Page 501 of 613 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's not personal...they don't know any of you from Adam and Eve...they're just protecting their emotional selves. As they (or any other creator) should...Twitter is a cesspool filled to overflowing with entitled little shyts.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-07-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Spectacular Member

Xmen writers were not using HER a lot or well at the time and the bp writings used well

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    lol. I'm also blocked by them. And I've never interacted with them or talked about their books, like never. Go figure.
    oh chile I'm a part of the club!!!!! that's hilarious!!! we should start a AA group lolol jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The issue wasn't even a good display of Storm's thievery skills. I like the concept of her pulling off a big heist, but it was executed in a boring way. I wanted to see 'Ro picking locks and crawling through airducts like Catwoman.
    now that would have been so cute and fierce. it would have been hard for me to criticize the issue had she been shown like that. i love me some Catwoman!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by guiltypleasure View Post
    he raised good points. One of them being how wakandans viewed storm as a goddess under coates. She saved them from adversary and they literally prayed to her. The artist showed people from all over the country praying to her. So, when the podcaster said if goddess storm hadari yao came asking for a wakandan sword then you give it to her. That makes sense but only if coates's work isn't ignored. Why would wakandans have a problem with their hadari yao borrowing a sacred sword that could possibly save their lives? Come on, most of them wouldn't.

And, okay, another poster noted that no one would've even known the sword was gone unless ramonda, shuri, or t'challa told them. So true. None of this makes any sense beyond the contrivance of ending the relationship. That is not hard to discern. The logic of it all fails. But not if that motivation is factored in.
    racist just want blacks to fight.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Xmen writers were not using HER a lot or well at the time and the bp writings used well
    that is the gag. the xwriters didn't have any interest in her, then coates picks her up and then they want to have all these big plans for her. its an absolute mess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Marauders #13 definitely reads like a story that had an objective, and worked backwards to get there.
    Stealing the sword was plan C, since plan A ( calling BP directly) and B (contacting the royal family) didn't work, so from a character point of view, I'm going to say Storm tried a few different tactics before resulting to theft. And I thought it was unfair for people to say Storm was being impatient since T'Challa ended up showing up at the end anyway, but it's not like the character knew that would happen.

The rest of my criticisms have pretty much already been covered by others in this thread, so instead I'll say I really enjoyed the interactions with Storm and Shuri. I think some of the care and nuance that Vita took with the character interactions has been overshadowed by the rather dodgy plot stuff. I also like that Storm put her hair up before she went to work.

I am most uncomfortable with Storm seeming to choose being mutant over everything, which is a choice that many of us with multiple marginalized identities feel like we are asked to do. And it kinda makes it seem like a character who is VERY important to a lot of Black people, doesn't consider her Black identity to be important...

Still, I'm going to be generous and assume that this is the first part of a larger story with Storm and BP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    lol. I'm also blocked by them. And I've never interacted with them or talked about their books, like never. Go figure.
    Block chains. Someone you might follow fits the requirements of the block chain and that is probably why.

Just don't attack the creators under the thinly veiled guise of "constructive criticism".
    If one buys the book and states what they liked and did not like is NOT an attack on the creator.

Butterflykyss and others are not gators who don't buy or even read the book yet go after creators for existing.

These folks bought that book.

Vita is FREE to not listen to any of them.

Here is the THING.....

Butterflykyss and the rest are also FREE to write reviews and to NEVER buy another book by Vita. That blocking folks will help enforce that.

Kingdom X & Lordallmighty are right-how do you grow if you don't listen to criticism/feedback?

All it takes is ONE bad book to SOUR folks on you.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Marauders #13 definitely reads like a story that had an objective, and worked backwards to get there.
    Stealing the sword was plan C, since plan A ( calling BP directly) and B (contacting the royal family) didn't work, so from a character point of view, I'm going to say Storm tried a few different tactics before resulting to theft. And I thought it was unfair for people to say Storm was being impatient since T'Challa ended up showing up at the end anyway, but it's not like the character knew that would happen.

The rest of my criticisms have pretty much already been covered by others in this thread, so instead I'll say I really enjoyed the interactions with Storm and Shuri. I think some of the care and nuance that Vita took with the character interactions has been overshadowed by the rather dodgy plot stuff. I also like that Storm put her hair up before she went to work.

I am most uncomfortable with Storm seeming to choose being mutant over everything, which is a choice that many of us with multiple marginalized identities feel like we are asked to do. And it kinda makes it seem like a character who is VERY important to a lot of Black people, doesn't consider her Black identity to be important...

Still, I'm going to be generous and assume that this is the first part of a larger story with Storm and BP
    That is only an interpretation. One of many. And probably a spurious one at best given the stakes All Mutants have faced and are facing. It's not the whole truth of the matter, and her actions not taken in context of the whole narrative being told.
    A lot of these reactions are purely emotional and personal...understandably so but...one should also be able to look at the work from a removed and objective position.

Unfortunately...twitter ensues.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Folks get jealous when something you don't care for gets used by someone else who does a better job.

It's a mark on the franchise she is from than the franchise she is being used in.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Are you all not making too much of the issue? They still very much love each other. T'Challa still let her go with the Sword and was adequately chastised for not paying attention to her on time. This is kind of the superheroic version of a tiff about taking out the trash. At this point Storm and the Black Panther are pretty much end game. But given that they cannot very well retire to have children and keep starring on their comics, we get this sort of thing. I think it was pretty well written, and I would say her relationship with Wakanda is even stronger after the issue.

But! This is not what I wanted to ask! In this issue N'Dare is drawn with white hair in her youth. I think that is a first. Do you think they are about to retcon something in Storm past? Maybe tying her dinasty to Apocalypse via Ashake/Genesis? Or maybe to the past of Wakanda?
    Well said.

I am actually pleased at how impactful the issue was for readers. A lot of reaction in support and opposition to Storm's choices, but those are the stories I ten to like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not storm. go back to hox when they were having the discussion of being completely separate from the larger world. she never has shown even within the duggan books to be only pro mutants.

and that was clearly shown. there is nothing here based in continuity and the biggest issue which was the sword was a retcon that didn't exist prior to this issue. that leads me to believe many other avenues and potential storylines could have been used. they could hsve even gone the route of the bone of swords, but this angle was chosen for a reason. and it wadnt just to show mytants will do what us necessary so I respectfully disagree there.
    Not only pro mutant, but pro-mutant first. That was clear when she reintroduced the Scott, Jean and the others. She is aligned enough to what happening on Krakoa and with the mutant race to put them first.

As someone else pointed out this whole story X of Swords is reconned to have an another half of Krakoa. Adding a sword to Wakanda is a pretty small part of it.

It's been said by the editors and writers that Storm is at the beginning of a story and that this books sets part of that up. We don't know that the story they are going to tell could be done using the sword of bone. Just because it's a part of her ancestral past doesn't mean it has any impact on her future.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering how she retains all her other skills, it's somewhat strange to think she could have lost all her old skills of sneaking, lockpicking and most importantly subtlety from her thieving days.
    It's like if Gambit just blew everything up to steal something.

But then again, Storm trying to solve everything with lightning first seems to have become the standard modus operati for many of her writers. Just like how Wolverine always needs to be heavily injured in every storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The issue wasn't even a good display of Storm's thievery skills. I like the concept of her pulling off a big heist, but it was executed in a boring way. I wanted to see 'Ro picking locks and crawling through airducts like Catwoman.
    THIS . This was one of my gripe with issue.
    They alway say she's a Master thief, but always showcase her super sloppy.
    She hasn't done a heist worth the name. They don't even showcase her escape artis skills.
    I want to see some Carmen Sandeigo level work.
    I want her to break into Hydra, Steal from The Hand, Escape from the inescapable.
    Last time I was impress was when Magneto had her and they entire X-Men reduce to the skill level of infants and she got them out. No powers.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 10-07-2020 at 07:55 PM.

IMO, its almost unfair to compare Coates to Vita. There's no nice way to say this, but Coates is a much, much better writer with a much more solid grasp of characters and storytelling. Vita's Marauders run has felt like a scattering of ideas and things that happen, and not even a solid plot. Coates has spent a lot of time going into the relationship between BP and Storm, even addressing some of the political and racial implications of Krakoa. Vita has Storm acting like a petulant child and taking advantage of her relationships with Wakandan royalty. It basically gives a giant middle finger to everything Coates has done.

The story could have easily worked had it taken place near the end of the 3 day deadline. Its a simple fix that I'm stunned an editor didn't notice. It would have actually given Storm's decision weight. Instead her 'I can't wait for you' just makes her look stupid, because she's now going to be waiting in a circle for 2 days when she could have just waited an hour.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Storm was also dumb to sneak into the place while creating a thunderstorm. WTF?!? The weather was fine that night before she decided to be "covert". It seemed obvious to those that knew what she wanted, that she was up to something. Like she couldnt just create some fog? Why draw attention to herself with the lightning and thunder?

She needed the storm to generate the energy to overload and disable the security system when she got to the storage facility.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She needed the storm to generate the energy to overload and disable the security system when she got to the storage facility.
    No she didnt. She can hurl lightning bolts from her hands. She didnt need to put the whole city on alert to do that. It was a very sloppy sneaking mission