Page 497 of 613 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9190
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

It's definitely a sad club -- on that we do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You would need to take that up with Vita and ultimately HiX-Man for not writing the story you (all) would have written instead...as it's all so distressing.
    Nah, I don't need to take up anything with Vita. She wrote it the way she wrote it.

Just tell her I said thank you. She ended something that should have never begun again.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nah, I don't need to take up anything with Vita. She wrote it the way she wrote it.

Just tell her I said thank you. She ended something that should have never begun again.
    I will. Although I'm sure she has already found out how much she's appreciated.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

tbh since DoX started and Wakanda did not accept the agreement with Krakoa I realized that it could be an indication that the X-Office was already thinking about ending the Storm and Tchalla relationship, so I was not so disappointed because I already knew it would happen but of course it went further than diplomatic issues as we saw today, Storm was out of time and needed to do whatever it took to get the sword even if it had to sacrifice his relationship that was being rebuilt.

for me it was 6.5 / 10

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    baby yes? they had to create some melodramatic conflict to make this story "work". that is the bottom of the line. as I mentioned the only way I think this story would be good would be if you haven't read coates' work, didn't like his work, and/or don't like bp and storm together. but just my opinion maybe there outliers to this conclusion lol

Well some people just don't and never did. They won't be happy with any dealings between Storm and Wakanda. But consider if the shoe was on the other foot. What if BP needed some ancient, mutant artifact, and decided to steal it from Krakoa to go on some otherwordly mission with the Avengers? I don't believe he would be looked on in any great light.

Listen, the Wakandans offered to help Storm in any way they could, from weapons to armies. It’s just that the one thing only BP had authority to give, they couldn’t. I’ll admit that at one point, I thought Shuri would go rogue, and give it to her. But the wakandans have always been very loyal to their home, just as the mutants are now loyal to theirs. But overall, I think the issue was more about showing what sacrifices the X-Men are giving just to face this battle. It’s not something to be taken lightly. So in that sense, just having Storm show up, everyone have dinner, and BP send her on her way with the sword didn’t fit.

'Nuff said.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Well some people just don't and never did. They won't be happy with any dealings between Storm and Wakanda. But consider if the shoe was on the other foot. What if BP needed some ancient, mutant artifact, and decided to steal it from Krakoa to go on some otherwordly mission with the Avengers? I don't believe he would be looked on in any great light.

Listen, the Wakandans offered to help Storm in any way they could, from weapons to armies. It’s just that the one thing only BP had authority to give, they couldn’t. I’ll admit that at one point, I thought Shuri would go rogue, and give it to her. But the wakandans have always been very loyal to their home, just as the mutants are now loyal to theirs. But overall, I think the issue was more about showing what sacrifices the X-Men are giving just to face this battle. It’s not something to be taken lightly. So in that sense, just having Storm show up, everyone have dinner, and BP send her on her way with the sword didn’t fit.
    They are taking the freaking Phoanix Force rhight now!

Fantastic Member

guys who wrote Storm best so far: Duggan or Vita?

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    guys who wrote Storm best so far: Duggan or Vita?
    I honestly can't say. I like Duggan voice and he had almost 15 issues but it doesn't feel like enough to judge and vita i loved vita voice for storm and feels vita has a clear idea of how vita sees Storm and that's is from one issue Vita Shuri run so maybe 8 issues total but vita got to be more focused on Storm than Duggan but there is nothing keeping him from being focused so i will have to wait i don't know if his hands were tied. So i don't know.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Vita uses they/them pronouns, as I understand it.

This was okay if not unnecessary. I got they needed something to drive the story but I felt like Storm stealing from her second family was a little to much.

I also didn't get why an Omega level mutant needed a lightning sword.

Though to be truthful, I knew I was gonna have some issues with this when Polaris said "Once Goddess".
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think this is the longest streak of posts i've ever agreed with you this much lol

This issue was conceptually dumb. They created a whole backstory JUST to cause division. Conveniently it is a sword ONLY t'challa can have. Conveniently he isn't there. Conveniently, no one tells storm where he is or when he will be back. Conveniently, he just happens to get back just at the right time to create the maximum amount of division.

There are only like 5 popular black characters at marvel and for a black queer woman (again, what is the deal here? Roxanne **** on Tchalla too?) to cause strife between two of them just because is so disheartening. POC always said we need POC on books to stop **** like this from happening... guess that was a lie
    I've always told you I'm fair with my criticisms and praise lol. wrong is wrong to me and how wakanda was depicted and how ororo was shown is simply not good.

Yes to everything you mentioned in the second paragraph. As I keep saying, Ororo and Tchaa were able to.communicate when he was on the edge of the universe in BP but kow he is just unreachable? I think we hsve to be honest here. The end game was to create conflict and severe her ties to Wakanda, period. Knowing this I can't cosign for the issue no matter how storm was shown because its a slap in the face to four years of work meant to rebuild and repair stories extending from their annulled marriage.

To your point about the black characters, I don't like that the only real relationship she has with black people is destroyed in this issue. As Marvell said, why did this story have to be written like it Was? Why not show two black women fighting together to secure a weapon she could use to save krakoa instead of retconning into wakanda lore a weapon that never existed? Again it goes back to the end game and it was to create division and personally I'm fed up with it as it relates to the prominent black characters at marvel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Marauders left me feeling sour today. I despise hero vs hero conflicts more and more. They just keep getting stupider...

Seems like this issue is very polarizing. I might change my mind after more reflection, but my prevailing feeling after reading it was a positive one. I enjoyed it. This felt like Storm. Flaws and all. I liked it a hell of a lot better than her Giant Sized issue, which felt like budget Claremont. Hickman wrote a Storm who thought he was being profound and deep with the character, but in actuality was just flat and dull. This Storm felt more 3D at least. It's the first time in a LONG time where I didn't come away feeling frustrated and disappointed by her usual surface level characterization.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Marauders left me feeling sour today. I despise hero vs hero conflicts more and more. They just keep getting stupider...
    I returned my Ecopy to Amazon and got a refund. I will not support this trash with my hard earned money.