Page 472 of 613 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just don't imagine if they were on bad terms they (shuri and wakanda) would be willing to support krakoa against arakko.

well i think it is more they want a definitive date. its one thing to say it will drop in 2021 but there 12 months in a year. readers who are interested in the story want to know exactly when.
    Technically Shuri doesn't have the authority to mobilize war troops. That probably why the writer had her say it instead of Romanda. Lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I thought it was just me. Shuri referring to her as Storm (informal) instead of Ororo (more personal) really didn't sit well with me. I would think with such a personal relationship they have they would refer to each other on a personal level.
    Exactly! Im trying to be objective and not be too critical based upon a preview, yes their greeting was warm but the interactions considering the events that has occurred with the books of BP is simply off. She shouldn't have to request their presence, period. But going to still try to be optimistic though im not too encouraged so far.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't find it all that strange. She probably did try to contact him, couldn't get through because he's off being a superhero, then proceeded to one of the Krakoan gates near Wakanda a booked it. This is a time sensitive mission after all.

yes this is what I'm thinking as well. its not like he's just sitting at his throne. he had to help fight off the vegetable people and was held prisoner by moon knight. any of those could be reasons for not being in Wakanda and available to Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Technically Shuri doesn't have the authority to mobilize war troops. That probably why the writer had her say it instead of Romanda. Lol

well to be fair it seems storm is only going to request the sword and not aid in the firm of troops.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

well to be fair it seems storm is only going to request the sword and not aid in the firm of troops.
    And that could be a chicken or the egg paradox. The writer already knew what Storm would ask for so he might have made Shuri more accommodating based on knowing where he was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And that could be a chicken or the egg paradox. The writer already knew what Storm would ask for so he might have made Shuri more accommodating based on knowing where he was going.
    putting the writer's intentions aside, in stoty wakanda js willing to help krakoa so that does not indicate they are on bad terms at all

this panel is so freaking gorgeous

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

this panel is so freaking gorgeous

Nice. What is this from?

I don't understand why they did that to her eyebrows.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lol. Good point. I'm also unsure if that is a headdress that's worn in Kenya. I'm thinking no, but I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Nice. What is this from?
    its from the anniversary giant size tribute issue.

she didn't make it to her local beauty salon when that image was depicted. #secondarymutation

Sometimes I think the only reason Ororo was given long hair was so white men could get away with drawing an African woman damn near naked but cover all the parts they really want to see. Hmm.

Lol. Good point. I'm also unsure if that is a headdress that's worn in Kenya. I'm thinking no, but I'm no expert.
    All the artists are taking their cues from Cockrum's original pages. That particular style of feathered headdress seems fanciful, but ostrich feather headdresses are featured in some Kenyan tribes.

Sometimes I think the only reason Ororo was given long hair was so white men could get away with drawing an African woman damn near naked but cover all the parts they really want to see. Hmm.
    I kinda miss the days where ororo would tear all her clothes from her body using her power and cleansing her body with a rain she generated.

I adore nudist Ororo. I don't even care about the cheesecake factor, she owns it in a graceful nature goddess sort of way. Classical beauty. Archetypal. Iconic.

I feel like Ororo would relish the tropical climate of Krakoa and dip back into that vibe, instead of the full bodysuit. I like to think she's back in a treehouse like when she was a teen aged goddess.

teenstorm.jpg

I adore nudist Ororo. I don't even care about the cheesecake factor, she owns it in a graceful nature goddess sort of way. Classical beauty. Archetypal. Iconic.

I feel like Ororo would relish the tropical climate of Krakoa and dip back into that vibe, instead of the full bodysuit. I like to think she's back in a treehouse like when she was a teen aged goddess.

teenstorm.jpg
    what issue is that from? is that the original uncanny run or classic xmen?

what issue is that from? is that the original uncanny run or classic xmen?
    Classic X-men #10. The issue where her origin was told(claustrophobic attack in Cassidy Keep vs Juggernaut) has three pages added, two in Cairo, one in Kenya.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-01-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Classic X-men #10. The issue where her origin was told(claustrophobic attack in Cassidy Keep vs Juggernaut) has three pages added, two in Cairo, one in Kenya.
    thnk you beloved!

fan art from angel solorzano