Page 444 of 613 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Is she talking to us the audience in this panel?
    Something about the way Ororo's words are phrased reminds me of the way she was speaking in the Shuri miniseries, when her Godhead was activated by cave mushrooms (or something like that). Anyone else notice that or am I trippin'?

Also, best panel ever!
    I agree with you. Also how she was in the sky was very similar. I peeped that too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Right. I find it funny that Hickman can use this development of Ororo in BP to his benefit but not once, as far as I know, acknowledge her relationship. Smh.
    Hickman has written them as a couple in both his FF and New Avengers. His T'challa is much better than his Ororo. It was in those stories that I realized he doesn't like her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. The big thing for me is that storm took this planet's environment which being an artificial world was made out of machinery and controlled the primal forces that made up this environment, machinery, and altered it into what would be this world's equivalency of wind.
    hmmm ok I think we are honestly saying the same thing. machinery or forces that comprise it would be electrical, mechanical, and well as electomagnetic i would imagine so it would not odd that those forces a part of this would would include magnetism.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hickman has written them as a couple in both his FF and New Avengers. His T'challa is much better than his Ororo. It was in those stories that I realized he doesn't like her.
    Yeah the only place i would want to be if the world was ending but not telling her the world was ending was like "really bro"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

we are basically saying the same thing we are just seeing it in our minds differently. but i'm pretty sure we agree. lol my mind just doesn't delve into magnetisum and instead goes into depth into how storm's weather powers could be in a way terra forming an artificial life. I thought it was small but kind of cool because it made me think of the Trion dimension and how Storm's powers work where she goes to a new world and it adjusts and she adjusts to be able to use her powers to affect whatever the primal forces of any world is. In the World those primal forces just happened to be machinery. Everything there was machinery so these where phenoms she was creating based on her attunement with this completely technology world and we saw how she analyzed it's bits. It could have huge ramifications for the phalanx or other technological enviornments. She can be a virus to machinery.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Right. I find it funny that Hickman can use this development of Ororo in BP to his benefit but not once, as far as I know, acknowledge her relationship. Smh.
    Yes in the hickman xmen era I think their relationship was only very lightly alluded to by Hodari
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The art was amazt. Every page. They really paid alot time attention to her. Nothing but lips cheekbones and hair. I mean from the first page and seeing the T.O in her eyes. Perfect.
    I wonder what modification and ideas Emma was talking about?
    I laughed at Storm footing the bill to save her own life, and kinda impress she has the bucks to do so.
    The action seem to happen off panel which was a bummer, but we got alot of Monet and Cypher.
    I love how the Aim looked just like me in my apartment. And stayed behind like I would have.
    Storm prove why shes the Goddess of Life and Balance with her reasoning to not simply be resurrected.
    Gifting wind to the world, was just....(insert lost for words here)
    Each splash page was worth is.

I also thought of the Trion feat.

My problem with this part was that Ororo spent a whole 'year' with Logan in the World when they were dating. She was even worshiped as a goddess-queen by the natives. Her powers didn't seem to be altered in that story. The fact that everyone can interpret the feat differently, and that it doesn't really jive with previously established canon, makes it a bit clunky.

Last edited by yogaflame; 09-16-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It was decent, after reading the four previous giant-size issues I had a good idea of how this would turn out so I can't say I was disappointed, it met my expectations. My fear of the other characters taking focus away from Storm was somewhat realized, but I like Monet and Doug, so that softened the blow. Even Ned was funny, although ultimately pointless. Ororo performed some amazing feats, and her monologue felt very wise and powerful. I loved her acknowledging herself as a goddess. A small part of me was hoping that something unexpected would occur, that Storm would come out of this adventure with an elevated status or power level. Instead, everything went exactly as planned, no twists or turns, and the solution was very straightforward. It's obvious that the subplots about Doug and Warlock, the TO virus, and Fantomex's brother are going to be more important in the long run than anything that happened to Storm. All of the beautiful art of our girl from Dauterman was definitely the highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I thought this was underwhelming, but like some others, since the previous Giant Sizes were so flat and dull, I just didn't really care how mediocre I found it. Fantastic art though. I still don't see how this was setting up a new direction for Storm in the X-books. I am not seeing anything that hints at something greater.
    I thought this part hinted at something greater for Storm:

"The problem with how this machine works is, in this case, you're leaving behind a pure technological construct that's been exposed to the same temporal forces that Storm was... There's no telling what it could become if it expanded at will"

The virus was majorly warped by temporal forces. Storm should have undergone major changes as well. Hopefully, they follow up on this during XoS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yes in the hickman xmen era I think their relationship was only very lightly alluded to by Hodari
    Yea that's about the most he's done so far. I don't think he's a big fan of the relationship so much as he kinda needs to use it depending on the story. His FF Black Panther arc was about T'Challa becoming King of the Dead, and outside a tender moment between the two of them, Storm (as well as Shuri and Sue) was irrelevant.

She was T'Challa's wife so she had to be in the story. In New Avengers I just think he didn't want T'Challa to go back to Wakanda to face his family before the incursion so he had him hook up with Storm. But I don't think he has any particular dislike for their romance either.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-16-2020 at 07:13 PM.

All of this: "Rounding out the artistic team is Wilson on colors. He handles the different settings with care, bathing Krakoa in golden light to make it the paradise it’s been described as and featuring a fuchsia-colored sky for the World. Most importantly, he gives Storm’s skin the rich dark hue it needs. Ororo Munroe is a dark-skinned African woman, and very few colorists seem to remember that; thankfully Wilson is among the ones who do. He also gives the proper weight to her weather powers, especially her lightning-it hits with the full force that you’d expect actual lightning to."
    I don't think Storm was ever dark dark like Naomi Campbell but I think she was more brown skinned like maybe Janet or just a little darker brown like Angela Bassett. Now I only wonder when it comes to movie time will they finally give our queen blue eyes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

He referenced the relationship in X-Men 04 when Xavier, Magneto and •--[A]--• were at the World Summit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I also thought of the Trion feat.

My problem with this part was that Ororo spent a whole 'year' with Logan in the World when they were dating. She was even worshiped as a goddess-queen by the natives. Her powers didn't seem to be altered in that story. The fact that everyone can interpret the feat differently, and that it doesn't really jive with previously established canon, makes it a bit clunky.

I try to forget that story but then one could also say that may have been thousands or even millions of years ago in world time.

The trion thing really stood out to me because i felt this issue showed why storm is an omega. The universe is an environment. Be it technological or natural ororo's powers are to bend those rules to create forces of nature. It was a very simple yet deep view at her powers like the trion thing for me.

so it makes me think what happens if Storm enters the phalanx environment or the environment of some other civilization, once she knows the fundamentals of how it is built and organized to support it's environment, she can wrest control of it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Glad you got a copy. I had to cut out the stress, a while back, of getting physical comics. Now, I simply buy online. I had mine on my Kindle app right after it dropped EST. I'm too impatient to do what you did today.
    see I have to have physical copies. They could be worth something in the later years