Page 508 of 613 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 9190

They literally just asked her to wait a day or two. She didn't even wait an hour. She didn't ask any of the dozens of telepaths to give him a ping. They have the Cuckoos stationed all over the world to act as a network for communication! Did no one even think that hey, maybe he's still being tortured by Moon Knight? Or Mephisto? Or any of the dozens of problems that the Avengers have going on? We have been given a ticking clock of three days, but no indication of how much time has passed or is passing. I don't understand this obsession with making Shuri, BP and the queen mother into some kind of shady bastards because they didn't immediately hand over a national treasure when Storm asked, while providing no details on why she wants it besides some vague 'the world is in danger' talk. And then when you factor in the whole 'dignitary or a foreign country that has been acting weirdly from day 1' angle, and its more confusing that they were as nice to her as they were.

We don't even see her try to call BP. We don't have any evidence at all that they are deliberately ignoring her, insulting her or trying to control her. And that's not even getting into how much of a catastrophic loss this is diplomatically. A leader of mutantkind had a romatic relationship with the king of the most technologically advanced nation in the world, on top of being the leader of the Avengers. Krakoa could have literally had a potential claim to the throne of Wakanda in a generation. Now the people there will hate her and distrust Krakoa, and since Krakoa is representing all of mutantkind, all mutants by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They literally just asked her to wait a day or two. She didn't even wait an hour. She didn't ask any of the dozens of telepaths to give him a ping. They have the Cuckoos stationed all over the world to act as a network for communication! Did no one even think that hey, maybe he's still being tortured by Moon Knight? Or Mephisto? Or any of the dozens of problems that the Avengers have going on? We have been given a ticking clock of three days, but no indication of how much time has passed or is passing. I don't understand this obsession with making Shuri, BP and the queen mother into some kind of shady bastards because they didn't immediately hand over a national treasure when Storm asked, while providing no details on why she wants it besides some vague 'the world is in danger' talk. And then when you factor in the whole 'dignitary or a foreign country that has been acting weirdly from day 1' angle, and its more confusing that they were as nice to her as they were.

We don't even see her try to call BP. We don't have any evidence at all that they are deliberately ignoring her, insulting her or trying to control her. And that's not even getting into how much of a catastrophic loss this is diplomatically. A leader of mutantkind had a romatic relationship with the king of the most technologically advanced nation in the world, on top of being the leader of the Avengers. Krakoa could have literally had a potential claim to the throne of Wakanda in a generation. Now the people there will hate her and distrust Krakoa, and since Krakoa is representing all of mutantkind, all mutants by proxy.
    I don't know who is making them shady. That is the whole point they made a choice. Wakanda was first and as such Storm made a choice and the people she has spent most of her life with at this point were first. They both had the same choice to make and no one back down this time. I have seen Storm back down many times in the past. That is not saying anyone is right or wrong and that is what makes the issue good despite what can be ripped to shred in the plot. There was also a lot of truth in the script these are things Storm has been hearing for years even in BP's book but because it was BP book it was to be accepted, well this wasn't a BP book.

And i just realized that is the underlying problem. IN a BP book Storm would be expected to at the end of the day understand the title character but in an X-book she won't have to and whatever choice she makes will be from the standpoint of what's good for the X-office. It just is what it is.

IMO their reaction and wakanda reaction going that deep sounds more shady than anything that has been stated thus far. Like reflect and move on wakanda. Tchalla seemed to get it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-08-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

RCO007_1469514165.jpg
    If only Storm used this power more

'reflect and move on'? A foreign dignitary waltzed in, used her friendships as cover to assault the palace guards, the princess, and steal a national treasure. In any decently written story that would be grounds for war. That they just sort of let her go is bizarre. That Krakoa keeps doing stuff like this and suffering no consequences is baffling to me.

'reflect and move on'? A foreign dignitary waltzed in, used her friendships as cover to assault the palace guards, the princess, and steal a national treasure. In any decently written story that would be grounds for war. That they just sort of let her go is bizarre. That Krakoa keeps doing stuff like this and suffering no consequences is baffling to me.
    But at the end of the day tchalla said it all. He does not know ororo to be a liar and he has known her longer than anyone. So at the end of the day if he knows she is no liar and let her leave with the sword anyway and if he did even listen to any of her calls and was able to connect with his mother before he connected with ororo at some point logic dictates he wanted to see if she would wait for him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And you know what thinking about it further if we are using coates run as a barometer where he was all "sisters are doing it for themselves." why did these women need to wait on tchalla who coates made nothing more than a figure head. If we are acting on Storm has all this information because she participated in that run then i can def see why she mad as hell.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

okay, so I was reading the issues when Fantastic Four (Storm and BP) were in Skrull world. So after than Killmonger became the focus. I stumbled across this and not sure what to say... Does this monkey go around calling everyone animals/apes or?

RCO024_1469636412.jpg
    Last edited by KLY360; 10-08-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And as long as storm is the fiercest hen that ever protected I will enjoy. I'm pretty simple. But again I see your point and the bp fans and nobody is wrong here. Even the people who got what we wanted admit it could have been done better. Hell tchalla could have picked up face the sword and we got a date issue or a deeper ororo issue but this is what we got and I'm okay with it and loved it but I understand those who don't. I just learned into the one part that spoke to me, the utter frustration. But again and you may remember my post because at one point I was standing with you but Coates lost me at the nakia can be your side piece thing. Are you really surprised a woman that would tell another woman she could warm her man's bed because he was simple minded and had needs would wait on said man. Shed be a damn fool imo.
    I recall you not disliking that scene but that was a minor blip and she eventually died. I doubt she can be too fierce playing xavier for the new kiddos.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I recall you not disliking that scene but that was a minor blip and she eventually died. I doubt she can be too fierce playing xavier for the new kiddos.
    Please search my post history then. I threw a fit and people were telling me to calm down an acting like i was doing too much when i felt Coates crapped on my investment by basically having Storm tell another woman he could have a side piece because he is basic. I remember it because it was one of the few times i went off.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Where did it say that he came back because his mother got a hold of him? He just shows back up with no explanation. You're reading in to the story some bizarre test of character and loyalty the Wakandan are putting Storm through that never actually happened

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Please search my post history then. I threw a fit and people were telling me to calm down an acting like i was doing too much when i felt Coates crapped on my investment by basically having Storm tell another woman he could have a side piece because he is basic. I remember it because it was one of the few times i went off.
    my bad I meant to say not liking. that was a typo. im slick falling to sleep as I type over here lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

facts again. there are many reasons why he could have been unavailable and as a hero storm should understand that. she just comes off really silly in this issue

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

And where in the hell did Storm get the fake sword? LOL. She had time to think of a contingency plan, that involved theft and the manufacturing of a fake sword, but not enough time to wait until morning to see if Ramonda could have better luck reaching T'Challa.

Okay, I'm going to let this dog die because what is done is done. The X-Writers told the story they wanted to tell, pushed the points they wanted to push, no matter how illogical and contrived, and ignored mature characterization and four years of storytelling to advance their own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my bad I meant to say not liking. that was a typo. im slick falling to sleep as I type over here lol
    Lol i get it i'm should be tired since i worked all day but i'm drinking this jack and chasing it down with a heinkein all the while watching unmentionable videos and reading comments here so im all over the place fired up. lol. Back then all i was saying was obviously Storm doubted Tchalla, i'm sorry, no man or woman that is really into someone is going to be all " when i'm not around you can have him on the side because he is just a man." like who? lol. i mean come on. Storm ain't that damn evolved. Like we really suppose to believe a woman who don't have her doubts about a man going to be all you can have him cause he weak. She didn't trust tchalla then and she didn't trust to wait on him now.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Where did it say that he came back because his mother got a hold of him? He just shows back up with no explanation. You're reading in to the story some bizarre test of character and loyalty the Wakandan are putting Storm through that never actually happened
    Then what was all the "wait " for then. "just wait." "all you had to do is wait." "wait for tchalla" tchalla's first line was :"my mother." so he if he didn't contact her and just showed up then i don't understand why anyone could be mad at Ororo when the ionly info she got was days and then he just popped up. either way no one had definitive timeline for when he would return.

And just to point out if the first BP is hearing of the situation if from his mother upon arrival that shows on the way back he either ignored Storm's messages or listened and faking.
    also given all ororo has done for wakanda why is their wait any more valid than her "all you had to do was trust me" sounds like lacking faith in your supposed goddess. so she done lost ya'll powerup anyway.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.