Page 471 of 613 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm glad its demonstrating that Wakanda and Krakoa are not at odds with each other. There was a lot of misinformation coming from individuals claiming the xmen/krakoa/storm were supremacists and were not on good terms with Wakanda and this lays to rest that mess. I'm not sure why there was such talk honestly in the first place.

I hope Hodari doesn't try anything to betray the royal family. he has been very loyal to them.
    Because some people wanted to paint Storm and the X-Men as some sort of culty mutant supervillians and tried to use Wakanda as some sort of morality test for some reason.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I could understand the concern because you'd think that with T'Challa and Storm's relationship he'd show support for Krakoa, especially since in X-Men Red he supported a mutant nation. But the explanation they gave makes sense; Wakanda has their own drugs so they don't accept the deal and have any foreign leverage over them. And with X-Men #4 and now this preview I think we can soundly put to rest this idea there's tension or any desire for war (for now at least lol)

It's just he sounded real petty about being ignored. Like he coulda just left and not said anything lol. Referring to himself in the third person and trying to act all submissive seems like he's desperate for attention. I don't wanna say he'll betray the royal family, but that raises a few red flags for me.

I think this concern would be if the interactions these nations have had are ignored. The Wakandan/Krakoans had a friendly race against each other. As we saw in Black Panther, Ororo was actively fighting for both wakanda and krakoa. Also, Wakanda is a prideful nation so declining to take Krakoa on their offer shouldnt be farfetched. What i saw some say was storm was a mutant supremacist.

hmmm let me read that exchange again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I think this concern would be if the interactions these nations have had are ignored. The Wakandan/Krakoans had a friendly race against each other. As we saw in Black Panther, Ororo was actively fighting for both wakanda and krakoa. Also, Wakanda is a prideful nation so declining to take Krakoa on their offer shouldnt be farfetched. What i saw some say was storm was a mutant supremacist.

hmmm let me read that exchange again.
    Yea as usual people jump to conclusions to fit their own agenda. They either hate Ororo and want to cast her as some supremacist, hate T'Challa and want to make him some bigot, or they hate them together and make up reasons for their countries to have problems with each other. Anyone who's actually read BP or DOX knows they don't have beef right now.

I'm telling you, calling yourself a humble servant and talking about the "time he was given" looks like he's mad he didn't get enough time lol. I'm just guessing here, it could mean nothing.

Hodari looking mad hurt in that one panel. I don't trust him lol.

As usual we got the questionable coloring for Ororo.

That Shuri seemed more than willing to help is a good sign for Wakanda-Krakoa relations. We'll see how she reacts when Ororo wants to use her ancestor's sword.
    Looks good now but I still don't trust an X-writer not to do something rotten.

A couple of panels isn't enough to wash away the stink they have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Looks good now but I still don't trust an X-writer not to do something rotten.

A couple of panels isn't enough to wash away the stink they have.
    Vita wrote Shuri and unlike Okorafor I don't remember them shitting on T'Challa or Wakanda in order to make the character look good. I haven't read much else by them but they're black so I'm a bit more hopeful they'll treat T'Challa and Wakanda with respect.

Then again Coates is black and he's a bigger blight on the mythos than any B-list X-writer so we'll have to wait and see. It's just one issue and if at the end T'Chall and Storm separate on somewhat good terms I consider it a win for the future relaunch.

this is no longer a game. we need answers:

https://www.gamesradar.com/when-will...series-return/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thanks for sharing. First, shout out to whoever used Rest in Power on the cover to honor Boseman. As far as the preview, I like that they get straight to why Ororo is there. my little quibble is the formality of her arrival. Sorry, the whole idea that Ororo would have to petition to see Shuri and Ramonda seems absurd at this point in their relationship, especially since, in Coates' run, Wakanda is like Ororo's second home. But, moving on . . . Ramonda and Shuri seem ready to help, but they don't yet know her request. Once they do, that might change.
    Of course beloved!!! I thought that was really nice. I still can't believe he is gone. its just such a sad situation all around. And I was trying not to be negative Nancy but you are hitting on tge bad taste it left me in my mouth. She's went to soace and back for tge country so that petitioning to talk with the royal family doesn't make any sense. Her referring to tchalla as king versus his name or beloved didn't sit well with me either.

I guess it will be revealed why and how she even knows they have the sword hit maybe they would have some reservation with her using it bssed upon what happened to its last user. Like what if the power of the sword resorted in the last user's death? I dint imagine this will end without conflict but here's to hoping the opposite occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Because some people wanted to paint Storm and the X-Men as some sort of culty mutant supervillians and tried to use Wakanda as some sort of morality test for some reason.
    yup exactly. I primarily think it was used in that manner for those who argue storm shouldn't be with black panther but it simply proves their petty intentions were not based in fact.

Yea as usual people jump to conclusions to fit their own agenda. They either hate Ororo and want to cast her as some supremacist, hate T'Challa and want to make him some bigot, or they hate them together and make up reasons for their countries to have problems with each other. Anyone who's actually read BP or DOX knows they don't have beef right now.

I'm telling you, calling yourself a humble servant and talking about the "time he was given" looks like he's mad he didn't get enough time lol. I'm just guessing here, it could mean nothing.
    Yes agreed to everything you said in the first part but I'm still not seeing what you mean with Hodari lol. I'm going to read again lolol

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Ororo's phrasing of "I am in need of my sword," is interesting. It could be taken in a couple different ways. When I first read the line, it seemed as if she is saying the sword she needs to use for the contest is hers; hence the possessive use of "my." Like she already has as sword that belongs to her and it's in Wakanda. I guess another way of looking at that line is that she knows she must use a specific sword and the "my" is more in line with she can't use any other sword than that one for the contest.

I'm glad its demonstrating that Wakanda and Krakoa are not at odds with each other. There was a lot of misinformation coming from individuals claiming the xmen/krakoa/storm were supremacists and were not on good terms with Wakanda and this lays to rest that mess. I'm not sure why there was such talk honestly in the first place.

I hope Hodari doesn't try anything to betray the royal family. he has been very loyal to them.
    I wouldn't say good terms. If someone besides Storm cam asking for help, they'd probably be told no.

At best there in a diplomatic non aggression situation. At least on panel, they still haven't recognized Krakoa like they did with Jean.

this is no longer a game. we need answers:

https://www.gamesradar.com/when-will...series-return/
    I think the person who wrote this missed that tweet from the EiC where he said it would be back in some form in 2021. Probably waiting for some coorospnong announcement to boost pre-order sales.

Of course beloved!!! I thought that was really nice. I still can't believe he is gone. its just such a sad situation all around. And I was trying not to be negative Nancy but you are hitting on tge bad taste it left me in my mouth. She's went to soace and back for tge country so that petitioning to talk with the royal family doesn't make any sense. Her referring to tchalla as king versus his name or beloved didn't sit well with me either.
    I thought it was just me. Shuri referring to her as Storm (informal) instead of Ororo (more personal) really didn't sit well with me. I would think with such a personal relationship they have they would refer to each other on a personal level.

Thanks for sharing. First, shout out to whoever used Rest in Power on the cover to honor Boseman. As far as the preview, I like that they get straight to why Ororo is there. my little quibble is the formality of her arrival. Sorry, the whole idea that Ororo would have to petition to see Shuri and Ramonda seems absurd at this point in their relationship, especially since, in Coates' run, Wakanda is like Ororo's second home. But, moving on . . . Ramonda and Shuri seem ready to help, but they don't yet know her request. Once they do, that might change.
    All you have to do is look at the pov of where this is coming from(X-verse).

Always check the source.

I find it very strange that Ororo didn't know T'Challa was away, or that she didn't reach out to him directly about the sword first.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I find it very strange that Ororo didn't know T'Challa was away, or that she didn't reach out to him directly about the sword first.
    I don't find it all that strange. She probably did try to contact him, couldn't get through because he's off being a superhero, then proceeded to one of the Krakoan gates near Wakanda a booked it. This is a time sensitive mission after all.

Ororo's phrasing of "I am in need of my sword," is interesting. It could be taken in a couple different ways. When I first read the line, it seemed as if she is saying the sword she needs to use for the contest is hers; hence the possessive use of "my." Like she already has as sword that belongs to her and it's in Wakanda. I guess another way of looking at that line is that she knows she must use a specific sword and the "my" is more in line with she can't use any other sword than that one for the contest.
    Yes i would agree there that she is saying "my" as the prophecy referred to her wielding it.

oan though the sword is said to contain a tempest. there is another weapon that does the same. I wonder will there be a test of worthiness to determine if she can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I wouldn't say good terms. If someone besides Storm cam asking for help, they'd probably be told no.

At best there in a diplomatic non aggression situation. At least on panel, they still haven't recognized Krakoa like they did with Jean.
    I just don't imagine if they were on bad terms they (shuri and wakanda) would be willing to support krakoa against arakko.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think the person who wrote this missed that tweet from the EiC where he said it would be back in some form in 2021. Probably waiting for some coorospnong announcement to boost pre-order sales.
    well i think it is more they want a definitive date. its one thing to say it will drop in 2021 but there 12 months in a year. readers who are interested in the story want to know exactly when.