Page 54 of 613 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I guess the fact that there have been zero comments on this preview speaks for itself but what are your thoughts on the preview pages:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rdauterma...95053817163777

I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to post this. Saw it early this morning.
    And yes on first impression I immediately knew we we're in Ororo's Mind and the Tree represented her GodHood. Really her headdress alone is enough for me to recognize her GodHood. This looks good. How much Storm are we going to get in this, im not sure, but I'm down.
    Wonder who the big bad is. Hopefully not the Shadow King. Though he is her One true nemesis.
    Hopefully it's the real big bad "Stress!" Lol.
    Also if it's the same tree from Shuri. Then Nice Job Marvel, I see you.

Also nice job butterflykyss.

I guess the fact that there have been zero comments on this preview speaks for itself but what are your thoughts on the preview pages:

I'm certain our current disposition couldn't get any worse.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Being in Storm’s mind will at least show us some of Storm’s interiority.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Don't quote me, I would assume it be easier if all BP related books used the same editor.
    TOO LATE!!! I’m quoting you!!!

You have sealed your fate. I shall blame you for EVERYTHING just like I Blame Butterflykyss for EVERYTHING.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I loooooove this pic! Even in black and white you can tell Storm is a black woman
    I love how accurate they got the characters' heights. it's a gorgeous ouc though cant wait to see it in color.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Editorial can tell her what she can and can't do. They might even have the same assistant editor. I've never checked. Normally Coates related writers talk about how they collaborated with him. I didn't see anything like that.
    this is true editorial could have dictated what she would need to wrote but it all is still driven by what coates has established.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to post this. Saw it early this morning.
    And yes on first impression I immediately knew we we're in Ororo's Mind and the Tree represented her GodHood. Really her headdress alone is enough for me to recognize her GodHood. This looks good. How much Storm are we going to get in this, im not sure, but I'm down.
    Wonder who the big bad is. Hopefully not the Shadow King. Though he is her One true nemesis.
    Hopefully it's the real big bad "Stress!" Lol.
    Also if it's the same tree from Shuri. Then Nice Job Marvel, I see you.
    I'm going to try to reserve criticism until more info drops but i wont lie. initially I didn't like lrenise of them saving storm but if her godhead is explored that would make me change my tune .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

going into the astral plane into someone's head normally reveals so much about the said mind, remember the amount of revelations for xavier those 2 tp's uncovered?
    The tree and her crown above it is a wonderfull visual symbolism at least! cant wait for tshirts

I'm just happy Jean is not in her mini skirt and Emma dressed appropriately going into Storm's mind.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can just read Emma saying something snarky and bitchy about the "vast emptiness" of Ororo's mind and Jean checking her in defense of her BFF. I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!! for this to drop.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

This is a great image. I'm thinking the tree may not necessarily supposed to be the one shown in the Shuri mini. I think it could just as likely be a baobab tree in general, since those trees are referred to as Africa's "Tree of Life." That kind of symbolism makes a lot of sense for the character of Ororo, even without going into her godhead. I'm unsure if Hickman will go too deeply into her goddess powers, other than acknowledging them. I think he might also note how she is careful to suppress them, as not to do too much damage. Whatever he does, I think he'll make sure he doesn't paint himself into the "if she's a powerful goddess, how come she never/rarely uses her powers when he writes her." Yeah, if he touches her godhood, Hickman will give himself an out for him having not written her as an obvious goddess.

Is this dropping this Wed?
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-01-2020 at 09:27 AM.

BANNED

Jean/Emma comes out next week???

I think it comes out february 26.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I think it comes out february 26.
    Ugh why so far?

Oh I heard 4X X-Men vs FF is coming over next week.

what is Storm's role in Krakoan society now? is she officially a queen, prime minister...? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ugh why so far?

Oh I heard 4X X-Men vs FF is coming over next week.
    I have no idea. I think that's when BP drops as well. hopefully it's a good day for ororo.