Page 474 of 613 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You do know this is the original story written and illustrated and published way back in 1975? Right? You do know who Len Wein is, right? They didn't change any of script for the tribute issue, just the illustrations.
    yeah...............

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I know you have expressed concern with Ororo in the BP mythos but curious did you have issue with T'Challa being able to control Mjolnir better than thor? I would agree all it takes is one and im not convinced the xoffices will so right by Ororo wirh all Tanehesi Coates was able to do for her.
    He wasn't controlling Mjolnir, it just refused to him him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He wasn't controlling Mjolnir, it just refused to him him.
    but it hitting thor makes sense? storm being worshipped by wakandans and becoming a Wakandan goddess was the worst thing that could happen according to some but bp getting a better showing with mjolnir than thor is business as usual? I would hope there is same amount of outrage with that showing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

but it hitting thor makes sense? storm being worshipped by wakandans and becoming a Wakandan goddess was the worst thing that could happen according to some but bp getting a better showing with mjolnir than thor is business as usual? I would hope there is same amount of outrage with that showing.
    It didn't make sense but the difference between T'Challa performing better than Thor and Storm doing better than T'Challa is that it happened in a team book. Characters get punked in team books to elevate another character one arc and then the roles are reversed in a future story. That's what happens when you're on a team and everybody needs to get their moment to shine.

T'Challa was barely even in the previous Starbrand arc, the characters that got the best depiction were Black Widow and Blade. Solo books are different, well over 50% percent of the feats and big moments should be going to the main protagonist. Supporting characters like Storm shouldn't be getting all the powerups and taking down the big bads.

My issue isn't even that she became a goddess, I liked that part, I just don't like that she did all the heavy lifting against Adversary and Killmonger. And that she was used to retcon what we know about the Wakandan gods. Storm could've gotten all her development without outshining T'Challa in his own book.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-02-2020 at 05:34 PM.

I hate seeing comment like this. Storm is not outshining anyone in their own book. I do feel they tend to write his book as a team Avenger book with plot focus mainly on him and yeah with a Smaller cast Storm got to shine. Which is why I advocate for two books. Avenger and and X-Men get companion books that work in tandem. One Black Panther book and another where Tchalla gets his Nick Fury on with full assemble Wakanda Cast. The Second book really showcase Shuri leadership. Plenty of Mission for The Hatut Zeerase and Dora's . And new cast members showing different branches of the cog that is Wakanda. Vibrax Gentle , Queen Divine Justice, Manifold, The White Wolf.. And Storm can show up in both. I want to see her on a mission with the Hatut Zeerase so badly.

No offense but World of Wakanda was such a let down.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 10-02-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

And you see how that could be a problem for actual T'Challa fans right? To be written as a lead of an ensemble and not an actual solo character like literally all of his white male peers? If Storm had a book but it was really a stealth X-title where Oya and Emma got half the shine, would Storm fans not be demanding that the writer do more with Storm? This is the reality BP fans have been facing since 2016.

And while I agree two books would be ideal I'd rather be realistic. T'Challa hardly sells by himself. Priest sold poorly, Hudlin did better but still was one of the weaker selling books, and now Coates is putting up some of the worst solo sales at Marvel. Black Panther isn't popular enough to support two ongoing titles, the only characters that do that consistently are Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man.

So sure, a Shuri-led World of Wakanda book with T'Challa and Storm migrating in and out of the title would be great, but it'd probably do even worse than the current book. The only way T'Challa fans will be happy is for T'Challa to be written like a strong, dominating lead like Tony or Steve and for everyone else, including Storm, to take a backseat and get less moments to shine.

I am totally outraged by what happened to Thor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I hate seeing comment like this. Storm is not outshining anyone in their own book. I do feel they tend to write his book as a team Avenger book with plot focus mainly on him and yeah with a Smaller cast Storm got to shine. Which is why I advocate for two books. Avenger and and X-Men get companion books that work in tandem. One Black Panther book and another where Tchalla gets his Nick Fury on with full assemble Wakanda Cast. The Second book really showcase Shuri leadership. Plenty of Mission for The Hatut Zeerase and Dora's . And new cast members showing different branches of the cog that is Wakanda. Vibrax Gentle , Queen Divine Justice, Manifold, The White Wolf.. And Storm can show up in both. I want to see her on a mission with the Hatut Zeerase so badly.

No offense but World of Wakanda was such a let down.
    No offense taken at all. WoW was a waste of a title.

There probably is outrage in the Thor community. Most likely has been since this arc started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    There probably is outrage in the Thor community. Most likely has been since this arc started.
    It reminds me of Age of Ultron where T'Challa, one of the most graceful, acrobatic and athletic characters in all of comics fell and broke his neck. Oh Bendis, you funny guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It didn't make sense but the difference between T'Challa performing better than Thor and Storm doing better than T'Challa is that it happened in a team book. Characters get punked in team books to elevate another character one arc and then the roles are reversed in a future story. That's what happens when you're on a team and everybody needs to get their moment to shine.

T'Challa was barely even in the previous Starbrand arc, the characters that got the best depiction were Black Widow and Blade. Solo books are different, well over 50% percent of the feats and big moments should be going to the main protagonist. Supporting characters like Storm shouldn't be getting all the powerups and taking down the big bads.

My issue isn't even that she became a goddess, I liked that part, I just don't like that she did all the heavy lifting against Adversary and Killmonger. And that she was used to retcon what we know about the Wakandan gods. Storm could've gotten all her development without outshining T'Challa in his own book.
    BP has no ability to beat the Adversary. None whatsoever. Storm had to do the heavy lifting and that’s okay. Heroes get help from other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Does anyone know if Olivier Coipel is doing any future X-Men work? He posted the following on Instagram:

Attachment 101114
    Colossus is looking zaddy.

Also...

*sages the hell out of this thread*

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Storm fans are dragging JDW on twitter because he's so clueless of her powers LMAO

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

team book or not tchalla should never have a better showing with mjolnir than thor. that would be like jean manipulating the weather better than ororo in uncanny because its a team book. weather is Storm's baby as mjolnir is thor's. you can show different characters shining while not chomping out one character in favor of another.

Storm didn't get all the powerups though. In fact what type of powerups would tchalla have not related to tech? He's peak human unless you wanted him to become a god or something but Ororo's canon established she was supposed to become an actual goddess a long time ago well before coates came on the scene.

Killmonger is still not defeated so she didn't do all the heavy lifting against him. in fact Ororo including the other wakandans had to retreat. Adversary is a different beast and I dont see what tchalla could do honestly against him other than slow him down. he just doesn't have the type of arsenal to be any threat to adversary.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Storm fans are dragging JDW on twitter because he's so clueless of her powers LMAO
    Twitter is an overflowing latrine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!