Page 441 of 613 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    another review gave it a 5 out of 5

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/09...storm-issue-1/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Storm is for the arts AND the charts

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Storm is for the arts AND the charts
    yes maam honey!!! it seems to be a hit!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

another review gave it a 5 out of 5

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/09...storm-issue-1/

All of this: "Rounding out the artistic team is Wilson on colors. He handles the different settings with care, bathing Krakoa in golden light to make it the paradise it’s been described as and featuring a fuchsia-colored sky for the World. Most importantly, he gives Storm’s skin the rich dark hue it needs. Ororo Munroe is a dark-skinned African woman, and very few colorists seem to remember that; thankfully Wilson is among the ones who do. He also gives the proper weight to her weather powers, especially her lightning-it hits with the full force that you’d expect actual lightning to."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    All of this: "Rounding out the artistic team is Wilson on colors. He handles the different settings with care, bathing Krakoa in golden light to make it the paradise it’s been described as and featuring a fuchsia-colored sky for the World. Most importantly, he gives Storm’s skin the rich dark hue it needs. Ororo Munroe is a dark-skinned African woman, and very few colorists seem to remember that; thankfully Wilson is among the ones who do. He also gives the proper weight to her weather powers, especially her lightning-it hits with the full force that you’d expect actual lightning to."
    i mean that was and our cyberbullying of righteous justice, but yes

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I think if the virus wasnt a part of something larger, tchalla and shuri should have absolutly gotten involved, however the next time someone gets infected or something similar by the children of the vault, having the Intel from The World that ororo and her team aquired as a means to fight back and balance the scales, is better than just asking for wakandan resources to solve a threat to mutants , does it make sense?
    I do think that it's important that a mutant was able to solve the techno-virus issue. I do, however, not see how it being a mutant-specific virus would prevent someone with the genius minds of T'Challa and Shuri from not being able to also tackle the issue. It isn't as if there aren't Wakandan mutants or being a mutant is new. They would know about mutant physiology. Now, I'm not saying Hickman should've leaned into those characters. I am, however, saying that a line or two acknowledging this very obvious brain trust resource for Ororo seems like a huge omission. There is no good reason why she would not have reached out to them. In fact, it would've been unintelligent for her not to exhaust all of her resources.

Astonishing Member

I thought genesis and the masked classidied woman were fighting and genesis was killed by her?
    Yea but that card could just be a depiction of their duality. It doesn’t necessarily mean Genesis is gonna make an appearance (at least alive). But I think Storm is related to either one of them. Genesis was presumably Egyptian and we know that they are at least somewhat similar because they both uplift up their people’s. Annihilation however is a dark skinned goddess, which is what Storm declares she is in the Giant-Size. I see an argument for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The problem with it is that it shouldnt have been one issue. While you thought the story was slow, I think it could have been expanded and been at least a 3 part mini. The GS Jean/Emma issue serving as issue one and this as th finale, which I would have had take exclusively as the battle in The World. I think we didnt really get a middle part to this story arc
    The Giant Size issues should have all logically built to this. The “Nightcrawler” issue was really about Cypher anyway so they could have just focused on him more. Replace Magneto with Monet in issue 3 and then we would have seen how intuitive she is, foreshadowing that she would be the one to find a solution. With those quick changes the whole thing would have been more cohesive.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea but that card could just be a depiction of their duality. It doesn’t necessarily mean Genesis is gonna make an appearance (at least alive). But I think Storm is related to either one of them. Genesis was presumably Egyptian and we know that they are at least somewhat similar because they both uplift up their people’s. Annihilation however is a dark skinned goddess, which is what Storm declares she is in the Giant-Size. I see an argument for both.
    perhaps. I need to reread the issue again but it should be interesting to see how things pan out.

oan: there are a few who are speculating the Giant size issue will result in a storm clone.... not sure what i think about that

Claremont will return to write Storm again

My key takeaways from the Giant Size Issue:

- Loved that Ororo was not resolved to accepting death because of the resurrection. The insight to why she valued life was very powerful.

- I liked that Ororo and Monet were working together for the goal of saving Ororo's life. Seeing black women characters not being snippy and shady with one another was really nice to see.

- Ororo being a leader without being obnoxious about said role was also nice to see. (Kitty take note)

- Ororo mentioning the environment and taking out all the machines attacking them before collapsing due to the virus was really nice.

- Ororo claiming that she was a mutant then follower by her proclaiming "No" and then stating she was a goddess definitely gave me subtle reference to Mr. Coates writing where he states Ororo bloodline and connection to divinity goes deeper than any mutation. That was perhaps the best moment for me.

Overall, it was a cool issue but not great; however, seeing that this was described by Hivkman/Duaterman as a setup for things to come for her i thought it was a cool setup issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ennh!...I guess he has to earn his keep. Marvel aren't paying him to twiddle his thumbs.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Claremont will return to write Storm again

thanks for sharing. I wonder will this be similar to the gold book we got a few years back where it takes place in different periods of the xlore. if that cover is right looks like we will get another deaged storm with gambit story.

I’ve spent the day reading others’ responses to the issue and trying to formulate why I felt so out of place with them. @butterflykss, I agree with almost everything you said, and almost everything that’s said here: https://www.xavierfiles.com/2020/09/...x-men-storm-1/. I just felt like although there were great Storm buts, things were resolved too quickly, without *enough* Storm throughout the whole series, and I just felt...let down by the storyline in general. I had big hopes for this issue, and I can’t give it more than a 3.5/5. Sorry, guys.

Yooo our girl transmute a technological enviorment and used it's micro organisms to create wind in the world and gave it as a gift. Badass.

Whoo and the way she rose into the air as she was transmuting it, which imo the power use is what made the virus kick in faster. She. DID. THAT.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/