Page 429 of 613 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The solicit says thief and queen. In X-Men #4 Hodari, the Wakandan representative to that world conference said Wakanda prefers the company of kings and queens or something like that. That seemed to be a reference to how Storm was still seen as a queen (and now goddess) by the Wakandan people and at that point was still dating T'Challa.

So technically she's still a queen in their eyes. I assume we'll see something involving her romance with T'Challa and her relationship with the royal family. With that in mind, I'm assuming we'll probably see some thieving as well and taking a national treasure of an ancient kingdom makes the most sense to me. The sword she's using in X of Swords is the same one Bashenga is using and unless this whole issue is her just politely chatting with T'Challa and his sister I assume there's gonna be some contention over whether she can take it.
    It would be nice if this book acknowledges her relationship to wakanda in the more recent story as told by coates. We will see what all is going to be acknowledged.

I dont think that all Wakandans see her as a queen. neverthekess, I hope that she doesnt resort to stealing their sword.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It would be nice if this book acknowledges her relationship to wakanda in the more recent story as told by coates. We will see what all is going to be acknowledged.

I dont think that all Wakandans see her as a queen. neverthekess, I hope that she doesnt resort to stealing their sword.
    Yeah, it would be a big betrayal if she stole from people she considers family. If she does, the writer will likely give her a "good" reason for the betrayal but, like you, I don't like the idea of her stealing from Wakanda. Also, T'Challa's throne chair is suspiciously empty. What's up with that? I also do not think it is T'Challa in the Black Panther habit on the cover. At first I thought it was, but the head looks more feminine than masculine to me. I know Shuri is already there but it still looks like her in the habit.

Maybe Ramonda and Shuri tells her, if she wants the sword, she'll have to steal it from Bast. Now that I would love to see, and it wouldn't be a betrayal of her former in-laws.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-10-2020 at 01:23 PM.

If I had to guess, the royal family won't have the sword, but will tell Ororo where to find it. She'll have to do some tomb raiding, which is technically stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yeah, it would be a big betrayal if she stole from people she considers family. If she does, the writer will likely give her a "good" reason for the betrayal but, like you, I don't like the idea of her stealing from Wakanda. Also, T'Challa's throne chair is suspiciously empty. What's up with that? I also do not think it is T'Challa in the Black Panther habit on the cover. At first I thought it was, but the head looks more feminine than masculine to me. I know Shuri is already there but it still looks like her in the habit.

Maybe Ramonda and Shuri tells her, if she wants the sword, she'll have to steal it from Bast. Now that I would love to see, and it wouldn't be a betrayal of her former in-laws.
    I totally agree. I would think that would be OOC if she were to do that. I was thinking the same thing about where tchalla was. I also was curious as to what was in the bag she was carrying. Both him being glaringly missing and rhe bag will play a part of the story's unfolding.

I would have to see the cover but I think he will make an appearance. Hadari Yao vs Bast?? I'm here for that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That time Storm told Emma to STFU and stay in her place

Astonishing Member

Imma be honest, if they have a whole crossover with Wakanda but don't feature T'Challa I'd consider that a slap in the face to the franchise. Shuri and Ramonda are great and all but acting like Storm and T'Challa aren't close or need to have a convo about everything that's going on seems weird. This habit of elevating the black women of the BP mythos over T'Challa himself is tiring but this isn't the thread for that lol. But I'm pretty sure that's just T'Challa, he's a guy in a cat suit so he tends to look a bit sleeker in the habit.

And I hadn't thought that maybe they direct her where to steal. The sword could be lost or something and they point her where to potentially find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    If I had to guess, the royal family won't have the sword, but will tell Ororo where to find it. She'll have to do some tomb raiding, which is technically stealing.
    I like this idea and that would be more in character for me.

I totally agree. I would think that would be OOC if she were to do that. I was thinking the same thing about where tchalla was. I also was curious as to what was in the bag she was carrying. Both him being glaringly missing and rhe bag will play a part of the story's unfolding.

I would have to see the cover but I think he will make an appearance. Hadari Yao vs Bast?? I'm here for that.
    The bag could contain tools of the trade, if you will, for what she anticipates is a heist. Or, Ororo's overnight bag. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Imma be honest, if they have a whole crossover with Wakanda but don't feature T'Challa I'd consider that a slap in the face to the franchise. Shuri and Ramonda are great and all but acting like Storm and T'Challa aren't close or need to have a convo about everything that's going on seems weird. This habit of elevating the black women of the BP mythos over T'Challa himself is tiring but this isn't the thread for that lol. But I'm pretty sure that's just T'Challa, he's a guy in a cat suit so he tends to look a bit sleeker in the habit.

And I hadn't thought that maybe they direct her where to steal. The sword could be lost or something and they point her where to potentially find it.
    Nope, not the thread for that convo, but I do take your point. You're probably right about it being T'Challa on the cover despite the image looking a bit feminine to me. But I do wonder where he is when she arrives. I wonder if they were expecting her.

The bag could contain tools of the trade, if you will, for what she anticipates is a heist. Or, Ororo's overnight bag. LOL.
    her overnight bag lolol. I wonder what goodies she inckude in her bag lol

her overnight bag lolol. I wonder what goodies she inckude in her bag lol
    Ha, ha. Yes. What goodies indeed. I have always enjoyed when writers have shown Ororo having a good familial relationship with Ramonda and Shuri that is independent of her relationship with T'Challa. I love when Shuri and Ororo are written as seeing each other as sistas and Ramonda loving on Ororo as a second daughter.

Ha, ha. Yes. What goodies indeed. I have always enjoyed when writers have shown Ororo having a good familial relationship with Ramonda and Shuri that is independent of her relationship with T'Challa. I love when Shuri and Ororo are written as seeing each other as sistas and Ramonda loving on Ororo as a second daughter.
    Right!!!! This reaffirms a lot of things for me. 1.It demonstrates she has ties and deep connections that extend beyond solely being a mutant. 2. It looks to cement the stories that coates wrote. 3. it dispels rumors that krskoans and specifically storm are prejudiced against humanity. 4. It dispels the rumor Wajanda and Krakoa are at odds.

I'm ready for this issue.

Storm looks incredible in this new art, I love it!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

Nope, not the thread for that convo, but I do take your point. You're probably right about it being T'Challa on the cover despite the image looking a bit feminine to me. But I do wonder where he is when she arrives. I wonder if they were expecting her.
    Yea, T'Challa could be off on Avengers business then pops in on them randomly. But Storm does look like she has an overnight bag so who knows lol. It could be a state meeting. Wasn't it said in X-Force that Krakoa sends ambassadors on a monthly basis to check in on how non-treaty nations treat mutants? This could be a "diplomatic mission"/date night or something.

Yea I like that aspect to. Ramonda in particular should be close with Storm because she knows what it's like to be a foreigner marrying into the royal family. Plus she was an anti-apartheid activist back in the day so I'm sure she respects/supports Storm's mutant advocacy. And Shuri obviously sees Storm as an older sister. Back when she was Black Panther it would've been nice to see Storm mentor her in the ways of being queen, but seeing them as partners in her solo was good too.

Right!!!! This reaffirms a lot of things for me. 1.It demonstrates she has ties and deep connections that extend beyond solely being a mutant. 2. It looks to cement the stories that coates wrote. 3. it dispels rumors that krskoans and specifically storm are prejudiced against humanity. 4. It dispels the rumor Wajanda and Krakoa are at odds.

I'm ready for this issue.
    I think you could safely conclude, from the teaser, your first three points. I'm unsure about the fourth, depending on the storyline. It's past time for X-writers to show different aspects of Ororo's life. Mutant, yes, but also much more, including being a Wakandan goddess and having loved ones who aren't mutants. I liked when Coates wrote her saying she has two nations and two families--Wakandan and Krakoan. Yes, being part of both can pull her in different directions. That's where good storytelling can come in, but she shouldn't be written as having to choose one over the other.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-10-2020 at 02:26 PM.