Page 527 of 613 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wasn't it personal EVERY PREVIOUS TIME?

Also i really question if there is even a fair fight in this?
    Storm beat Marrow fair and square in an immitation of the Stom vs. Callisto fight and i would argue she is a far superior fighter to Callisto. Not to forget the various other experienced close combat experts Storm could handle over the years in various circumstances

So unless there is a good story behind them comming to blows verbal or physical, this feels like a tiresome callback.
    This is my initial reaction as well. I really like Callisto and not too long ago they were hugging in this title, so I am curious what would bring them to fight. Maybe it’s a Krakoa arena style battle between friends who respect each other’s CQC capabilities and its just an issue intended to be fun action of no consequence.

However, if this is serious I am ready for Storm to have a new/more challenging opponent. Callisto is bad ass and skilled, but she seems to get battle tested against Storm all the time (they’ve had at least 4 fights that I can think of), and it’s just not exciting lol. Especially if the writer doesn’t present it in a compelling way (like Vita did with Shuri). I’d rather see Cal get battle tested against other skilled fighters that would help us see her as a more credible threat. Like Callisto vs Mystique (no powers just skill) or a Callisto vs Viper or Kitty sans powers would be more attractive to me.

Even if she loses I’d like to see Storm get tested against well known/established fighters like Lady Bullseye, Black Widow or Typhoid Mary. Or give her new nemesis skilled in H2H that can block mutant powers to force a CQC fight.

A Storm, Jean & Cyclops team up sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I, too, am tired of Storm vs. Calisto. Storm has to be nerfed for it to be remotely reasonable fight. If Storm used her powers, it's a 1 second battle. Calisto is not in Storm's league. She's a weak adversary for Storm.
    OMG me too! How many times is Storm gonna have to whoop her ass? Something else (not Storm related) as I caught up on X of Swords we see that Apocalypse's wife is Black. I always felt Apocalypse was black but the latest book sealed the deal for me

I'm pretty sure there's more to that Storm vs. Callisto issue, than what the synopsis entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Jesus! I am so tired of Storm and Callisto conflict! I hate the Morlocks. I wish writers would stop drawing on all these stale old story retreads.
    Callisto would have been a decent villian if she wasn't a frienemie.
    Storm needs a real true to God villian. And yes , We got shadow king. But just mention him proves the point. He's an every one villian , an Xvillian to Xavier Jean Psylocke What's her face.
    They made her the leader of the Morlocks to do absolutely nothing with it. And I mean absolutely nothing with.
    Its like do something new already or really do something with what we got. It's like how many times am I going to see Angel deal with his death persona.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's more to that Storm vs. Callisto issue, than what the synopsis entails.
    Well obviously but fans gonna complain regardless *shrug*. Anyways happy were getting a double helping of Storm centric issues. DoX has really been good to Storm in a way that hasn't happened in years. From her appearances in HoX staring in the first issue of X-Men, her role in Marauders, her role in Giant Size, her staring in XoS, and now this.
    Last edited by loke13; 10-22-2020 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

I’m happy to see Storm wield s mystic sword. Obviously she has to return this to Wakanda afterwards. But maybe she get the sword of bone has her magic sword.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m happy to see Storm wield s mystic sword. Obviously she has to return this to Wakanda afterwards. But maybe she get the sword of bone has her magic sword.
    Who's to say she's coming back. That original Hickman poster for this make alot more since now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Can't help but having to imagine Marrow challenging her over it 24/7.

"So you are a living goddess, your lineage dates back to ancient mighty sorcerers, you have the power to controll the weather including IN SPACE, can fly, have amazing skills in nearly everything, look amazing, everyone loves you and now you also got a magic sword made of bone? That's it! I duel you for that!"

And then she challenges her every day, gets hit by a lightning and tries again the next.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-22-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    OMG me too! How many times is Storm gonna have to whoop her ass? Something else (not Storm related) as I caught up on X of Swords we see that Apocalypse's wife is Black. I always felt Apocalypse was black but the latest book sealed the deal for me
    X-men is now filled with black love. I am loving it and it feels organic. Apoc, his wife, his children, so many mutants of color.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Who's to say she's coming back. That original Hickman poster for this make alot more since now
    I doubt that the conflict Vita set up in Marauders is gonna be squandered by having Storm just return the sword at the end of this event. It could be and I'd welcome it, but I find it unlikely, they're gonna drag out the tension.

Let's assume Storm doesn't die (and I think there's still a chance of that despite the solicits) it's quite possible the sword is damaged or somehow lost forever even if she lives.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X-men is now filled with black love. I am loving it and it feels organic. Apoc, his wife, his children, so many mutants of color.
    I love every second of it. This was a great surprise for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I doubt that the conflict Vita set up in Marauders is gonna be squandered by having Storm just return the sword at the end of this event. It could be and I'd welcome it, but I find it unlikely, they're gonna drag out the tension.

Let's assume Storm doesn't die (and I think there's still a chance of that despite the solicits) it's quite possible the sword is damaged or somehow lost forever even if she lives.
    That's possible because it does say the Skybreaker damages the wielders tissue but then again idk if it'll do Storm much damage since her body is pretty much an energy conduit when she's using her powers

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

MARAUDERS #17

GERRY DUGGAN (W), STEFANO CASELLI (A)

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

MARVEL vs ALIEN VARIANT COVER by SALVADOR LARROCA

REMATCH! Storm versus Calisto. This time, it's personal.
    Ive never seen Ororo's lightning given a pink hue...are they trolling the "Lightning Lass" thing???

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ive never seen Ororo's lightning given a pink hue...are they trolling the "Lightning Lass" thing???
    They, dauterman in particular has been using that color since she became a goddess. I like to think it's divine lightning. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

I don't care for that Russell dude's art, it's too fan ficky and look looks something off a patreon submission. RB Silva is the better XMen artist, I know that dude dauterman is a storm fan and all but his art style doesn't for work comics should've got RB on that mediocre marauders book instead but that's just me

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if HiX-Man/Dauterman were indeed trolling us with that...as a sort of inside joke going along with the fans. I'm sure they know we call her "Lightning Lass" and why we do.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!