Page 452 of 613 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    I think Hickman just doesn’t know who storm his or doesn’t care she’s has just as much mouth as Emma but more classy and is just as fearless as Wolverine and hopefully now that she’s back to her normal self we’ll see that confident do whatever it takes leader she used to be
    I agree with the characterization here. I did like the sass shr gave enma when she mentioned all she does is talk. I thought that was a nice moment.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I think Hickman just doesn’t know who storm his or doesn’t care she’s has just as much mouth as Emma but more classy and is just as fearless as Wolverine and hopefully now that she’s back to her normal self we’ll see that confident do whatever it takes leader she used to be
    I'm not sure how you wanting a more mouthy Storm translates to Hickman not knowing how to write Storm.

All in all I don't think the story being told in giant size or her speech House of X called for a sassy Storm

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with the characterization here. I did like the sass shr gave enma when she mentioned all she does is talk. I thought that was a nice moment.
    I liked it as well but some someone saying you should just let yourself die and be Resurrected Into a better version deserved a stronger reaction Then (you talk a lot) should of dragged her lol

I liked it as well but some someone saying you should just let yourself die and be Resurrected Into a better version deserved a stronger reaction Then (you talk a lot) should of dragged her lol
    so it was very subtle but when ororo was talking to Jean her eyes were blue but as soon a emma started talking slick her eyes went white. I think ororo was ready to give her them hands but then monet came in with a solution. I just love ororo doesn't f with emma. it makes my heart smile:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Yup I think she's beginning to suffer from the same unfair perception people have of Jean, that she's boring or can't add some levity to a book. Storm has as quick a tongue as Emma and arguably is more arrogant (even though she internalizes it) but her lack of personality as of late has tainted how many writers view her. Hickman would probably have a field day with X-Treme X-Men's Storm, not so much with IvX Storm. Maybe whenever she begins taking a more permanently prominent role we'll see her develop more.

so it was very subtle but when ororo was talking to Jean her eyes were blue but as soon a emma started talking slick her eyes went white. I think ororo was ready to give her them hands but then monet came in with a solution. I just love ororo doesn't f with emma. it makes my heart smile:

LOL...at that struggle ponytail. Dautermann gives her hair volume

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup I think she's beginning to suffer from the same unfair perception people have of Jean, that she's boring or can't add some levity to a book. Storm has as quick a tongue as Emma and arguably is more arrogant (even though she internalizes it) but her lack of personality as of late has tainted how many writers view her. Hickman would probably have a field day with X-Treme X-Men's Storm, not so much with IvX Storm.
    I dont get the sense she is boring though. did you see what she in marauders?

its been far from perfect but we are still getting glimpses of edgy fiesty storm.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-21-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...at that struggle ponytail. Dautermann gives her hair volume
    yea thst pony is pathetic. lolol

I dont getbthe sense she is boring though. did you see what she in marauders?

its been far from perfect but we are still getting glimpses of edgy fiesty storm.
    Has she? I am genuinely asking. I dropped Marauders once Duggan thought Storm summoning lightning was her "stealing the show" back in 4 or 5. I wish Marauders featured more characters I liked such as Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler etc. Then I might be more inclined to stick with it. As it is, I find the plot lacking and full of too many characters I am indifferent to or just couldn't give a **** about.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm not sure how you wanting a more mouthy Storm translates to Hickman not knowing how to write Storm.

All in all I don't think the story being told in giant size or her speech House of X called for a sassy Storm
    What I’m saying is she barley gets moments to be sassy or have a attitude or cry or disagree or just get mad and blow away a city block storm has been to tame lately and has been a c list side character instead of a A list hero but this is my opinion if you like current storm good for u I just want a bit more layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Has she? I am genuinely asking. I dropped Marauders once Duggan thought Storm summoning lightning was her "stealing the show" back in 4 or 5. I wish Marauders featured more characters I liked such as Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler etc. Then I might be more inclined to stick with it. As it is, I find the plot lacking and full of too many characters I am indifferent to or just couldn't give a **** about.
    honestly no its not a great book as it mostly centers around emma and kitty. ororo has had little moments but nothing to write home about. the reason I liked that particular moment is that it called back to her outback days when she didn't mind cutting a b*tch when she needed to but your decision to drop it i am totally aligned to. im curious to see how vita handles her in issue 13.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup I think she's beginning to suffer from the same unfair perception people have of Jean, that she's boring or can't add some levity to a book. Storm has as quick a tongue as Emma and arguably is more arrogant (even though she internalizes it) but her lack of personality as of late has tainted how many writers view her. Hickman would probably have a field day with X-Treme X-Men's Storm, not so much with IvX Storm. Maybe whenever she begins taking a more permanently prominent role we'll see her develop more.
    You 100% get what I’m saying this is a mutant,goddess,queen,thief, Sorceress,weather witch, Martial artist, there’s plenty to work with To make her interesting

You 100% get what I’m saying this is a mutant,goddess,queen,thief, Sorceress,weather witch, Martial artist, there’s plenty to work with To make her interesting
    hmmm hmmm. the question is why do they not want to play wit some of these tidbits? for me especially the goddess part? vita's issue will reveal for me at least what they are willing to do. if there is no mention of her relationship to tchalla and no mention of her being a goddess that will be most telling that this is not what they wish to explore.

hmmm hmmm. the question is why do they not want to play wit some of these tidbits? for me especially the goddess part? vita's issue will reveal for me at least what they are willing to do. if there is no mention of her relationship to tchalla and no mention of her being a goddess that will be most telling that this is not what they wish to explore.
    It probably just doesn’t fit there narrative at the moment but we’ll now for sure when Marauders#13 comes out

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The franchise is not called Storm and the X-men. Or, Storm-Men. Or, S-Men. She doesn't have a solo book where that one writer can focus on her sassy, Goddess-Queen thief martial-artist qualities...not even Claremont gave us all of that continuously.
    The X-writers are writing many other characters in addition to Storm. Those writers who are writing her...Duggan in Marauders, HiX-Man sporadically in X-Men still have to write a balanced story involving other characters along side Storm. And again, unless the story particularly calls for her to be centre stage then she's not going to be the driving and dominant voice some of you desperately need.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!