Page 420 of 613 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To my educated eye, it is a clear reference.
    I definitely see it now and i agree with your sentiment it definitely is a bit much. i think i'm going to choose the fool lane on this one and continue to think of it as a goddess sending her favored king on his way, makes more sense to me like that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

the question the girls want to know: is she powerful?
    I dont have her upgraded yet but people seem impressed

ETA:

I upgraded her to level 70 and ready to T3 but holding off till I get more feedback
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-01-2020 at 08:50 AM.

long love the king!!
    100 Percent Agree
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Niffleheim

Our girl New icon for the Marvel Future Fight is trending on twitter for looking like Charlize Theron in blackface

Last edited by Tofali; 09-01-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont have her upgraded yet but people seem impressed

ETA:

I upgraded her to level 70 and ready to T3 but holding off till I get more feedback

yea I've been watching a lot of videos and they are basically saying she isn't really worth it unless you t3 her and only really for PVE. she is basically a good character but not on the level of silver surfer, Jean, hulk good. they mentioned she can be guard broken easily and she is really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    100 Percent Agree
    he was so incredibly young. I hate cancer so freaking much man.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea I've been watching a lot of videos and they are basically saying she isn't really worth it unless you t3 her and only really for PVE. she is basically a good character but not on the level of silver surfer, Jean, hulk good. they mentioned she can be guard broken easily and she is really slow.

he was so incredibly young. I hate cancer so freaking much man.
    which is fine bc there is only really one PVP mode worth playing and very few characters are useful for that. She is a decent support though so I should expect to see some more Storms pop up. She being a beast for WBU makes her far more useful than she was before

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    which is fine bc there is only really one PVP mode worth playing and very few characters are useful for that. She is a decent support though so I should expect to see some more Storms pop up. She being a beast for WBU makes her far more useful than she was before
    that's good at least I'm curious what the overall verdict will be on the build. im seeing a mixed reaction thus far
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

i love her ice abilities, she creates a vortex around herself that constantly creates and trows shards of ice, she creates an icebergy of sharp ice ascending from the ground like how iceman would and summons a lot of hail and snowstorms, i enjoy that she has an icy focus with her bright white costume, its fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i love her ice abilities, she creates a vortex around herself that constantly creates and trows shards of ice, she creates an icebergy of sharp ice ascending from the ground like how iceman would and summons a lot of hail and snowstorms, i enjoy that she has an icy focus with her bright white costume, its fitting
    the effects on her build are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Our girl New icon for the Marvel Future Fight is trending on twitter for looking like Charlize Theron in blackface

Truthfully, that's not a bad look. She always looked like a white woman with dark skin.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not always.
    Byrne's version of Storm didn't really look like a stereotypical "white woman" (not to mention that White/Caucasian features are also quite varied)
    I would say she only really looked "not Black" or more specifiacally "not Storm" was when Land was tracing her in Fraction's UXM run...where he was clearly using White women as reference for her face and body). Other than that, artist generally drew her looking like a black woman with beauty-full features.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-01-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Truthfully, that's not a bad look. She always looked like a white woman with dark skin.
    No she hasn't. Oh, wait... You mean after her gradual whitewashing became normalized, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-01-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not always.
    Byrne's version of Storm didn't really look like a stereotypical "white woman" (not to mention that White/Caucasian features are also quite varied)
    I would say she only really looked "not Black" or more specifiacally "not Storm" was when Land was tracing her in Fraction's UXM run...where he was clearly using White women as reference for her face and body). Other than that, artist generally drew her looking like a black woman with beauty-full features.
    IA with this. Storm isnt a character thats been a victim of rampant whitewashing. By and large most times when we look at her, she is undeniably black, unlike Monet, who's mileage may vary

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

this straight up looks like taylor swift with a spray tan

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At first I did not see Storm in that image.
    Then only when it was pointed out...I saw Charlize...but that just means whoever photo-shopped that image should be fired for being very bad and incompetent at their job.
    (There are actual Black women he/she could have referenced to create a more true-looking Storm image.)

That said, I know Black women who...if you photo-shop their melanin away will look like Charlize or Taylor. So...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!