Page 5 of 613 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I must say Duggan came through on this issue and the vibranium blade was the icing on the cake.

Sidebar: how are people concluding xmen was a reference to tchalla and ororo? I didnt necessarily get that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I must say Duggan came through on this issue and the vibranium blade was the icing on the cake.

Sidebar: how are people concluding xmen was a reference to tchalla and ororo? I didnt necessarily get that.
    I believe the interpretation from some readers as to the reference was when the Wakanda rep mentioned Krakoa having to be satisfied with having a familial relationship with Wakanda in terms of kings and queens. The implication could mean he is referring to T'Challa and Ororo's past marriage but also their current relationship.

It has also been shown that some Wakandans still think of Ororo as their queen.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Yes, the Wakandan rep says their country STILL will not allow Krakoan drugs into their country. But that's okay, their nations are still bound together by their King and Queen. Meaning despite official word that she is divorced from their King T'Challa, Wakandans still consider Ororo their Queen (and one of the Goddesses in their Pantheon). Therefore, since their acclaimed still-Queen is a Krakoan, that essentially ties their respective nations to one side.

Mags accepts that, though he does remark that the Hellfire TC will also not take that lying down either because their ideal objective is to get Krakoan drugs EVERYWHERE on Earth, without exception, whether people like it or not (and hopefully profit from it).
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I believe the interpretation from some readers as to the reference was when the Wakanda rep mentioned Krakoa having to be satisfied with having a familial relationship with Wakanda in terms of kings and queens. The implication could mean he is referring to T'Challa and Ororo's past marriage but also their current relationship.

It has also been shown that some Wakandans still think of Ororo as their queen.
    oh I see. I read the issue and I didnt necessarily translate it meaning ororo and tchalla but I guess that makes sense
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Today’s Marauders moment was fun. I find it disappointing that the climate change stuff was given to Bobby over Storm, though. That seems like a no-brainer and missed opportunity, but that’s pretty par for the course with Storm.

On a brighter note, it does seem like Hickman is planting the seeds for Storm to be at the center of Wakanda/Krakoa relations. We’ll see, though. Plot developments that seem like no-brainers for Storm usually go to others.

Mighty Member

This is such a dope imagine.. I only wish it could be with Storm, Misty, CeCe and others in a salon

https://twitter.com/Stelfreeze/statu...61169995993088

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Today’s Marauders moment was fun. I find it disappointing that the climate change stuff was given to Bobby over Storm, though. That seems like a no-brainer and missed opportunity, but that’s pretty par for the course with Storm.

On a brighter note, it does seem like Hickman is planting the seeds for Storm to be at the center of Wakanda/Krakoa relations. We’ll see, though. Plot developments that seem like no-brainers for Storm usually go to others.
    I mean considering the ice environment why not give Bobby some brownie points.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean considering the ice environment why not give Bobby some brownie points.
    I get and appreciate it, but I’m a bit bored by Storm the warrior. I’m ready for more Storm the stateswoman, environmentalist, activist, etc.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 01-01-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    This is such a dope imagine.. I only wish it could be with Storm, Misty, CeCe and others in a salon
    Ororo: I'm back from the salon across the street, T'Challa. How's your trim coming along?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post

thanks for sharing. I saw this over in the BP thread. ororo looks like honey this is cute but we been in here for like four hours we got ish to do.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-01-2020 at 08:19 PM.

I get and appreciate it, but I’m a bit bored by Storm the warrior. I’m ready for more Storm the stateswoman, environmentalist, activist, etc.
    This Issue was worthy of pick up. I’ll give my review later on but wanted to say I LOVE warrior storm and want to see a lot more of her (hopefully more scenes in the next issue), as well as a Ororo the stateswoman/high priestess representative of all that Krakoa could be as a force for good on earth.

BANNED

I want to see her living it up in Krakoa. I want to see her wearing a glorious ornamental kaftan while chilling in her tropical palace.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I want to see her living it up in Krakoa. I want to see her wearing a glorious ornamental kaftan while chilling in her tropical palace.
    Agreed. I’ve seen enough of her as a bare knuckles workhorse. We KNOW she’s got the chops for that. Every other writer feels like they have to remind us but without giving her any agency outside of her capacity for violence. There are other ways for her to lift up her people aside from violence. Her scene in HoX #5 was one of my favorites of all time for that reason.

BANNED

Agreed. I’ve seen enough of her as a bare knuckles workhorse. We KNOW she’s got the chops for that. Every other writer feels like they have to remind us but without giving her any agency outside of her capacity for violence. There are other ways for her to lift up her people aside from violence. Her scene in HoX #5 was one of my favorites of all time for that reason.
    Yo I just hollered! You better effing say that, The Quiet Councilor! All of it, say it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This Issue was worthy of pick up. I’ll give my review later on but wanted to say I LOVE warrior storm and want to see a lot more of her (hopefully more scenes in the next issue), as well as a Ororo the stateswoman/high priestess representative of all that Krakoa could be as a force for good on earth.
    I love warrior storm too. it's been such a long time since we have truly seen her.