Page 51 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like what you did here but you didnt answer my question. what was there to retreat from when they were hitting the automatic defenses hard?
    I didn't answer your question because it's irrelevant to the past few responses i've been telling now.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-30-2020 at 02:27 PM.

yes that one was really cute too. it kinda put me in the mind of xmen gold when she used lightning to take out all the sentinels.

and what theme do you think that is exactly?
    Its more the way she gets hit. In issue 1 she is nearly nailed (due to fatigue) but was saved by Scott and then here she is so focused on taking out the 3 aerial drones in front of her but leaves herself vulnerable to attack from behind. I guess I am expecting the writers to leverage her tactical skill/thinking more vs her positioning herself in combat where she looks shortsighted in her approach. Like why fly up to the sentinels face/open sky when, while it looked awesome and dramatic, she doesn’t need to and has a jungle and flight to maneuver while attacking with protection/defense options. Or use her powers (Heavy fog/electrically charged air) to make herself a harder target to locate. Or note why, even if she is focused in her attack, she doesn’t sense her attackers position in the atmosphere so she can be ready to react (even though sensing them doesn’t mean she’ll always be able to react in time). I’m being super critical lol but it just seems like Hickman has a theme with this line of behavior that I think is unusual for Ororo.

In either case I enjoyed the issue and Storm’s role in the story.

And agreed with Sugarfree. Its better than Storm being a drooling hot ass mess and looking weak sauce lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I didn't answer your question because it's irrelevant to the past few responses i've been telling now.
    basically you just answered my question. there was nothing that occurred that would require them to retreat

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Its more the way she gets hit. In issue 1 she is nearly nailed (due to fatigue) but was saved by Scott and then here she is so focused on taking out the 3 aerial drones in front of her but leaves herself vulnerable to attack from behind. I guess I am expecting the writers to leverage her tactical skill/thinking more vs her positioning herself in combat where she looks shortsighted in her approach. Like why fly up to the sentinels face/open sky when, while it looked awesome and dramatic, she doesn’t need to and has a jungle and flight to maneuver while attacking with protection/defense options. Or use her powers (Heavy fog/electrically charged air) to make herself a harder target to locate. Or note why, even if she is focused in her attack, she doesn’t sense her attackers position in the atmosphere so she can be ready to react (even though sensing them doesn’t mean she’ll always be able to react in time). I’m being super critical lol but it just seems like Hickman has a theme with this line of behavior that I think is unusual for Ororo.

In either case I enjoyed the issue and Storm’s role in the story.

And agreed with Sugarfree. Its better than Storm being a drooling hot ass mess and looking weak sauce lol.
    lolol you know I just had a convo with a friend that her attack didnt require her to be our and in the open I would love to see her be more covert with her attacks like how saw in wolverine when they snuck into wakanda. I cant blame Hickman though as many writers are guilty of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I actually thought this was a foreshadowing to an effort to overwhelm her or take her out somehow.
    This is what I was thinking as well.

I hope at some point we get to see Ororo and Bast interact with one another. Especially now that Storm has transcended to Hadari Yao and has the faith of some of the Wakandan people.

I also want Ororo and N'Jadaka to meet since he too became a God.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

basically you just answered my question. there was nothing that occurred that would require them to retreat
    We are talking about what was and what wasn't part of the plan.

You are talking about something totally different. Hence why I didn't acknowledge your questions in the first place. If anything you probably answered your own question which isn't what we are discussing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I hope at some point we get to see Ororo and Bast interact with one another. Especially now that Storm has transcended to Hadari Yao and has the faith of some of the Wakandan people.

This seems like a Story Plot.

I don't see it as an issue, If Bast is already part of a pantheon, then people already worship multiple ones anyway. I'm waiting to see if Coates remembers that Wakandans also see Monica as a goddess, including Tchalla. Worst that would happen is Bast would call her a pretender(which I believe she has in the past) and Storm would probably agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't see it as an issue, If Bast is already part of a pantheon, then people already worship multiple ones anyway. I'm waiting to see if Coates remembers that Wakandans also see Monica as a goddess, including Tchalla. Worst that would happen is Bast would call her a pretender(which I believe she has in the past) and Storm would probably agree.
    I don't think it would be an issue per se either, but, I think it can lead to some interesting conversations. Storm and Bast always seemed to have a tense relationship with one another to begin with, but I do think they can learn some things from one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I don't think it would be an issue per se either, but, I think it can lead to some interesting conversations. Storm and Bast always seemed to have a tense relationship with one another to begin with, but I do think they can learn some things from one another.
    Agreed and I think that would make for a compelling story/conversation between them. I feel like Coates has been planning for this. Not necessarily a fight but a Good lengthier WAP level conversation.

BANNED

I want Storm and Bast to fight. THAT'S what I want to see. Or at least Bast to acknowledge Storm took her followers or something like that.

Right now, everyone is not happy with Bast.

I guess the fact that there have been zero comments on this preview speaks for itself but what are your thoughts on the preview pages:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rdauterma...95053817163777

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed and I think that would make for a compelling story/conversation between them. I feel like Coates has been planning for this. Not necessarily a fight but a Good lengthier WAP level conversation.
    yes I dont think we hsve seen bast or ororo have an exchange in BP. if it happens it should be really good, if it is similar to shuris convo.

also I'm still not sure if this all bast personality or a bit of the girls personality mixed in to her own.

BANNED

I want to say that Tree is a representation of Storm's Godhood.

I guess the fact that there have been zero comments on this preview speaks for itself but what are your thoughts on the preview pages:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rdauterma...95053817163777

Looks like he'll be referencing the Shuri book.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I want to say that Tree is a representation of Storm's Godhood.
    why do you say that? that is an interesting theory.