Page 484 of 613 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am sorry but I can't pass up this opportunity to be sarcastic because I AM that kind of petty bitch. These numbers are great, but we can't exactly celebrate and say this was a success for Storm. After all, the preview DID feature Fantomex and Monet, so that HAS to be why it sold so well.
    I don't really care about all that. I like those characters and kudos to them for helping but at the end of the day despite what was under the cover this shows that Storm's name can sell books. Storm alone was on those covers the inside material was the same so the fact that three different books with the same material inside sold in the top 25 shows that they bought to see her.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-09.html

but of course everyone is free to feel however they like.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't really care about all that. I like those characters and kudos to them for helping but at the end of the day despite what was under the cover this shows that Storm's name can sell books. Storm alone was on those covers the inside material was the same so the fact that three different books with the same material inside sold in the top 25 shows that they bought to see her.

hmmm so those are not sales for the month of September I thought that was a recap of the best sellers for the month. congrats storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

You misunderstand I think. I agree with you 100%. I was just referring to the mini drama from a week or so ago in the thread where some tried to diminish the sales numbers by trying to attribute the success to the other characters. I was making light of what imo was a ridiculous assertion.

In other news, I have been following X of Swords, so I guess I will have to pick up Marauders tomorrow. I haven't read it in a while so I hope it isn't still crap.
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-06-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    any other time I would have been celebrating but now I could seriously give two flying f@cks.
    Your Storm-related positivity always shines through so now I’m stresssssssed about this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Your Storm-related positivity always shines through so now I’m stresssssssed about this comic.
    awww that is really sweet. the xoffices win, flawless victory. im gracefully bowing out lol

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    You misunderstand I think. I agree with you 100%. I was just referring to the mini drama from a week or so ago in the thread where some tried to diminish the sales numbers by trying to attribute the success to the other characters. I was making light of what imo was a ridiculous assertion.

In other news, I have been following X of Swords, so I guess I will have to pick up Marauders tomorrow. I haven't read it in a while so I hope it isn't still crap.
    You are right i did misunderstand but no sarcasm in the initial post i am def glad Monet and Fantomex helped contribute to sales. lol. Unfortunately as i've said many times sometimes i take things very literal especially when it comes to reading and can be hit or miss with sarcasm. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You are right i did misunderstand but no sarcasm in the initial post i am def glad Monet and Fantomex helped contribute to sales. lol. Unfortunately as i've said many times sometimes i take things very literal especially when it comes to reading and can be hit or miss with sarcasm. lol
    yea Saturius was referencing those trying to downplay the selling power of storm. it was beautiful shade lol

yea Saturius was referencing those trying to downplay the selling power of storm. it was beautiful shade lol
    Now the X-offices have no excuse. I know for whatever reason you seem down on whats suppose to happen in Marauders 13 but at the very least we have that no one can say Storm doesn't sell in the x-offices. That means something.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Now the X-offices have no excuse. I know for whatever reason you seem down on whats suppose to happen in Marauders 13 but at the very least we have that no one can say Storm doesn't sell in the x-offices. That means something.
    that is definitely something to be happy about that is good news!

that is definitely something to be happy about that is good news!
    actually looking further those look like advance reorders for a particular week. Still good though. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

actually looking further those look like advance reorders for a particular week. Still good though. lol
    yea i need to see the final sale numbers

Incredible Member

I'm okay with that.

We need more development with Hadari Yao anyways.
    It's getting just like her mutant powers. Where she wield cosmic energy but just only shows weather (when she could be doing stuff like Magneto, Dazzler, Firestar, Iceman, and Vulcan)

The only thing she's shown with her divine powers is WEATHER. It's giving mutant tease.

1. Her divine powers are magic based. This is literally her magic potential that's being wasted.
    2. I would love for her to read the book of Oshtur and learn magical spells. I wouldn't even mind if Agatha, Magik, Strange, Roma, or SW train her.
    3. It says in the databook that she should have immeasurable stats. Which means she could be at least Hulk to Mephisto level in stats.
    4. The sword of bone. Storm should literally be the chosen one to wields it power.

With her mutant focus
    1. She should be forming all kinds of shields from electricity, water, ice, and etc.
    2. Storm could literally be the air version of Sue Storm. She can harden the air to make shields, armor, TK, invisibility, and etc
    3. She has the power to amp her stats. Don't know why the writers haven't developed this??? Maybe she's too powerful that they want her as a glass cannon
    4. Last but not least turn into the elements. She should be on her Bobby/Monica ish right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I'm okay with that.

We need more development with Hadari Yao anyways.
    It's getting just like her mutant powers. Where she wield cosmic energy but just only shows weather (when she could be doing stuff like Magneto, Dazzler, Firestar, Iceman, and Vulcan)

The only thing she's shown with her divine powers is WEATHER. It's giving mutant tease.

1. Her divine powers are magic based. This is literally her magic potential that's being wasted.
    2. I would love for her to read the book of Oshtur and learn magical spells. I wouldn't even mind if Agatha, Magik, Strange, Roma, or SW train her.
    3. It says in the databook that she should have immeasurable stats. Which means she could be at least Hulk to Mephisto level in stats.
    4. The sword of bone. Storm should literally be the chosen one to wields it power.

With her mutant focus
    1. She should be forming all kinds of shields from electricity, water, ice, and etc.
    2. Storm could literally be the air version of Sue Storm. She can harden the air to make shields, armor, TK, invisibility, and etc
    3. She has the power to amp her stats. Don't know why the writers haven't developed this??? Maybe she's too powerful that they want her as a glass cannon
    4. Last but not least turn into the elements. She should be on her Bobby/Monica ish right now.
    If im honest i would have just summed it up simple. Storm is an omega mutant because she is the first mutant god born. That is why magic and her own natural mutant abilities are so tied together but even beyond that we have seen nature itself react to protect Storm and keep her alive and fighting. The only limit ever put on storm was her strength of will and the strength of her body, her will was always indomitable so because she is a god her body is as well and as such is capable of evolving as her powers to. BOOM. Lets go. lol Now Storm can do whatever she wants with weather wherever she wants as such and we all know it's her warping the primal elements that make them up like a true goddes. I think her mutant ability is to manipulate the weather her divine right is to control the very elements that make up the fabric of reality and has focused that into her mutant ability. All they have to do is a god walk and have the girl branch out if they serious.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-06-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yeah. I think this is a case of it as simple as being in this new world of Dawn of X we don't want Storm to be tied to someone outside of these books because it limits stories we want to tell with a character that essentially at this point is not welcome on krakoa and it makes sense, beyond being human he is still the king of a nation or at least the figurehead. I'm ready for it to end as well personally. I want to see what they have in store for Storm and i think in this new age of X-men stories with all these new places and all these untold characters we have yet to meet, having to take Storm off the table romantically for a another franchise is a little unfair. At the very least Tchalla has a book where you know Storm can guest star or what not but Storm doesn't have that luxury.
    Personally I want Storm and Black Panther to stay together, but the way storylines go on decade after decade, even if they split up AGAIN, some time down the road somebody will most likely put them back together yet AGAIN. But the X-Books have never handled Storm well in their own books when it comes to romance, because they always seem to be passing her around from man to man, or tease on covers that she will be kissing this man or that man, etc. etc. And every time she gets with Black Panther, the X-Office always seems to pull that "Oh, we have big plans for her so let's get her back from the Black Panther book", but the last time they said they had big plans for her after her relationship with Black Panther ended, it really didn't amount to much (at least to me it didn't). We'll see what happens THIS time with their big plans for her.

My main problem with this whole "shared universe" thing that Marvel has always had, is that not everyone working at Marvel wants to share characters, and I think at times that can be downright petty, especially when we're talking about how certain characters are treated and portrayed when being shared by more than one office.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Personally I want Storm and Black Panther to stay together, but the way storylines go on decade after decade, even if they split up AGAIN, some time down the road somebody will most likely put them back together yet AGAIN. But the X-Books have never handled Storm well in their own books when it comes to romance, because they always seem to be passing her around from man to man, or tease on covers that she will be kissing this man or that man, etc. etc. And every time she gets with Black Panther, the X-Office always seems to pull that "Oh, we have big plans for her so let's get her back from the Black Panther book", but the last time they said they had big plans for her after her relationship with Black Panther ended, it really didn't amount to much (at least to me it didn't). We'll see what happens THIS time with their big plans for her.

My main problem with this whole "shared universe" thing that Marvel has always had, is that not everyone working at Marvel wants to share characters, and I think at times that can be downright petty, especially when we're talking about how certain characters are treated and portrayed when being shared by more than one office.
    All i need is "i'm the goddess of Krakoa. " and i'm good. maybe we can get a storm krakoa communion that creates the divine pantheon of krakoa with Storm as "zeus". of course none of this will prob happen. lol. But connections and stuff it would be crazy for her not to form a coven and some how share divine privledige with those in it. Given what we have now covens are usually five so i wonder who it would be. I think JEan and Betsy for sure.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.