correctly because the hold on her neck (she couldn't breath), so she was barely able to summon a lightning from the sky.
    Is it me or the Movieverse STORM cannot create lightnings from her body, but just absorb them from the sky and channel them? Am I right?

Director Bryan Singer wanted to keep the powers of the characters somewhat "grounded" in his movies initially. So as part of that he consciously had Ororo able to manipulate weather effects but not project them from her body. So she could have lightning strike from the sky but she wouldn't throw bolts from her hands or anything.

That was pretty consistent until the Singer-less X3:THE LAST STAND, where Storm seems to shoot lightning from her hands.

But it WAS an intentional thing in the beginning and I think it was also consistent with Singer's return for X: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, where she channelled lightning FROM THE SKY through her body and then directed it.

Then with X:APOCALYPSE all bets were off with nuStorm being portrayed the source of lightning by movie's end.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-22-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lord Claremont ftw.

Attachment 99988
    One of my fav scene.. and the one of her walking through a crown anti mutant bigots was to live for

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Director Bryan Singer wanted to keep the powers of the characters somewhat "grounded" in his movies initially. So as part of that he consciously had Ororo able to manipulate weather effects but not project them from her body. So she could have lightning strike from the sky but she wouldn't throw bolts from her hands or anything.

That was pretty consistent until the Singer-less X3:THE LAST STAND, where Storm seems to shoot lightning from her hands.

But it WAS an intentional thing in the beginning and I think it was also consistent with Singer's return for X: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, where she channelled lightning FROM THE SKY through her body and then directed it.

Then with X:APOCALYPSE all bets were off with nuStorm being portrayed the source of lightning by movie's end.
    Thanks!!!

Well, we can assume that - in 'Apocalypse' - STORM had been enhanced by En Sabah Nur, and she became very conscious about her powers because of the enhancement. So she just learnt to "store" the lightnings, as she did in the Original Trilogy.
    She had just absorbed lightnings in a PREVIOUS TIME to the fights of "The Last Stand" and the Danger Room sequence (Apocalypse).

What do you think about it?
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 08-22-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Lord Claremont ftw.

Attachment 99988
    yes!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    One of my fav scene.. and the one of her walking through a crown anti mutant bigots was to live for
    My Favorite Scenes are:
    -Multiple Tornado
    -Her Emotion is affecting the Weather.

SiennaCrow

Hello, everyone, I'm a longtime Storm fan and thought I make my first post here amongst other Storm fans��. I have a bit of catching up to do as I have been behind on my comic readings. I'm hoping the upcoming comic event handles the weather goddess well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiennaCrow View Post
    Hello, everyone, I'm a longtime Storm fan and thought I make my first post here amongst other Storm fans��. I have a bit of catching up to do as I have been behind on my comic readings. I'm hoping the upcoming comic event handles the weather goddess well.
    welcome boo!! so glad you decided to post and join the discussion!!!

I also hope x of swords is kind to our beloved goddess. please don't be a stranger here. the more storm fans the merrier!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lord Claremont ftw.

Attachment 99988
    So who is Viper and what did Storm do to her in that pic when she snapped her fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    So who is Viper and what did Storm do to her in that pic when she snapped her fingers?
    If i recall correctly Viper had removed the xmen's power with nanites and was trying to take each of the xmen out by putting them in dangerous situations. In the case of Storm, Viper put both her and Nightcrawler in the middle of a friends of humanity meeting and the only way out was to walk through a building that was filled with mutant haters. They were able to exit without incident and once they did their powers returned, which is the scan Yoga posted.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    If i recall correctly Viper had removed the xmen's power with nanites and was trying to take each of the xmen out by putting them in dangerous situations. In the case of Storm, Viper put both her and Nightcrawler in the middle of a friends of humanity meeting and the only way out was to walk through a building that was filled with mutant haters. They were able to exit without incident and once they did their powers returned, which is the scan Yoga posted.
    ok I kind of get it but I still wanna know what happened when Storm snapped her finger though

ok I kind of get it but I still wanna know what happened when Storm snapped her finger though
    the nanites effects wore off allowing her access to her powers. when she snapped her fingers that is her using her powers.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-23-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the nanites effects wore off allowing her access to her powers. when she snapped her fingers that is her using her powers.
    Oh ok I took what you said and went back and looked at it again. So when Storm said she won't bother us and snapped her fingers she was pretty much saying the woman is too scared to fight her and she made thunder to show she had her powers back. IDK why upon first reading it I thought Storm conjured lightning and hit Viper from far and did away with her lol.

Oh ok I took what you said and went back and looked at it again. So when Storm said she won't bother us and snapped her fingers she was pretty much saying the woman is too scared to fight her and she made thunder to show she had her powers back. IDK why upon first reading it I thought Storm conjured lightning and hit Viper from far and did away with her lol.
    exactly. viper wouldn't dare try fighting ororo fairly when she is aware she is being targeted. viper gassed the team when they were on the way to an appearance, i believe, with the queen of England. viper was able to this as she was disguised as the driver of their limo.

!!!

https://www.gamesradar.com/very-huge...om-x-men-line/

Oh boy....Hope it's at least good but I'm excited so far