Page 477 of 613 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 9190

Marauders 15 is coming out?

Lol, I do think Mekk80s has legitimate concerns. The X-Writers have a bad track record when it comes to their handling of BP and Wakanda so naturally they get the sideways eyes.

They need a few more good showings before BP fans give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Meh. It's not that big of a deal.

I actually get the lack of continuity to a limited extent. It really boils down to who has editorial control. Black Panther falls under the Avengers editorial while the X-Men are their own house. The X-Men writers and editorial want to tell their own stories and not be bogged down by what others groups are doing.

This is why I was never really that invested by anything she was doing over in Black Panther. It's a great and interesting read on the surface but for long term character development I am cautions of any major changes that characters have outside of the books that have editorial control over them. Marvel has shown and editors have openly said they will sacrifice continuity for a story. So anything happening outside the scope of the "main" books for a character is too easily ignored by the "main" writers and not made a part of their "main" continuity by editorial.

I honestly I don't love this, neither do I take it as a personal affront that X-Writers don't take what's happening to Storm in the Black Panther books as the gospel for the character. It's their character that another group was writing. Granted, the BP team is the only group that's given her development in a long time, but she's still under X-Men editorial control and they get the final say. It's not unique to Storm or the Black Panther.

So if the X-Men team continues with what happened in Black Panther, great! I appreciate continuity and as a reader of both books that's certainly my preference. But if they don't, meh. I get it. No big deal.
    Yupp.
    I feel the same way.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Well my fellow storm fans...…. Tomorrow is the 5th, which means Marauders #13 will be upon us. As a Black Panther fan as well my hopes for this the comic is very very low, It's clear this team of bozos that i call the "x writers" has some sort of hate boner for tchalla. Why, I have no idea not to mention the constant undermining of they're relationship in the past and making Tchalla and wakanda seem like anti "mutant" klansmen or something. Until I see the story I'm neutral in this affair but the other BP fans in the apparition thread I see why they want noting to do with Ro not because of Ro herself but these "writers" can't be trusted but as a storm fan I'll hope for the best but we'll see.
    The official release date for Marauders #13 is October 7th as per Marvel official website:

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...auders_2019_13

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    The official release date for Marauders #13 is October 7th as per Marvel official website:

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...auders_2019_13
    The 7th, eh? Swear it was supposed to be today, anyway previous point still stands. We don't trust these writers ovah here.

Comics always drop on Wednesdays.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They do seem genuinely happy to see her so that's a plus.
    that is a huge plus!!!

Guys, BP has defeated god character's before. I mean defeating a god character in comics is like going super sayian meaning basically any character has done it. Hell storm has "godly" powers (which is still pretty vague to me) and they have my girl getting flexed on in the x books by lesser characters. Hell look at thor, Thor has been getting his ass handed to him on a golden platter don't even get me started with Batman. Who hasn't defeated a god character at this point, I mean any character claiming godhood is just asking for an ass whoppin in fiction.
    I know he has beat them before but the question is does it makes sense? mephisto required the help of his ancestors, the tiger God was off panel not sure how that occurred. with adversary the only thing tvhalla could hope to do is slow him down.

Hell, to me a character that's defeated a god tier character in comix isn't really anything to brag about anymore. I wouldn't be surprised that storm took out a god tier character cause she'd just be on a list of other characters that have done the same, it's not shade or anything it's just these divine characters get jobbed almost all the time.
    this is true but it still shouldn't take away from their abilities. superman has been jobber by weaker characters but he is still known as being a powerhouse.

Actually Thor doesn't need prayer and the Asgardians have not needed prayer for some time. Also, part of Thor's power comes from Gaea.` Like it was said, Mjolnir didn't attack T'Challa because of his bloodline which it recognized.

This probably has something to do with the 1 million B.C. Avengers. Odin likely made some kind of pact with the BP of that time where the hammer would not attack that Panther or his descendants.

I'm sure some Thor fans aren't pleased and should be pissed at Aaron who they pretty much hate already.

thor does require prayer that was essentially the premise of chaos war:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

More teas JDW confirmed Tanehesi Coates will write Storm solo. No confirmation on when though.

other storm related news:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-st...mpression=true

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-05-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that is a huge plus!!!

I know he has beat them before but the question is does it makes sense? mephisto required the help of his ancestors, the tiger God was off panel not sure how that occurred. with adversary the only thing tvhalla could hope to do is slow him down.

this is true but it still shouldn't take away from their abilities. superman has been jobber by weaker characters but he is still known as being a powerhouse.

thor does require prayer that was essentially the premise of chaos war:

Thor does not require prayer for his power or his existence. That person was not praying to Thor, he was praying for salvation. He used the wooden cane to transform into Thor.

Thor does not require prayer for his power or his existence. That person was not praying to Thor, he was praying for salvation. He used the wooden cane to transform into Thor.
    The lady said thor would have died without her prayer. That's pretty indicative that his power is based in prayer.

The lady said thor would have died without her prayer. That's pretty indicative that his power is based in prayer.
    This might be a one off as its not really a thing thats come up in his solos or defined his powers and status as an Asgardian. I think its safe to say he doesnt require prayer to be a god.

If I posted a pic of someone beating Storm in a fight and that was the only fight they ever had, would it be safe to say that Storm cannot ever beat this person?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This might be a one off as its not really a thing thats come up in his solos or defined his powers and status as an Asgardian. I think its safe to say he doesnt require prayer to be a god.
    Exactly. One scene doesn't make isht canon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ...or any of the other Asgardians and the majority of other MU Gods, for that matter.

As these things go...Prayer and by extension Belief, is mainly for the benefit of the one doing the praying.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-05-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

More teas JDW confirmed Tanehesi Coates will write Storm solo. No confirmation on when though.

other storm related news:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-st...mpression=true

Link to the jdw confirmation???

Fantastic Member

wait, do we really have a Storm solo?