Page 488 of 613 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Well, considering that this entire XOS event is based on an entirely made up mutant nation history, throwing in this sword is something minor.

But as far as the relationship with BP and Wakanda, I don't think it's over so clearly as people think. Black Panther let Storm leave with the sword, and closed the gate (as they should have), and Storm said herself that they didn't lose an ally. BP as king knows that sometimes the tough decisions have to be made, and the next time Storm comes, it won't be as a thief in the night. They are right to be wary of Storm now. Once trust is broken, it takes time to heal, but probably never fully. If Storm gets hurt, they won't be happy about it. It's the people of Wakanda who may view Storm differently, but I don't think the relationship with BP is destroyed forever.
    Facts. And if and when she brings the sword back through the front door, that will be the first step.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So I sit with this.
    Great Storm issue and seeds for a solo.
    But yet again got shafted in the BP love department.
    Something so perfect but just won't let us have it.
    (Sigh)I'm tired. Marvel you win....as usual.
    And all that hard work,gone again.
    Don't be sad bro. You, BK and the rest fought a good fight. Y'all tried real hard. Then Marvel comes and crushes that isht like Godzilla on Tokyo.

But hey, you got a goddess out the deal!!! Way to go!!! Alright!! Woo-hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was amicable. Tchalla let her leave and said he would have given her the sword if she had waited but she said she shouldn't need to wait on him. He had the gate destroyed but also said if she is to return it won't be as a theif it will be basically coming through the front door. Storm even states to Kate they didn't lose any allies but they have lost trust.
    Friendly my friend. Friendly.

Btw, how are you on your Thor reading?

Coates ruined BP/Ororo for me this time around. I still haven't gotten past the a man needs what a man needs so when i'm not around your free to ride Tchalla but just remember he will always come back tot he goddess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I plan on reading some more today but i did find a version of the omnibus so i will be reading that later tonight.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Facts. And if and when she brings the sword back through the front door, that will be the first step.
    Right. That's the story I want to see.

Well, considering that this entire XOS event is based on an entirely made up mutant nation history, throwing in this sword is something minor.

But as far as the relationship with BP and Wakanda, I don't think it's over so clearly as people think. Black Panther let Storm leave with the sword, and closed the gate (as they should have), and Storm said herself that they didn't lose an ally. BP as king knows that sometimes the tough decisions have to be made, and the next time Storm comes, it won't be as a thief in the night. They are right to be wary of Storm now. Once trust is broken, it takes time to heal, but probably never fully. If Storm gets hurt, they won't be happy about it. It's the people of Wakanda who may view Storm differently, but I don't think the relationship with BP is destroyed forever.
    Its not minor because Wakanda has a founding father named Bashenga(sp). So while the sword itself isn't an issue, saying his name is lost to history is just lack of research. Her only out is saying this is the same character who is in Aarons' 1,000,000 B.C. Avenger who is also unnamed. But I dont think Marvel would let X office develop his character before he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I have also been reading Donny Coates Thor and this latest issue i like what he did with Thor in the scene with Iron man. I also love how the Thor eye thing is very similar to what happens with Storm and her eyes when they use their powers.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Best Storm story in a very long time.

Vita is one of us.

lol at Shuri saying Wakanda never discriminated against mutants. Deeeeeeeelusional.
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 10-07-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Vita got the problem. Vita got what i been saying all this time. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! ororo is not second fiddle. No matter the passion the love, the story, Storm has always and will always be put on the back burner for Wakanda. Yeah coates did amazing with somewhat elevating Storm but guess what Storm showed up and helped Wakanda time and time again and in the BP Books and the X-books it has been consisent Wakandians put wakandians first it just is what it is. I want to got damn frame this issue.

You know. And it didn't even read out of character or a set up because even reading in BP this issue was believable as hell. I don't think anyone, hater or lover of the couple can deny that.

And i knew this was going to happen too. I called this months ago.
    I'd agree with you if this story happened in the solo book under Coates. But we were saying from the jump that the X side was going to ignore her development in that title. So all that saving she did under Coates, might have well not have happened. lol

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

When Storm said they didn’t lose an ally, she was referring to the fact that Wakanda never signed a treaty with them in the first place.

Astonishing Member

I mean it's just forced relevance. Vita didn't even care enough to actually give the right name for the first BP, Bashenga and someone messed up the spelling for T'Challa's father. Wakandan lore was clearly not a priority, Storm "liberating" herself and getting the sword was. Not mad about that, but it is what it is.

If Storm and T'Challa could rekindle from that hoodrat beatdown they did during AvX this is nothing lol. There's a wider story at play here and we'll see the implications of stealing Skybreaker in a later Marauders arc or perhaps in a hypothetical AvX 2.0. Hopefully though, this is the permanent end of the Storm-BP relationship. She's betrayed the kingdom twice now, at this point T'Challa should be overthrown if he's foolish enough to get with a woman that won't put his people first.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-07-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, it was total bullshit. None of this had to happen the way it did. The Wakandans could've put her through a trial to earn the right to wield the sword. But no, they pulled the contrived he "ignored my pleas for help" so I had no choice. Because, once you get rid of most of of what Ayala wrote, including how much the royal family clearly loved Ororo, Ororo's betrayal was T'Challa's fault. Smh. Come on. Really? Would he really ignore Ororo, especially for something this important? Of course he wouldn't. It's all contrived. Elegant contrivance, but still premeditated bullshit to tear apart the couple for Ororo to be a one-dimensional protector for "her people."
    Very this. I get that it was a fun read with some nice art and I don’t begrudge anyone for enjoying it, especially as a Storm fan but let’s at least be real here. Nothing that happened in this issue had to happen at all. Storm waited 2.5 minutes before she decided to risk it all to be a messy Lara Croft. T’challa could have and should have been reached immediately what with all of their tech and the urgency of the matter. The “he ignored my calls” is such a pedestrian excuse for who these characters are and the access they have to each other with their high profiles. You’re telling me Queen Regent Ramonda didn’t have an emergency direct line to the king of Wakanda? -__- All the more to say it really wasn’t a good look for Ororo to see that if she had apparently just waited 30 extra minutes, T’challa would have arrived and just given it to her. You’re telling me he wouldn’t contact her after all the “missed calls” on his way back? Shuri, a genius and once Black Panther and Queen would be caught having to confront Ororo with a knife? ORORO?? She kept reiterating “I am who I am and I know what I must do” but how smart does it make her look to now have garnered enmity from not only the nation of Wakanda as a whole in their view of Krakoa/mutants but also to unnecessarily distance herself from T’challa and the Royal Family, who are not only beloved kin but more importantly allies of the highest priority? And at the end of it all was the 30 minute delay really “too long to wait” when she arrives back on Krakoa and now gets to sit on her ass and WAIT for the other seven swordbearers? Come on.

It was great to see Ororo in action. It was great to see her handle her business. It was great to see her use some of her lesser utilized powers. I just wish the story that encompassed all of those things wasn’t the most contrived and utterly unnecessary story of the year. I hope there was some foresight for this other than just splitting them up because a man spent years thoughtfully repairing their relationship, slowly and respectfully via scenes with depth and tenderness and to tear it all down for a one off sword heist tale? Idk just rings as disrespectful to me. I’m not even the biggest, most unwavering T’choro fan though I do enjoy their relationship but Jesus, the man’s run wasn’t even allowed to play out in its entirety yet. Was it for this issue to take place? Because if it was? That was a choice.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 10-07-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Y'all are wild.

I hate Coates but... Coates turned Storm into a Goddess of Wakanda and basically Wakandan's own personal nuke. Coates put Wakanda and BP on the back burner for Storm, not the other way around.

Vita... had her pull a Gambit, beat up a non powered warrior (who brought a knife to an omega mutant fight wtf lol), and blow up some robots and y'all are praising it as best thing ever?

Vita cut off a whole avenue of potential stories for Storm... for some more lightning lass feats.
    ***sigh*** If this ain’t the damn truth. Sloppy.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Very this. I get that it was a fun read with some nice art and I don’t begrudge anyone for enjoying it, especially as a Storm fan but let’s at least be real here. Nothing that happened in this issue had to happen at all. Storm waited 2.5 minutes before she decided to risk it all to be a messy Lara Croft. T’challa could have and should have been reached immediately what with all of their tech and the urgency of the matter. The “he ignored my calls” is such a pedestrian excuse for who these characters are and the access they have to each other with their high profiles. You’re telling me Queen Regent Ramonda didn’t have an emergency direct line to the king of Wakanda? -__- All the more to say it really wasn’t a good look for Ororo to see that if she had apparently just waited 30 extra minutes, T’challa would have arrived and just given it to her. You’re telling me he wouldn’t contact her after all the “missed calls” on his way back? Shuri, a genius and once Black Panther and Queen would be caught having to confront Ororo with a knife? ORORO?? She kept reiterating “I am who I am and I know what I must do” but how smart does it make her look to now have garnered enmity from not only the nation of Wakanda as a whole in their view of Krakoa/mutants but also to unnecessarily distance herself from T’challa and the Royal Family, who are not only beloved kin but more importantly allies of the highest priority?

It was great to see Ororo in action. It was great to see her handle her business. It was great to see her use some of her lesser utilized powers. I just wish the story that encompassed all of those things wasn’t the most contrived and utterly unnecessary story of the year. I hope there was some foresight for this other than just splitting them up because a man spent years thoughtfully repairing their relationship, slowly and respectfully via scenes with depth and tenderness and to tear it all down for a one off sword heist tale? Idk just rings as disrespectful to me. I’m not even the biggest, most unwavering T’choro fan though I do enjoy their relationship but Jesus, the man’s run wasn’t even allowed to play out in its entirety yet. Was it for this issue to take place? Because if it was? That was a choice.

Stunningly said, especially the bolded. I do think this issue was ALL about breaking them up. If not, there were other ways, more sensible and less harmful ways, Ororo could've obtained the sword. I do not think there is a bigger plan that involves Ororo and T'Challa after this. Coates, as you noted, spent years building them up again as a couple. No one is planning to restart that process as part of Ororo's big, story change. All you need to do is look at some of the words that were chosen to be bolded and it's clear this issue was meant to end (which was one of the bolded words in the issue) the romance between the two. Hell, they pushed back Coates's last three BP issues to 2021. Whether his issues sold low or not, how many people, after this issue and knowing how it ends with them, will want to pick up those final issues of his Intergalactic Wakanda arc?

There was no true rush. Ororo could've waited at least until morning. And seeing only two other sword wielders at the end of the issue pushed that point home. None of it was necessary. False urgency with a contrived confrontation. It's all actually quite insulting.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-07-2020 at 08:24 AM.