Page 430 of 613 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I think you could safely conclude, from the teaser, your first three points. I'm unsure about the fourth, depending on the storyline. It's past time for X-writers to show different aspects of Ororo's life. Mutant, yes, but also much more, including being a Wakandan goddess and having loved ones who are mutants. I liked when Coates wrote her saying she has two nations and two families--Wakandan and Krakoan. Yes, being part of both can pull her in different directions. That's where good storytelling can come in, but she shouldn't be written as having to choose one over the other.

you are speaking to my soul right now beloved!!! yes to this need and desire to see more aspects of her life outside of being mutant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, T'Challa could be off on Avengers business then pops in on them randomly. But Storm does look like she has an overnight bag so who knows lol. It could be a state meeting. Wasn't it said in X-Force that Krakoa sends ambassadors on a monthly basis to check in on how non-treaty nations treat mutants? This could be a "diplomatic mission"/date night or something.

Yea I like that aspect to. Ramonda in particular should be close with Storm because she knows what it's like to be a foreigner marrying into the royal family. Plus she was an anti-apartheid activist back in the day so I'm sure she respects/supports Storm's mutant advocacy. And Shuri obviously sees Storm as an older sister. Back when she was Black Panther it would've been nice to see Storm mentor her in the ways of being queen, but seeing them as partners in her solo was good too.

Yeah, I've always wanted more Shuri/Ororo team ups. The team up in the Shuri solo series, while good to see them interact, was a little to "childish" for my taste. I prefer when Shuri is written more grown up and not like the teen from the movies. It would also be nice if readers knew the end of Coates' BP story before this new stuff starts. But we won't, apparently, get those last issues until next year. Smh. Are we to assume that the X-Swords happen after the conclusion of the intergalactic stuff with BP?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

you are speaking to my soul right now beloved!!! yes to this need and desire to see more aspects of her life outside of being mutant.
    LOL. Love it. I'm excited to see where all of this goes. Hopefully, somewhere rewarding for Storm fans, not that we all agree what that is.

what would be awarding for you in this regard?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

it seems ororo really is an important player, categorically evidence has been shown. Phew its nice to get to the event that was teased to have good storm content and it exists!

what would be awarding for you in this regard?

Ha, now that's a question. Well, like you, I'm a fan of Ororo/T'Challa relationship, so I would like that to continue and be "cemented" as the norm for the foreseeable future. I would like her godhood to also be recognized and explored/explained. It would be cool if she was simply shown chilling with her family--reminding readers that she still has family on both sides. Do we even know her goals, drives, aspirations? What is it that she wants for herself? I would love to know.

Ha, now that's a question. Well, like you, I'm a fan of Ororo/T'Challa relationship, so I would like that to continue and be "cemented" as the norm for the foreseeable future. I would like her godhood to also be recognized and explored/explained. It would be cool if she was simply shown chilling with her family--reminding readers that she still has family on both sides. Do we even know her goals, drives, aspirations? What is it that she wants for herself? I would love to know.
    I'm in 100% agreement with all that you said. One other thing I would love to see is for her to actually fight to address issues within the black community specifically African American issues as she is an African American. I know stories like this don't necessarily translate well as evident by BP&C but I think these types of stories would make her character resonate so much more with me as a reader. however, if none of that is addressed I would be in heaven with the things you mentioned.

I truly believe she is Marvels equivalent to WW and it would be nice is she had her own little corner of the MU that ties directly to her bloodline and goddess pantheon.

Astonishing Member

Considering how often her "victory in 2 seconds" fight against Callisto is brought up regulary, i can't help but imagine Marrow going. "Oh sure. She stabs Callisto non-leathaly once and everyone remembers. But i get my heart torn out by her and nobody cares."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it seems ororo really is an important player, categorically evidence has been shown. Phew its nice to get to the event that was teased to have good storm content and it exists!
    Don't get your hopes up too much. Her role could still end up just having a big speech, a single fight scene and otherwise just throwing lightning around.

I'm in 100% agreement with all that you said. One other thing I would love to see is for her to actually fight to address issues within the black community specifically African American issues as she is an African American. I know stories like this don't necessarily translate well as evident by BP&C but I think these types of stories would make her character resonate so much more with me as a reader. however, if none of that is addressed I would be in heaven with the things you mentioned.

I truly believe she is Marvels equivalent to WW and it would be nice is she had her own little corner of the MU that ties directly to her bloodline and goddess pantheon.
    I think if her maternal and paternal relatives were shown, you could get those kinds of stories--staying away from stereotypes, of course. Basically, we want a three-dimensional characterization of Ororo. We want to see her do mega goddess-level **** but also snuggle with the man she loves after a long day and call her grandparents to check on them because COVID-19 is a bitch and the elderly are a vulnerable population.

To borrow from Coates, I would like an Ororo/Storm Unbound.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-10-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering how often her "victory in 2 seconds" fight against Callisto is brought up regulary, i can't help but imagine Marrow going. "Oh sure. She stabs Callisto non-leathaly once and everyone remembers. But i get my heart torn out by her and nobody cares."

Don't get your hopes up too much. Her role could still end up just having a big speech, a single fight scene and otherwise just throwing lightning around.
    To be fair, Ororo did stab Callisto in the heart, fatally. Healer was just conveniently on hand to restore her. Lobdell's editorially-mandated copy can never compare, even if he and MAD doubled down on the gruesome factor(and Sarah happened to have a spare heart without s bomb in it....).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think if her maternal and paternal relatives were shown, you could get those kinds of stories--staying away from stereotypes, of course. Basically, we want a three-dimensional characterization of Ororo. We want to see her do mega goddess-level **** but also snuggle with the man she loves after a long day and call her grandparents to check on them because COVID-19 is a bitch and the elderly are a vulnerable population.

To borrow from Coates, I would like an Ororo/Storm Unbound.
    you again are speaking nothing but truth here boo!! no stereotypes just beautiful black love and interactions is all I desire!!

Didn't the Maurader's artist post a picture of T'Challa looking mad/sad over something? I wonder if it's from the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Didn't the Maurader's artist post a picture of T'Challa looking mad/sad over something? I wonder if it's from the issue.
    gurl you right!!!! im about to be in tears if they try to break up my favorite couple. its the same artist though who made the post of tchalla after Chadwicks passing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, Ororo did stab Callisto in the heart, fatally. Healer was just conveniently on hand to restore her. Lobdell's editorially-mandated copy can never compare, even if he and MAD doubled down on the gruesome factor(and Sarah happened to have a spare heart without s bomb in it....).
    Oh indeed. There is a reason why the Callisto fight is a classic which even made it to the first cartoon (with energy swords) and the Marrow one a footnote if remembered at all. Poor girl never had a true stand out moment for herself. Hence my jesting about her being all pouty about being forgotten.

Also you are right, she stabbed Callisto fataly. I guess, my mistake of remembering it as not fatal, was because i remembered that bit wrong where Nightcrawler informed Storm that Callisto is going to make it thanks to Healer. Likely because of the "did you know she wouldn't die?" question he asked her.

Little sidenote. It was not only a spare heart but also her healing factor. A second heart would not be enough to recover from the big hole in the chest. Which she actualy had even before the fight started. Talk about self sabotage.