Page 459 of 613 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Im a big fan of Ororo and betsy's friendship, so I hope we see them interact as fellow sword champions
    The last time they interacted on panel was when Betsy stabbed her in the head in UXM?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The last time they interacted on panel was when Betsy stabbed her in the head in UXM?
    Yeah and I hope you aren't going to create a "betsy actually hates ororo" because she almost got fish and chips deep fried by lighting to free her/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm let it be known that she doesnt f--k with Emma. She had a moment of weakness when she was grieving Kitty but that hasnt changed their relationship. Emma still tries her (as recently as the GS issue) and Storm shows hostility. Storm tolerates her but she will never call Emma a friend
    I would also echo this as it relates to Ororo and Emma.

Emma is envious of Ororo. Ororo is everything Emma has ever wanted that she couldn't naturally be. Emma is a fake queen, she is a fake beauty, and she isn't respected to the degree Ororo is. Therefore, Emma takes shots a lot of times to try and mask her insecurities.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm let it be known that she doesnt f--k with Emma. She had a moment of weakness when she was grieving Kitty but that hasnt changed their relationship. Emma still tries her (as recently as the GS issue) and Storm shows hostility. Storm tolerates her but she will never call Emma a friend
    Yeah I’m totally fine with that staying the status quo. Not everyone needs to be friends and Emma can be trifling as hell (stuck up, wealthy white ladies are also not my cup of tea).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The way I see them...While clearly not champagne (one thing they both have in common btw) buddies, their relationship has grown way past "tolerance" (that's so petty, when you really think on it) into mutual respect (long before) and (as of recently with Kate's death) understanding. They are fully aware of the fundamental differences between them and that's why they will never be close friends. But they've clearly moved beyond the petty snark and bitching that Warren Ellis corrupted them with.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The way I see them...While clearly not champagne (one thing they both have in common btw) buddies, their relationship has grown way past "tolerance" (that's so petty, when you really think on it) into mutual respect (long before) and (as of recently with Kate's death) understanding. They are fully aware of the fundamental differences between them and that's why they will never be close friends. But they've clearly moved beyond the petty snark and bitching that Warren Ellis corrupted them with.
    Duggan had Storm flat out say she wanted absolutely nothing to do with Emma at the start of Maraurders. She didnt even want to tolerate being in the same space as her unless she needed to (Council meeting). Their hug following Kitty's death was the first moment that we saw Storm let her guard down in that book. I dont think it was unfair to say Storm tolerated her bc that was the case prior to the confrontation. Hickman has reinforced that in his GS issues which capture Duggan's stance on the characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m totally fine with that staying the status quo. Not everyone needs to be friends and Emma can be trifling as hell (stuck up, wealthy white ladies are also not my cup of tea).
    Exactly. It’s ok if there’s one person on Krakoa who never truly accepts Emma. Not all women need to get along, not all black people need to get along, not all gays need to get along. Emma did things that Storm for one reason or another won’t ever truly let go. She dislikes her personality and her constant jabs (except the good-natured ones). There’s nothing wrong with them having an underlying respect and understanding but keeping their distance unless the circumstances require it. That’s realistic and the type of characterization that gives characters some genuine personality.

They had moved past that "tolerance" long before Duggan came on board.
    I personally found her remarks towards Emma in M01 to not ring true based on their interactions long before. I understand what he was going for but...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They had moved past that "tolerance" long before Duggan came on board.
    I personally found her remarks towards Emma in M01 to not ring true based on their interactions long before. I understand what he was going for but...
    They had but I think they had a setback with the stuff that happened in IvX and the X-men Black issue, not to mention Storm likely found out about Emma's actions during Rosenberg's run. Emma had a very recent history of using, manipulating and playing Storm for a fool, so she not trusting her at the start of Maraurders made sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    exactly. everyone doesnt need to like each other and in the case of Ororo and Emma it is completely understandable and accurate they be depicted as tolerating each other. Havok83 is absolutely correct here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

They had but I think they had a setback with the stuff that happened in IvX and the X-men Black issue, not to mention Storm likely found out about Emma's actions during Rosenberg's run. Emma had a very recent history of using, manipulating and playing Storm for a fool, so she not trusting her at the start of Maraurders made sense to me
    Ahhh!
    Yes...Rosenberg's character assassinations (literally and figuratively) garbage. I had forgotten that.
    I can see how Duggan might definitely be influenced by that story....a pity he didn't ignore it as he should.

Never forget. Thank you Mr. Coates for your contributions to Storm mythos as we wouldn't be here without you!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Never forget. Thank you Mr. Coates for your contributions to Storm mythos as we wouldn't be here without you!!!!!

People will conveniently "forget" that Coates was the one who pushed this particular character growth, while others, who don't read BP will never know, giving undeserved credit to current X-writers. Smh. I am interested, yet also concerned, to see what happens when Storm goes to Wakanda under an author not Coates.

BANNED

so vita's mauraders ?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    People will conveniently "forget" that Coates was the one who pushed this particular character growth, while others, who don't read BP will never know, giving undeserved credit to current X-writers. Smh. I am interested, yet also concerned, to see what happens when Storm goes to Wakanda under an author not Coates.
    The points you made here is why I will always attempt to bring awareness to what he singlehandedly did for the character. The xoffices had zero idea what to do with her as evident by her characterization following her annulled marriage and the events of AvX. Coates swooped in like a thief in the night and gave her the biggest development she's had in the modern era. It is encouraging that we have seen subtle and ambiguous references to her being a goddess but to ensure this narrative doesn't die after coates is officially done writing her those elements need to continue in the Hickman books, and boldly so unambiguously.

Also, I'm concerned as well on what Vita will do. I'm rooting for them i really am.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-25-2020 at 02:19 PM.