Page 435 of 613 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Do you guys think Ororo and T'Challa's relationship will be part of the "romance" and "marriage" part mentioned in the interview.

AIPT: X-Fans love a good soap opera. Can we expect some romance in-between all the sword fighting?

Gerry: That’d be nice.

Annalise: You better believe it.

Zeb: The whole thing’s based on a romance, really. Oh, did I just show up and say too much? Sorry, really wanted to get in here.

Tini: Zeb’s right and he should say it.

Jonathan: Hey look who woke up.

Ben: There’s plenty of emotional drama mixed into the mayhem. I can’t share anything too detailed, but there’s a lot of angles on… marriage in this thing.

All that sounds really good. I am looking forward to what will happen between 'Ro and T'Challa. And I am looking forward into that sword of Storm, because it seems they've put a lot of thought into her sword.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That bag is most likely filled with all of the wigs and wig caps she's snatched over the years.

yassssss hontey!!!!! lolol im screaming

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    To be fair, T'Challa himself isn't an isolationist so maybe this was his idea. I think that it's about building allies. He's probably smart enough to realize that accepting the Krakoan drugs is giving foreigners leverage over the Wakandan economy so he's shifting Wakandan economic assets towards neighboring countries that also haven't been infiltrated by mutants. Hence why they're economic protectorates and not political ones. He's creating a singular East African market that isn't reliant on Krakoa.
    I think that is fair but I would love to see this actually explored by hickman or at least touched upon in the next marauder issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I thought they were talking about Apocalypse and "Classified". Since it's largely an Apocalypse story.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Do you guys think Ororo and T'Challa's relationship will be part of the "romance" and "marriage" part mentioned in the interview.

AIPT: X-Fans love a good soap opera. Can we expect some romance in-between all the sword fighting?

Gerry: That’d be nice.

Annalise: You better believe it.

Zeb: The whole thing’s based on a romance, really. Oh, did I just show up and say too much? Sorry, really wanted to get in here.

Tini: Zeb’s right and he should say it.

Jonathan: Hey look who woke up.

Ben: There’s plenty of emotional drama mixed into the mayhem. I can’t share anything too detailed, but there’s a lot of angles on… marriage in this thing.
    I seriously doubt it but if it is the xoffices will do whatever it takes to shade and even end the relationship. I can see vita if she writes her long term maybe even ending it to explore her being bisexual. I wouldn’t be shocked by a thing at this point honestly oytside of them reaffirming their relationship.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I seriously doubt it but if it is the xoffices will do whatever it takes to shade and even end the relationship. I can see vita if she writes her long term maybe even ending it to explore her being bisexual. I wouldn’t be shocked by a thing at this point honestly oytside of them reaffirming their relationship.
    If they are only going to turn around an end the relationship, now that Coates' BP is done, I would rather they not have even revisited that relationship. How the hell hard is long distancing dating with the world of comics? Hell, you even have people who have long distance marriages. If they want the relationship to continue, it will. If not, it won't. As a fan of the relationship, however, I hate being teased by the relationship again for it to end so soon.

If they are only going to turn around an end the relationship, now that Coates' BP is done, I would rather they not have even revisited that relationship. How the hell hard is long distancing dating with the world of comics? Hell, you even have people who have long distance marriages. If they want the relationship to continue, it will. If not, it won't. As a fan of the relationship, however, I hate being teased by the relationship again for it to end so soon.
    Exactly to all of this. The Xmen have always been about drama just look at the mess going on with logan/scott/emma/jean. I dont want that for Ororo. They don't have to be married but the dynamic Coates set up for them both i thought was very nice rimantically speaking. Hopefully this is not the direction they take her down but that Marauders cover where she is dancing with death doesn't give me much faith in them.

Exactly to all of this. The Xmen have always been about drama just look at the mess going on with logan/scott/emma/jean. I dont want that for Ororo. They don't have to be married but the dynamic Coates set up for them both i thought was very nice rimantically speaking. Hopefully this is not the direction they take her down but that Marauders cover where she is dancing with death doesn't give me much faith in them.

I do think Coates established that a long distance relationship with them can work, if writers are willing or interested in writing it that way. Every time I see the cover with Ororo and Death, I always that of Black Panther. The visual similarities are obvious, IMO. But, even in the interview, the X Swords writers admitted to Marvel covers being misleading, so who knows about that cover. I also wonder if the reason Coates' last couple of issues were pushed back until next year was that he was asked to make changes to his original script.

I hope they cut that cord. T'challa has his own franchise to focus on, he doesn't need Ororo flying in out of nowhere to goddess the problems away before floating back to the X-Men. In an alternate universe they could work, in terms of the current Marvel comics\MCU, they are on completely separate paths.

If the MCU were going to recast T'challa with a new actor in the 25-30 range, and cast Ororo with an actress in the 20-25 range, I would be more open to them continuing in the comics, but let's be real. They will not. And the Coates run is not going to be remembered fondly or referenced much in the future. Both he and Hudlin failed with the couple despite being given a ton of creative license. And barring a huge leap, they won't happen in the MCU. The experiment has failed. Let it rest, and just build up each character as best as they can be, separately.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope they cut that cord. T'challa has his own franchise to focus on, he doesn't need Ororo flying in out of nowhere to goddess the problems away before floating back to the X-Men. In an alternate universe they could work, in terms of the current Marvel comics\MCU, they are on completely separate paths.

If the MCU were going to recast T'challa with a new actor in the 25-30 range, and cast Ororo with an actress in the 20-25 range, I would be more open to them continuing in the comics, but let's be real. They will not. And the Coates run is not going to be remembered fondly or referenced much in the future. Both he and Hudlin failed with the couple despite being given a ton of creative license. And barring a huge leap, they won't happen in the MCU. The experiment has failed. Let it rest, and just build up each character as best as they can be, separately.
    That's where I'm at. Vita is black so having them be the one to pull the trigger and break Storm/T'Challa up in one issue might be better than having Gerry doing it, at least from an optics standpoint. I like to think they're a professional and won't **** on T'Challa and Wakanda in the process (this is an X-book after all) but at the end of the day an amicable separation is good enough for me.

Plenty of qualified men at the X-offices can take on Storm and as you said, the current state of the MCU makes their pairing unlikely. Even if Disney recasts T'Challa (and there's a good chance they don't) they'll cast someone as closely as possible to Boseman so as to not disorient audiences more than necessary. Meaning T'Challa remains in his late thirties-early forties while Storm probably won't be any older than 35. They're more likely to put her with Forge or Logan at this point than T'Challa even before Boseman's tragic passing.

Plus it's hard to say what Coates had in store for them in his last 3 issues. He already planted the seeds for some trouble in their romance with stuff like Nakia. She may be dead, but Storm has made clear she has other responsibilities. We know from the X-books Krakoa has a policy of regime change in non-treaty nations and T'Challa may respect Krakoa's meaning for mutants but has shown no indication of accepting their deal.

For all we know Coates' last issue was them breaking up. They're on different paths and with the inevitable relaunch of the BP books in 2021-2022 and claims that Storm is gonna be a major player in the X-books after XoS, they should be fully immersed in their own franchises.

I do think Coates established that a long distance relationship with them can work, if writers are willing or interested in writing it that way. Every time I see the cover with Ororo and Death, I always that of Black Panther. The visual similarities are obvious, IMO. But, even in the interview, the X Swords writers admitted to Marvel covers being misleading, so who knows about that cover. I also wonder if the reason Coates' last couple of issues were pushed back until next year was that he was asked to make changes to his original script.
    thats an interesting theory about his script being changed. but duggan mentioned they were trying to wait for his story to be done before trying to to do his thing in marauders so I'm not quite sure. it can work if writers care enough to make it work. for instance why didn't ororo reach out to tchslla about her techno virus? he's like one of the world's greatest mind but she didnt think to talk to him about that? its things like this that make me unsure that is what the xoffices ultimately want to do.

That's where I'm at. Vita is black so having them be the one to pull the trigger and break Storm/T'Challa up in one issue might be better than having Gerry doing it, at least from an optics standpoint. I like to think they're a professional and won't **** on T'Challa and Wakanda in the process (this is an X-book after all) but at the end of the day an amicable separation is good enough for me.

Plenty of qualified men at the X-offices can take on Storm and as you said, the current state of the MCU makes their pairing unlikely. Even if Disney recasts T'Challa (and there's a good chance they don't) they'll cast someone as closely as possible to Boseman so as to not disorient audiences more than necessary. Meaning T'Challa remains in his late thirties-early forties while Storm probably won't be any older than 35. They're more likely to put her with Forge or Logan at this point than T'Challa even before Boseman's tragic passing.

Plus it's hard to say what Coates had in store for them in his last 3 issues. He already planted the seeds for some trouble in their romance with stuff like Nakia. She may be dead, but Storm has made clear she has other responsibilities. We know from the X-books Krakoa has a policy of regime change in non-treaty nations and T'Challa may respect Krakoa's meaning for mutants but has shown no indication of accepting their deal.

For all we know his last issue was them breaking up. They're on different paths and with the inevitable relaunch of the BP books in 2021-2022 and claims that Storm is gonna be a major player in the X-books after XoS, they should be fully immersed in their own franchises.
    nahhh I dont see them breaking them up in one issue like this I mean for what? vita would have to pull something crazy dramatic to do this because as of last they were together the two of them were fine and in love.

Astonishing Member

nahhh I dont see them breaking them up in one issue like this I mean for what? vita would have to pull something crazy dramatic to do this because as of last they were together the two of them were fine and in love.
    I mean it is a bit shady that there's an issue of her visiting her boyfriend's place, there's a panel of her boyfriend looking sad, and the very next issue she's dancing sensually with a whole different man lol. I'm not saying they're broken up, but something must've changed and I doubt it was T'Challa proposing again.

When does Coates run even take place? You have T'challa lost in the future for who knows how long, then he's back and there is some space opera war with Venom or something, but meanwhile T'challa is leading the Avengers and Ororo is a leader on Krakoa, a pirate, and dying of a robot virus? I mean, wtf?

Their relationship has no cohesion between themselves OR their respective teams\the universe at large.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-14-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I mean it is a bit shady that there's an issue of her visiting her boyfriend's place, there's a panel of her boyfriend looking sad, and the very next issue she's dancing sensually with a whole different man lol. I'm not saying they're broken up, but something must've changed and I doubt it was T'Challa proposing again.
    I agree to all of this. I'm trying to reserve further frustrations until the issues come out buy the xoffices definitely look like they are playing their games again with these two. im not here 4 any of it.

When does Coates run even take place? You have T'challa lost in the future for who knows how long, then he's back and there is some space opera war with Venom or something, but meanwhile T'challa is leading the Avengers and Ororo is a leader on Krakoa, a pirate, and dying of a robot virus? I mean, wtf?
    its definitely occurring in the hickman xmen as storm is mentioned during xmen duties for krakoa by shuri.

Astonishing Member

Time doesn't move differently for black characters at Marvel. T'Challa's in space while being an Avenger the same way Thor is a herald of Galactus yet still an Avenger. Characters with solos who make appearances in other books exist incoherently 24/7 unless there's an event that forces them to do otherwise. T'Challa was gone for what a few weeks (1-2 months) in-universe? So we can assume most of this run happens either in between his adventures with the Avengers or before the most recent run started. There's A LOT wrong with the Coates run but I don't think its placement in the time scale is one of them.