Page 499 of 613 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think Vita realized how problematic that aspect of the issue was so they tried to patch it up by having Ororo and Shuri constantly reaffirm how they're still sisters and they still love each other while beating one another to a pulp lol. So ridiculous!
    I'm going to say I lost a lot of respect for Vita today for their actions on twitter and I was rooting for them considering they are a LGBTQ person of color so with that said, I think they missed the mark big time with today's issue. I was highly highly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Thank you! I was literally thinking about this issue all throughout work today.

It's especially noticeable when Wolverine gets to do a deep dive into Japanese culture in the SAME week that Storm ruins her relationships in Wakanda.
    Baby yes!!!! I was thinking the same thing! You have wolverine in hell, in Japan, all reaffirming his past connections and not in a rush to get a blade but Ororo, when faced with the same condition of needing to obtain the sword by a certain time, can only reaffirm her tie to that of being a mutant and screw everything else that is in the way? Why the double standard?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How do you say something singular using they/them?

I 100% have no idea and am ignorant on the subject. No trolling.

Like, how do i say something like "Vita wrote this book. She/He????? likes Storm"

What do I replace She/He with? They doesn't make sense because it is singular?
    They like Storm is correct.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Storm couldnt reach T'Challa by phone but she was on an island full of telepaths, like her best friend Jean, Xavier, Psylocke, Rachel. You cant tell me she couldnt have gone to them with help in reaching T'Challa. Given the urgency, they would have gladly assisted her in getting connected to him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm couldnt reach T'Challa by phone but she was on an island full of telepaths, like her best friend Jean, Xavier, Psylocke, Rachel. You cant tell me she couldnt have gone to them with help in reaching T'Challa
    you better bring some logic to this conversation. didn't they connect to jean from earth when she was damn near close to the sun?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Well, I learned something today.

That is really confusing grammar wise.

What is the reasoning behind using a plural word? Might as well learn some more lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm going to say I lost a lot of respect for Vita today for their actions on twitter and I was rooting for them considering they are a LGBTQ person of color so with that said, I think they missed the mark big time with today's issue. I was highly highly disappointed.

Baby yes!!!! I was thinking the same thing! You have wolverine in hell, in Japan, all reaffirming his past connections and not in a rush to get a blade but Ororo, when faced with the same condition of needing to obtain the sword by a certain time, can only reaffirm her tie to that of being a mutant and screw everything else that is in the way? Why the double standard?
    What they say on Twitter?!?! I'm not on it cause the internet is toxic enough.

I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. Logan got a MONTAGE and 2 whole issues and we get some mess.

At least Ororo looked bomb throughout the issue.

What is the reasoning behind using a plural word? Might as well learn some more lol
    Possibly more than one person writing I guess?

Or maybe they don't want to be identified as gender specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    That doesn't make sense from an English stand point...but as a Bi-guy I just roll with it. You do, you.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I read the Wolverine books just to see how they handled it. Way more fun. So the time limit was three days from when Polaris gave the proficy. Logan went all across Japan and to Hell. Made it back before Storm. Her riddle wasn't difficult. So id say she had at least a full day to spare?

right how in the absolute hell he did all that got back in time and ororo can't wait until morning to see of tcjalla returned? lolol come on.

Remember when Storm went with Shuri to fight Anubis (with Sue)?

Why couldn't it been like this but for a sword?

Why degrade when you can uplift?

I do remember that and as you bp fans have been telling me for years is that the xoffices thrive on this type of toxicity. I seriously don't get it considering the climate we live today and the notion marvel is all about diversity. doesn't seem that way not after today for me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you better bring some logic to this conversation. didn't they connect to jean from earth when she was damn near close to the sun?
    Yes and with Cerebro, it makes no sense that he'd be unreachable to any of them

Yes and with Cerebro, it makes no sense that he'd be unreachable to any of them
    He wears Psi-Blockers. Best Guess, No-Prize?!?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

This isn't really the place for it but the tldr reason is that they are the pronouns Vita prefers as a non-binary person.

While it is no longer grammatically incorrect to use they/them as singular anymore, people still get confused about it. A friend’s parent recently responded to their pronouns, saying: “But if I tell Shelly you’re coming round for dinner, she’ll think you’re bringing extra people!”

Try this: if you are using the pronoun in a scenario where there is no confusion over singular versus plural, just go ahead and use it (“You are going to meet my friend Poppy today, I hope you like them”).

If you are using it in an instance where it might be misconstrued as plural, you can change the first part of the sentence to make it clear (“I may bring a friend, their name is Poppy”).

If you still feel that is confusing, you can be explicit (“I asked Poppy – who uses they/them pronouns – they might come”). This also takes the onus off your non-binary friend for having to explain it themselves later.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Storm couldnt reach T'Challa by phone but she was on an island full of telepaths, like her best friend Jean, Xavier, Psylocke, Rachel. You cant tell me she couldnt have gone to them with help in reaching T'Challa. Given the urgency, they would have gladly assisted her in getting connected to him
    Can't have that, it would deprive the book of a needless conflict. Why have them work together when they can fight against each other. If they'd worked together that would have strengthened the bond not only between Storm and Wakanda but between Wakanda and Krakoa. Imagine, Wakanda aiding Krakoa without conflict. That just doesn't work for the narrative they're pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Hey friend. I genuinely mean this when I say I'm sorry things didn't work out how you wanted them to.
    Hey man! I know you mean this sincerely so thanks, I appreciate it. There are a lot of people who are disappointed by today’s turn of events. I’m more disappointed with how ham-fistedly it was handled. These characters deserve as much depth and respect as they got being built up together as they should being driven apart. Just lazy. Contrived is a word that strongly comes to mind as well. With smart and thoughtful writing I don’t even think I would mind nearly as much with the same outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    He wears Psi-Blockers. Best Guess, No-Prize?!?
    Are there any psi blockers for cerebro?

Thcalla has blocking feats but that is a whole other beast lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html