Page 523 of 613 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What do you mean, 90's remake?
    The Patrick Brown images...are they not for a remake of the 90's cartoon?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Patrick Brown images...are they not for a remake of the 90's cartoon?
    Well, we don't have official confirmation yet. We've heard rumours going in the Marvel Offices about possible animation but we've never received any official confirmation or announcement. They are definitely making something X-Men related, just not sure if it is a remake or original story or perhaps a new story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Captain Marvel's recent solo attempts have been pretty messy and the writing just isn't there, but she has gotten a very definite push since prior to Civil War 2. Ironically that event nearly killed all interest in the character. Its not about who could beat her in a fight, its about how much push the character is getting from Marvel. Especially if the include the movie, she's pretty much front and center as the most prominent woman in Marvel comics. Whether you agree with that is one thing, but she's been pushed heavily. Closest second I can think would be Black Widow, but she's been out of focus for a while.

If you were to try to push Storm into that role, how would you do it?
    I don't know exactly how I'd do it, but the key to any Storm push requires emulating the formula of other X-Men that have managed to hold a solo. Wolverine, Gambit, Cable, Dazzler, etc. What all those characters have in common is having a life and/or career outside the mainstream X-Men. Wolverine is a man haunted by the ghosts of his past partaking in bloody adventures to connect the dots, Gambit is a mercenary-thief, Cable transverses the timestream, Dazzler is a musician, etc.

That's not to say that the worlds they've built don't draw from the X-Men mythos (indeed many of the villains and allies they have in their series are mutants), but they still managed to carve out a distinct piece of the MU for them alone to occupy. Storm needs a hook for a hypothetical solo that's more than her reliving her greatest hits from the X-Men or dealing exclusively with mutant oppression.

The most obvious direction to go with that in mind would be afro-fantasy, since outside the occasional arc in BP that's a wide open niche, positioning her as an African female equivalent of Thor. You already got the connection to Oshtur and its inexplicable relationship to her X-gene.

Throw in this "balance of life and death" thing from past books, the lost kingdom of her ancestors, East African gods, and the legacy of the windriders and I think there's enough there for a solid 20 issue comic brimming with new fantasy-based ideas. A writer could also crosspollinate these concepts with the Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Thor franchises.

I'm thinking Shango meets Tomb Raider with a more punkish, warrior-priestess Storm destroying malevolent forces and uncovering why her family has its godhead. I don't know if it'd make her A-list but if accompanied by strong storytelling and a good supporting cast I think she can build a solid B-list franchise for herself. That's more than enough to justify a movie trilogy and letting the market decide if Storm or Carol deserve to be Marvel's top female.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't know exactly how I'd do it, but the key to any Storm push requires emulating the formula of other X-Men that have managed to hold a solo. Wolverine, Gambit, Cable, Dazzler, etc. What all those characters have in common is having a life and/or career outside the mainstream X-Men. Wolverine is a man haunted by the ghosts of his past partaking in bloody adventures to connect the dots, Gambit is a mercenary-thief, Cable transverses the timestream, Dazzler is a musician, etc.

That's not to say that the worlds they've built don't draw from the X-Men mythos (indeed many of the villains and allies they have in their series are mutants), but they still managed to carve out a distinct piece of the MU for them alone to occupy. Storm needs a hook for a hypothetical solo that's more than her reliving her greatest hits from the X-Men or dealing exclusively with mutant oppression.

The most obvious direction to go with that in mind would be afro-fantasy, since outside the occasional arc in BP that's a wide open niche, positioning her as an African female equivalent of Thor. You already got the connection to Oshtur and its inexplicable relationship to her X-gene.

Throw in this "balance of life and death" thing from past books, the lost kingdom of her ancestors, East African gods, and the legacy of the windriders and I think there's enough there for a solid 20 issue comic brimming with new fantasy-based ideas. A writer could also crosspollinate these concepts with the Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Thor franchises.

I'm thinking Shango meets Tomb Raider with a more punkish, warrior-priestess Storm destroying malevolent forces and uncovering why her family has its godhead. I don't know if it'd make her A-list but if accompanied by strong storytelling and a good supporting cast I think she can build a solid B-list franchise for herself. That's more than enough to justify a movie trilogy and letting the market decide if Storm or Carol deserve to be Marvel's top female.
    Wow that was a bomb pitch for a Storm solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

That would work.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    loveloveLOVING this!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Not sure how I feel right now. My second favorite heroine Vixen might be getting a movie or a series on HBO MAX. I'm a little upset cause I want the same for Storm.

Alright, I can get behind this.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-14-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Can I just like, hole punch Emma out of that picture and replace her with Nightcrawler? The other almost totally ignored ostensible 'good' member of the Council? Please?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Nightcrawler just needs a big character scene to get the attetion of writers again because he seems to have been stuck in a role of the "good X-man" but without the content that used to give us a perspective of what that means. Emma had a bid scene with Morrions showing her vulnerable for her love of Scott while still being a grey character and after that a lot of issues of her and Scottīs relationship. I think we need new issues that makes the new writers and readers remember what was so great about Nightcrawler, Rogue, Storm, Betsy, Colossus,Gambit, they have been pushed away for a decade and the results is that they donīt have the same presence in the books they used to have.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

These writers aren't Claremont. They will never write "like" Claremont. That's not to say what they've written is bad or lacking (I would argue quite a few runs have actually been better than those "classic" stories).

Whereas Claremont wrote with the understanding that he was shaping these characters for decades to come, Hix-Man and Co. know they have a three/four year timeframe in which to write the most engaging stories with ALL these characters, the best way they know how which is NOT the "Claremont way".

The days of big, sweeping single character arcs and development are long gone where-as now the writers are building on what came before in smaller increments. Nightcrawler's "big character scene" (so far) came in the X-Men Crucible issue. We know how he feels and what he thinks, in the context of the larger story, being in this case Krakoa/Moira's 10th life....and it's up to HiX-Man or someone else to build on that...if they feel so inclined.

Even Storm's "big development in 2021" is not going to be as big as Claremont's development of the character throughout his decades-long run. And it will be up to the writers after HiX-Man and Co. to decide if they want to build on it, or not.

Also consider, these characters under Claremont were already pretty much very well-developed and three-dimensional and it's up to the writers now to explore those developments (as Hix-Man did with Nightcrawler, as they might do with Storm) to the best of their abilities and intentions.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-15-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Were there any interesting Storm tid-bits in the XoS Handbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Were there any interesting Storm tid-bits in the XoS Handbook?
    Not at all. There a section of the X-Men team entry that speaks to her garden on Krakoa, but that’s pretty much it.

I like how after Storm planted her sword the Hellions have time to plan mission, travel to Avalon, and try to steal the Arrako swords. But Storm was on the clock. lol
    Last edited by Cville; 10-15-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Also loving this <3!!!