Page 509 of 613 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And you know what thinking about it further if we are using coates run as a barometer where he was all "sisters are doing it for themselves." why did these women need to wait on tchalla who coates made nothing more than a figure head.
    Coates reversed the "tchalla aint king anymore" thing the moment his second arc started.

It is a constitutional monarchy based on a few panels btu all the new "parliament" people did is beg T'challa to do everything for him.

He seems to have full autonomy to do what he wants. And even if he didn't and the parliament had more power... Shuri and Ramonda aren't the parliament. T'challa still outranks them.

Basically Coates spent a year trying to change the wakanda government and then the movie came out and marvel editors said "naw brah, and by the way, make sure to suddenly bring Okoye back to life and make sure the doras who hate you now like you again and do that movie salute thing and oh btw, all that work you spent making Shuri Griot... naw she a super inventor genius now that shits got to go"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates reversed the "tchalla aint king anymore" thing the moment his second arc started.

It is a constitutional monarchy based on a few panels btu all the new "parliament" people did is beg T'challa to do everything for him.

He seems to have full autonomy to do what he wants. And even if he didn't and the parliament had more power... Shuri and Ramonda aren't the parliament. T'challa still outranks them.

Basically Coates spent a year trying to change the wakanda government and then the movie came out and marvel editors said "naw brah, and by the way, make sure to suddenly bring Okoye back to life and make sure the doras who hate you now like you again and do that movie salute thing and oh btw, all that work you spent making Shuri Griot... naw she a super inventor genius now that shits got to go"
    See that was hard to understand in the galatic story, how much power was reinstated to tchalla. either way coates stated this. i was stanning Storm/BP hard and then dude going to be all Tchalla is basic and as such he needs a side piece. Naw i'm sorry no. Maybe i'm old fashion unless you some ol cuckold type you not about to be all inviting someeone to sleep with your significant other. Naw.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Where did it say that he came back because his mother got a hold of him? He just shows back up with no explanation. You're reading in to the story some bizarre test of character and loyalty the Wakandan are putting Storm through that never actually happened
    They didn't, dudes reachin hard to make Tchalla look bad. The same T'challa that went, "I know and trust you, you don't lie, take the sword but there are consequences for this."

If T'challa was really a dick, he would have stopped her right then and there. He didn't, because T'challa frequently puts "the world" over Wakanda when "the world" is at stake.

He trusted her and for some reason jwatson is trying to find a worst case scenario between the lines.

I mean hell... maybe his moms can reach him when no one else can.... it is his damn mom lol. is that wrong? Is that a bad thing now he answers his moms phone calls lol?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I know this is off topic, but I HATE forced synergy with the movies. Like what do y’all think is gonna happen in a couple of years when you run out of source material and you realize that the most recent comics are just cheap imitations of the movies you were adapting to begin with.

See that was hard to understand in the galatic story, how much power was reinstated to tchalla. either way coates stated this. i was stanning Storm/BP hard and then dude going to be all Tchalla is basic and as such he needs a side piece. Naw i'm sorry no. Maybe i'm old fashion unless you some ol cuckold type you not about to be all inviting someeone to sleep with your significant other. Naw.
    Are the mutants having orgies on Krakoa????

What day is it?

See that's different. But Coates was acting like Storm LOVED BP and he lvoed her. There is no doubt in my mind. I read Avs X and i hated the way Tchalla treated storm but this man changed. This man went out of his way to apologize, to wear his heart on his sleeve. To pursue her, to show her he changed, that he understood the goddess she was and accepted her and her people. And she went behind his back and talked to another woman and implied she doesn't care that she keeo her man bed warm because he basic and she a goddess with things to do after what she just went through in I vs. X. I really do try to see things from and in universe point. That was the lowest point for Storm i ever experienced. This man that truly changed for her and became better for her and made her better she talk about like he was some basic you know the word. That issue hurt. And i was done with coates after that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

A light interview with Vita Ayala on Marauders #13 for those interested:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/x-of-swords-...1845316824/amp

Nothing most didn’t already glean but some insight into the approach to create the conflict.

I love how Storm will be a major part of the Marvel universe upcoming movies and will be a huge part of the tie in which will result in the Avengers vs X-Men film

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

'reflect and move on'? A foreign dignitary waltzed in, used her friendships as cover to assault the palace guards, the princess, and steal a national treasure. In any decently written story that would be grounds for war. That they just sort of let her go is bizarre. That Krakoa keeps doing stuff like this and suffering no consequences is baffling to me.
    Where did it say that he came back because his mother got a hold of him? He just shows back up with no explanation. You're reading in to the story some bizarre test of character and loyalty the Wakandan are putting Storm through that never actually happened
    The book states that T'Challa heard about the Sword tourney from Ramonda and he obviously let's her go because she wouldn't do something so stupid if it wasn't so serious.
    "Cable was right!"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    And where in the hell did Storm get the fake sword? LOL. She had time to think of a contingency plan, that involved theft and the manufacturing of a fake sword, but not enough time to wait until morning to see if Ramonda could have better luck reaching T'Challa.

Okay, I'm going to let this dog die because what is done is done. The X-Writers told the story they wanted to tell, pushed the points they wanted to push, no matter how illogical and contrived, and ignored mature characterization and four years of storytelling to advance their own agenda.
    right??? hahahaha its a so absurd.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Then what was all the "wait " for then. "just wait." "all you had to do is wait." "wait for tchalla" tchalla's first line was :"my mother." so he if he didn't contact her and just showed up then i don't understand why anyone could be mad at Ororo when the ionly info she got was days and then he just popped up. either way no one had definitive timeline for when he would return.

And just to point out if the first BP is hearing of the situation if from his mother upon arrival that shows on the way back he either ignored Storm's messages or listened and faking.
    also given all ororo has done for wakanda why is their wait any more valid than her "all you had to do was trust me" sounds like lacking faith in your supposed goddess. so she done lost ya'll powerup anyway.
    Maybe they asked her to wait because he just wasn't there and they didn't know when exactly he'd be back? You know, the actual text of the story? Asking her to wait because its a thing the king is supposed to sign off on and they don't expect him to be gone long? Its not that complicated. And if his mother did actually get a hold of him, so? So he was busy, and the person who finally got through to him was his mother, who let him know there was something important that needed his attention in Wakanda. We have zero indication that this was all a sinister test of loyalty.

Lol i get it i'm should be tired since i worked all day but i'm drinking this jack and chasing it down with a heinkein all the while watching unmentionable videos and reading comments here so im all over the place fired up. lol. Back then all i was saying was obviously Storm doubted Tchalla, i'm sorry, no man or woman that is really into someone is going to be all " when i'm not around you can have him on the side because he is just a man." like who? lol. i mean come on. Storm ain't that damn evolved. Like we really suppose to believe a woman who don't have her doubts about a man going to be all you can have him cause he weak. She didn't trust tchalla then and she didn't trust to wait on him now.
    sounds like you having a pretty lit night lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    A light interview with Vita Ayala on Marauders #13 for those interested:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/x-of-swords-...1845316824/amp

Nothing most didn’t already glean but some insight into the approach to create the conflict.
    “With the costume, I thought ‘well, she’s a diplomat as well as being the former regent of this place,’” Ayala said. “She is on friendly terms, but she’s asking a favor. Alright, well, let’s dress her in white because she’s going under a flag of truth. She’s literally wearing that. And then of of course, she becomes a thief in the night, and I was like ‘you’ve gotta reverse that, now. All black.”

Umm, okay. LOL. That's real powerhouse plotting there.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    “With the costume, I thought ‘well, she’s a diplomat as well as being the former regent of this place,’” Ayala said. “She is on friendly terms, but she’s asking a favor. Alright, well, let’s dress her in white because she’s going under a flag of truth. She’s literally wearing that. And then of of course, she becomes a thief in the night, and I was like ‘you’ve gotta reverse that, now. All black.”

Umm, okay. LOL. That's real powerhouse plotting there.
    chile I thought it was... you know what. nevermind..