Page 515 of 613 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Actually, you kind of can. IIRC Gerry Duggan has specifically mentioned in interviews that he was told he wasn't able to do much with Storm until there were no longer plans for her in the BP book, and was excited to be able to do more with her.
    he did say that but that just means he knew at that time he was pushing to end what coates was working on and didn't want to build upon it or at the very least not contradict it. tchalla had no impact to that other than wanting to end the noise coming from thise who liked coates vision for storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    At least someone is able to acknowledge this. Vita more than likely wanted to write this because I could tell from their whole vibe she probably didn't like T'Challa/Storm as a couple. That and her Shuri issues from her ongoing. But of course the X-office would jump at the opportunity to have a black (woman? person?) take the reins for the one issue that substantially focuses on "the blacks" and cause strife. If Duggan wrote what Vita did there'd be more push back and Marvel is smart enough now to realize that. That doesn't make it right though, because people ideally should be able to call out contrived writing whenever they see it, no matter who the writer is and the racial or sexual identity of the characters they're writing. It's all about marketing and this issue hit all the standard things that would excite the fanbase. A black writer? Check. A black woman "liberating" herself from a "toxic", incompetent black man? Check. Shitting on Black Panther and making Wakanda look bad? Check.
    absolutely. the review I posted earlier talked about this trope, the "independent woman, i dont need a man" narrative. its quite funny, vita presents this story in a fashion as that tchalla was holding her back from being able to be the protector she aims to be be, but that certainly wasn't the dynamic in Coates' black panther. all the criticism this issue and vita have received is well warranted. it is just unfortunate we had to see yet another x story of black characters resorting to slugging it out as opposed to working together towards a common goal. that said, coates tried to change that narrative and i appreciate him very much for his efforts. it will never be forgotten.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This review gives a beautiful recap of why I did not like this issue. Spot on accurate:

https://www.ndjonesparanormalpleasur...ers-13-review/
    I agree 100%. This issue about Storm being wife/queen/mutant was settled in WORLD'S APART.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Have y'all ever thought about applying to be an X-Writer
    No thanks, I don't use that playbook. Not into, dysfunctional Black couples or sidelining poc.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    think on the bright side, if Duggan had written this it would have been worse.
    It's quite hilarious, actually, all this raging. For twelve issues the Storm fans have been complaining about not enough Storm front and centre being the bad-ass HBIC...Duggan is a lack-lustre writer who doesn't get her voice...too much Kate and Emma...

They're finally given a Storm-centric issue where we get some deeper charaterisation, cool h2h and power displays, beauty-full renditions of Storm throughout by Lolli...not written by Duggan and...they ALL hate it.

Some readers just never want to be pleased, will never be pleased.

I don't know about anyone else but...I've been thoroughly entertained by all this.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's quite hilarious, actually, all this raging. For twelve issues the Storm fans have been complaining about not enough Storm front and centre being the bad-ass HBIC...Duggan is a lack-lustre writer who doesn't get her voice...too much Kate and Emma...

They're finally given a Storm-centric issue where we get some deeper charaterisation, cool h2h and power displays, beauty-full renditions of Storm throughout by Lolli...not written by Duggan and...they ALL hate it.

Some readers just never want to be pleased, will never be pleased.

I don't know about anyone else but...I've been thoroughly entertained by all this.
    I just can't. I swear the more i'm reading the more i don't think Vita went far enough. This situation has brought up a lot of memories of all Storm had to go through like going to hell and back, your husband abandoning you and it's really making me feel like where was all the outrage when Storm was on the receiving end. Then it was all scholars talking about "Well surely you can't expect Storm to.. when it's a BP book." I have crossed the line to entertained now as well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just can't. I swear the more i'm reading the more i don't think Vita went far enough. This situation has brought up a lot of memories of all Storm had to go through like going to hell and back, your husband abandoning you and it's really making me feel like where was all the outrage when Storm was on the receiving end. Then it was all scholars talking about "Well surely you can't expect Storm to.. when it's a BP book." I have crossed the line to entertained now as well.
    I didnt like what Liss did. Storm should have been in Hell's Kitchen with him. It would have been a fun superhero duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I didnt like what Liss did. Storm should have been in Hell's Kitchen with him. It would have been a fun superhero duo.
    Basically but instead of that we always got Ororo sidelined but hey, everything is perfect.

Personally i enjoyed extraordinary x-men and what others consider lighhtning lass more so than i enjoyed sidelined wakanda first me second storm. Tchalla has a nation and so does Storm. Why is okay to put his first even if it puts her in danger but she isn't expected to do the same. Some i'm like eh now.

Bring on the death in otherworld rebirth with only select memories. Bring her back as though she had stayed in kenya and ruled it. lol Tchalla will be all ororo iqad and Storm can be all "I don't know her." *shrugs*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    That parting scene between Storm and T'Challa could have been written in a different way/direction...and it would have been perfectly justified on Ororo's part.
    But I do appreciate the almost quiet intensity and restraint they both showed.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

How much leeway did they give Liss though?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    How much leeway did they give Liss though?
    He still wrote it. Would have been better if she wasn't in it at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Actually, you kind of can. IIRC Gerry Duggan has specifically mentioned in interviews that he was told he wasn't able to do much with Storm until there were no longer plans for her in the BP book, and was excited to be able to do more with her.
    The exact same tactic that was used when against Storm during Hudlin's days on BP.

Apparently a white guy/Wolverine with no flight or super speed powers can be in 8 books simultaneously but not Storm who is capable of sonic flight speed?

How?

Why?

How many writers have been blocked from using Storm behind the 'curtain"?

Anyhow.....we probably dodged a bullet with Duggan who probably would have made a harlot out of Storm to scratch Wolverine sexual itch or whichever random xman.

Mighty Member

Liss was given a VERY tight premise within which Storm was not included....he had to explicitly request to use Storm to fan demands and even then he was still given restrictions.

Heck, they even refused to let BP properly interact with DD or any of DDs support characters on DDs home turf- Hells kitchen.

Liss had to work with what he was given...to make a juice cocktail out of rugged stone.

I really hated the premise and unnecessary restrictions onnit but Liss far better than most with what he was given especially for a newbie comicbook writer....his run definitely had it's issues but given the circumstances it wasn't as bad as it would have been frankly.

Spectacular Member

Basically but instead of that we always got Ororo sidelined but hey, everything is perfect.

Personally i enjoyed extraordinary x-men and what others consider lighhtning lass more so than i enjoyed sidelined wakanda first me second storm. Tchalla has a nation and so does Storm. Why is okay to put his first even if it puts her in danger but she isn't expected to do the same. Some i'm like eh now.

Bring on the death in otherworld rebirth with only select memories. Bring her back as though she had stayed in kenya and ruled it. lol Tchalla will be all ororo iqad and Storm can be all "I don't know her." *shrugs*
    Hehehe, are you serious bruh? Tchalla didn't "abandon" Ororro c'mon now and judging by your post you should have that hostility towards the writer that had Tchalla in that story where he subbed in for daredevil, Liss Could've had Ro go with Tchalla but he didn't, why? Who knows, also youre comparing apples to oranges man. Tchalla responsibility is wakandas protection so putting his nation first is not something he can shrug off and in terms of Ororro she technically doesn't have to take part in anything regarding krokoa even it's protection but she does because the writers and she's close to the others on the xmen. She was queen of wakanda at the time so she had to carry those burdens, not that it's relevant cause this issue has already been addressed and resolved by Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Liss was given a VERY tight premise within which Storm was not included....he had to explicitly request to use Storm to fan demands and even then he was still given restrictions.

Heck, they even refused to let BP properly interact with DD or any of DDs support characters on DDs home turf- Hells kitchen.

Liss had to work with what he was given...to make a juice cocktail out of rugged stone.

I really hated the premise and unnecessary restrictions onnit but Liss far better than most with what he was given especially for a newbie comicbook writer....his run definitely had it's issues but given the circumstances it wasn't as bad as it would have been frankly.
    That's my point. Liss could have asked for Storm but may have been given permission to use her in a limited manner. She can appear in the book be not allowed to be a part of the central conflict.