Page 421 of 613 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would just add that black people have various features including those that don't fall into what some would identify as "black" features such as some Ethiopians/Eritreans:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thanks to Claremont, I've giving up on trying to figure out how Storm should look.

4693702-storm-uxm253_zps0c0128ce.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Thanks to Claremont, I've giving up on trying to figure out how Storm should look.

I take that as assuming she looks like an ethopian/Eritrean/Sudanese woman. they possess physical qualities were they are obviously black but not the ones some would traditionally affix to black people. also let's keep in mind that was the doctor's assessment. the cop clearly said she was black and there are numerous other claremontian scans that say the same thing :

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lord Storm is trending on Twitter right now. The fans ain't happy about her depiction in Marvel Future fight. They saying Storm looking like everybody from Charlize Theron to Rachel Dolezal. I can't. click on the link to start gagging https://twitter.com/search?q=Storm&s...ertical=trends

696.jpg
    Last edited by metalclouds; 09-01-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's the thing though...his point in that page was meant to emphasise (very clunkily) that she isn't racially "identifiable" by just looking at her features. Anyone looking at her as a child would think "...what?, child who are your parents? And where did they come from?"

She's supposed to be an amalgam of the more distinctive racial traits combined...at that age. At that age.
    Which kind of makes some sense...as our distinctive genetic features are usually (not always) more identifiable as adults.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Lord Storm is trending on Twitter right now. The fans ain't happy about her depiction in Marvel Future fight. They saying Storm looking like everybody from Charlize Theron to Rachel Dolezal. I can't. click on the link to start gagging https://twitter.com/search?q=Storm&s...ertical=trends

696.jpg
    I dont see Charlize. she looks a bit more like Meghan Markle to me.

I think the only sure thing that makes Storm "Black" is her skin color...and that's subject to change.

I think her eyes were the easy way to tell her apart from other characters whenever she was drawn without color

I think the only sure thing that makes Storm "Black" is her skin color...and that's subject to change.

I think her eyes were the easy way to tell her apart from other characters whenever she was drawn without color
    I think that's been generally the case for many black characters though. look at monet and sunset and even gateway (though he is aboriginal but they refer to themselves as black too).

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post

696.jpg
    looking at that thread in more depth it certainly did go viral. I'm glad it did. these developers and artists even within the comics need to do better.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm just in shock at the amount of people on Twitter who
    saw "Storm" and "Charlize Theron" and somehow are under the impression that Charlize has been cast as Storm in Hollywood....

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    saw "Storm" and "Charlize Theron" and somehow are under the impression that Charlize has been cast as Storm in Hollywood....
    what i found weird was not even that ppl are mistaking Charlize being cast as Storm but ppl who think that African is a nationality and agreeing with the casting because Charlize is African.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not.
    It's called Twitter because it's full of Twits. Stupid ignorant Twits.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

you're kidding right??? well I can't say im shocked its twitter lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not.
    It's called Twitter because it's full of Twits. Stupid ignorant Twits.
    You have a point. That's why I usually avoid Twitter

here are some more videos of her new build. some are really impressed with her updates: