Page 502 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9190

That thunderstorm was basically the batsignal mixed with a blowhorn, telling the whole country that HEY EVERYBODY STORM IS ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK ON HER. Subtle and sly thievery it was not.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Honestly, what in the hell did they think would happen when this issue came out? Did Ayala think every reader would bow down and thank them for writing this mischaracterization? Sure, yes, I'm sure many loved the issue. The book is ranked #1 in some category on Amazon. But they had to know the feathers they would ruffle with this bullshit story. I can tell they are a good writer. But being good at one's craft is not the same as quality storytelling. This issue missed the mark for all of the reasons many have already stated. Just as much as it hit the bullseye with it's ultimate goal--pulling Storm away from Wakanda and T'Challa.

I agree with those who mentioned lost opportunities to explore the various aspects of Ororo. She is more than a protector and a mutant. Those two labels are so limiting. I recommend leaving a review on Amazon and speak your peace. As I mentioned earlier in the day, it won't change a damn thing but at least a review is a long standing form of discontent that will be up for years to come.
    I think Vita believed this would be received well, which is odd. I think the fans of the xbooks have an emphasis record. Usually the fandoms go and attack the writers on their social media pages but this was not the case this time from what i saw. So it was odd that they blocked a few readers who never @them. And agreed they definitely met the objective they were hoping to meet but ignoring the xoffices drama I am thankful gqve me a reason to become invested in storms story again. despite all their efforts tge joy his run gave me is something they will never be able to take away. I hope the fans of vita and the xmen writers enjoy lightning lass they've been so eager to read.
    oh i can't find your post that you stated this but the review idea on Amazon is a good one. do you need an account or can it be done as a guest?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Block chains. Someone you might follow fits the requirements of the block chain and that is probably why.

If one buys the book and states what they liked and did not like is NOT an attack on the creator.

Butterflykyss and others are not gators who don't buy or even read the book yet go after creators for existing.

These folks bought that book.

Vita is FREE to not listen to any of them.

Here is the THING.....

Butterflykyss and the rest are also FREE to write reviews and to NEVER buy another book by Vita. That blocking folks will help enforce that.

Kingdom X & Lordallmighty are right-how do you grow if you don't listen to criticism/feedback?

All it takes is ONE bad book to SOUR folks on you.
    thank you so much for these words i truly appreciate them. I ignore certain posts and users when I see irrelevant points being made meamt to be inflammatory. however, your posts here is very spot on. I was actually rooting fir vits to do well going into the issue before I read the actual issue so to see they would just block people who expressed their discontent with the issue was unfortunate. oh well money saved !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That thunderstorm was basically the batsignal mixed with a blowhorn, telling the whole country that HEY EVERYBODY STORM IS ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK ON HER. Subtle and sly thievery it was not.
    I really have loved all the input I've seen from you today. please post more!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Folks get jealous when something you don't care for gets used by someone else who does a better job.

It's a mark on the franchise she is from than the franchise she is being used in.

hello? and this feels very reminiscent to what was done after avx. the xoffices break the alart and promise they have "big plans" for storm. this time I won't be falling for the okie doke.

IMO, its almost unfair to compare Coates to Vita. There's no nice way to say this, but Coates is a much, much better writer with a much more solid grasp of characters and storytelling. Vita's Marauders run has felt like a scattering of ideas and things that happen, and not even a solid plot. Coates has spent a lot of time going into the relationship between BP and Storm, even addressing some of the political and racial implications of Krakoa. Vita has Storm acting like a petulant child and taking advantage of her relationships with Wakandan royalty. It basically gives a giant middle finger to everything Coates has done.

The story could have easily worked had it taken place near the end of the 3 day deadline. Its a simple fix that I'm stunned an editor didn't notice. It would have actually given Storm's decision weight. Instead her 'I can't wait for you' just makes her look stupid, because she's now going to be waiting in a circle for 2 days when she could have just waited an hour.

I wholeheartedly agree to every point made in this post. if one reads coates BP&C, and black panther runs (noth season) its blatantly clear how much this man is a fan of the xmen and storm. his ability to reference important moments from that run (outback era, adversaey battle, mkran crystal, etc) i found to be most impressive. then he layered this with showing her being a mutil-dimensional character who was able to deal with issues spanning many areas including her perspective on race, on being a woman, and beung a hero. it was so fresking refreshing to see and then marauders 13 dropped lol. it was wrong for all the reasons you pointed out. what i found most egregious is that she literally was like there is no time only to get sword and still find herself waiting. she came across like suck a freaking idiot.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Are you all not making too much of the issue? They still very much love each other. T'Challa still let her go with the Sword and was adequately chastised for not paying attention to her on time. This is kind of the superheroic version of a tiff about taking out the trash. At this point Storm and the Black Panther are pretty much end game. But given that they cannot very well retire to have children and keep starring on their comics, we get this sort of thing. I think it was pretty well written, and I would say her relationship with Wakanda is even stronger after the issue.

But! This is not what I wanted to ask! In this issue N'Dare is drawn with white hair in her youth. I think that is a first. Do you think they are about to retcon something in Storm past? Maybe tying her dinasty to Apocalypse via Ashake/Genesis? Or maybe to the past of Wakanda?
    I have to agree with this. I think Vita did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's not personal...they don't know any of you from Adam and Eve...they're just protecting their emotional selves. As they (or any other creator) should...Twitter is a cesspool filled to overflowing with entitled little shyts.
    Very much this. Twitter is full of crazy. Vita should probably block a load more tbh.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post

Very much this. Twitter is full of crazy. Vita should probably block a load more tbh.

I will second that thought , Twitter is a cesspool AND Vita as black person and woman(for this purpose there is no other way to describe it, I know Vita is nonbinary ) they have come under attack for being those things and other silliness in such mean and gross way when they initially start writing comics it is without a doubt it is understandable they will quickly block anything even close to looking toxic. Having to deal with garbage comicsgate people and other a-holes will do that.

The bright side Vita is proven good, It is going to be pretty fun seeing people come around to Vita. I read enough Liverwire to know she can handle Storm well if she was give her over a extended period and luckily that should happen some in Children of the Atom.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-08-2020 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No she didnt. She can hurl lightning bolts from her hands. She didnt need to put the whole city on alert to do that. It was a very sloppy sneaking mission
    Ok time to wank this. Here I go.

Obviously storm was super upset and emotionally so girl really had no control over the lightning over wakanda. Side affect of her powers being linked to her emotions. I fully expected some uncontrollable background rain etc when wolverine got an aurora. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Vita's Marauders run has felt like a scattering of ideas and things that happen, and not even a solid plot.
    Vita has written literally one issue of Marauders, not exactly a "run".

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Vita has written literally one issue of Marauders, not exactly a "run".
    Yeah I don’t want people to start blaming Vita for Storm’s lackluster treatment in Marauders for the past year because of one issue. Actually now that I think about it, they probably had some version of this plot planned out and it probably would have been a whole lot worse if Duggan had written it.

My overall feelings on the issue haven’t changed, but I’m finding myself more frustrated with the X-office than with Vita as a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I don’t want people to start blaming Vita for Storm’s lackluster treatment in Marauders for the past year because of one issue. Actually now that I think about it, they probably had some version of this plot planned out and it probably would have been a whole lot worse if Duggan had written it.

My overall feelings on the issue haven’t changed, but I’m finding myself more frustrated with the X-office than with Vita as a writer.
    That's true. people should differentiate between disliking the story and taking it out on Vita.

I'm not a fan of the details but the end result was fine for me so thank you Vita. Further separation of BP and Storm and ultimately ending the romance. They can end on good terms and move on.

I don't use twitter but basically if what I gather is correct (just judging from what i'm reading here) you can only praise the writers and thank them otherwise you are some kind of psycho/stalker and any negative opinion is null and void, maybe It all seems exacerbated from the forums but it seems like this kind of interaction involves quite a bit of pampering.
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-08-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

While I think that Vita Ayala is the low hanging fruit in this situation, they are still the writer of this issue. If they can stand and take the glory and praise from those who loved the story then they should be able to take the lumps from those who did not. And no, I am not talking about disrespectful posts. I don't support bullying or negative lashing out. But they should have no problem standing behind what they wrote. They did their job. We can debate whether they was told to create a relationship-ending rift between Ororo and T'Challa. I personally think they was. But that does not give them a pass, IMO. I also don't assume that they wanted to write anything less than what they did.

Negative reviews and feedback do not feel good. But they are part of what it means to be a writer, especially a writer on a big stage.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-08-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I don't use twitter but basically if what I gather is correct (just judging from what i'm reading here) you can only praise the writers and thank them otherwise you are some kind of psycho/stalker and any negative opinion is null and void, maybe It all seems exacerbated from the forums but it seems like this kind of interaction involves quite a bit of pampering.
    Imagine if there was no modding on the forum. There would be positive comments, negative comments and then batshit crazy comments, death threats etc. That's twitter. It's a maelstrom. Also of course everyone can give a negative (reasonable) comment, but that doesn't mean anyone has to listen. Individuals are entitled to that.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    yes this is correct. people as they unfortunately always seem to do incorrectly assume people attacked vita. no one attacked them personally at any point and no one at them in their criticism. it would be one thing if users went to their page and harassed them with hostile tweets as some fans do but that did not happen. people provided their feedback in a public manner respective to the issue which is fair game imho. nevertheless, for me at least this reader will not be supporting any of their work moving forward but i wish them well in their future endeavors.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And...just because you are entitled to give a negative comment does not mean you have to be a rude, disrespectful SeeYouNextTuesday towards the creator.

While I may personalise the work and feel deeply and strongly about it, the writers and the artists aren't creating for me and only me. And what I may hate others will love and vice versa.
    So attacking the creators for my disappointment (and let's be honest, that's exactly what it is...personal disappointment) is beyond ludicrous.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I spent Wednesday outside in nature, but I see there has been a lot of discussion based on the latest Marauders issue. I have not read the several pages in the threads yet, but here are some of my thoughts on the story:

Overall I enjoyed the story. Vita crafted a powerful story, even if you could see Hickman's architecture, the emotions were more nuanced than he can render, so good for them. I think the tension was slightly contrived though, and making Storm the last to join the circle under a ticking clock would have made her look less hasty. I also would have preferred a more delicate touch against the Wakandans. As has often been the case in this DoX era, the brutal violence was gratuitous. Storm already developed a gentle atmospheric ko technique. Especially if time is of the essence, just drop everyone and take it. Why waste time getting in brutish fisticuffs?

6551106-3833964-3417717-manipulating+electricity+in+the+atmosphere+around+multi-target+&+shockin.jpg

That said, by restraining her power use early on, the confrontation with Shuri was made all the more impactful when Storm finally decided to let her have a taste of lightning, so I understand the narrative function of that choice.

As for the main subject at hand; I think it's very funny that I pointed out from the preview that it was strange Ororo hadn't talked to T'Challa about the sword first before going to Wakanda... and that ends up being the final plot twist of the issue!

But it is true! T'Challa has CONSTANTLY put Ororo after his other priorities. Whether that was ditching her to chase after Klaw when they were kids, risking her life for vibranium against Doom, running off to play Daredevil, annulling their marriage over politics, sleeping with her before the Incursion but not telling her about it, running off to play space explorer and coming back with a girlfriend and a space war for Storm to take down, he ALWAYS leaves her on hold. This woman fought Death itself for him, was willing to exchange her life for his. The fact that Ororo reached out to him for help and he didn't bother to respond for so long must have felt really horrible for her. She must have felt abandoned and dejected.

I think she was just tired of waiting for him. She had an omniverse to save.

I would have tweaked the story a bit here or there, but I liked it. Go ahead Vita!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I spent Wednesday outside in nature, but I see there has been a lot of discussion based on the latest Marauders issue. I have not read the several pages in the threads yet, but here are some of my thoughts on the story:

Overall I enjoyed the story. Vita crafted a powerful story, even if you could see Hickman's architecture, the emotions were more nuanced than he can render, so good for them. I think the tension was slightly contrived though, and making Storm the last to join the circle under a ticking clock would have made her look less hasty. I also would have preferred a more delicate touch against the Wakandans. As has often been the case in this DoX era, the brutal violence was gratuitous. Storm already developed a gentle atmospheric ko technique. Especially if time is of the essence, just drop everyone and take it. Why waste time getting in brutish fisticuffs?

6551106-3833964-3417717-manipulating+electricity+in+the+atmosphere+around+multi-target+&+shockin.jpg

That said, by restraining her power use early on, the confrontation with Shuri was made all the more impactful when Storm finally decided to let her have a taste of lightning, so I understand the narrative function of that choice.

As for the main subject at hand; I think it's very funny that I pointed out from the preview that it was strange Ororo hadn't talked to T'Challa about the sword first before going to Wakanda... and that ends up being the final plot twist of the issue!

But it is true! T'Challa has CONSTANTLY put Ororo after his other priorities. Whether that was ditching her to chase after Klaw when they were kids, risking her life for vibranium against Doom, running off to play Daredevil, annulling their marriage over politics, sleeping with her before the Incursion but not telling her about it, running off to play space explorer and coming back with a girlfriend and a space war for Storm to take down, he ALWAYS leaves her on hold. This woman fought Death itself for him, was willing to exchange her life for his. The fact that Ororo reached out to him for help and he didn't bother to respond for so long must have felt really horrible for her. She must have felt abandoned and dejected.

I think she was just tired of waiting for him. She had an omniverse to save.

I would have tweaked the story a bit here or there, but I liked it. Go ahead Vita!

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxUNda05 hoGRjodAVd6%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1[/IG]
    i was waiting 4 ur thoughts. when she removed power to the the building I was hoping to see something like this:

instead it was so much lightning. but it was cute storm at least remembered she can control temperature.