Page 544 of 613 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm did briefly die in Fall of the Mutants. Roma was even there and brought her and the team back. The Brood saga and that war against Khan in X-treme were other brushes with death. Oh, and T'challa let her die in the Incursion. She also was kinda dead when she went to the afterworld after him and beat back Death when Doom messed him up.
    For some reason Death didn't recognize those instances I guess lol. Maybe his powers aren't as perceptive as they seem to be?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    For some reason Death didn't recognize those instances I guess lol. Maybe his powers aren't as perceptive as they seem to be?
    or maybe he has another definition of death that doesn't apply to Ororo's previous "deaths"

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I did enjoy this issue, I like how it is setting in place the next things to happen. I am really starting to warm to the idea between Storm and Death and wherever that may lead down the line. The dance was really nice and I was here for the flirtation between the two. Moreso excited for the next issue now, and I am hoping to see this relationship developed more, I am indeed a fan.
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 11-04-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Fantastic Member

I also think the Storm/Death pairing is intriguing. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the story and maybe even beyond. After looking at XMen 14 I am starting to wonder even more about Storm's role primarily with the whole golden mask thing. Genesis talks about how wearing the mask bends the will of the wearer to it's own. It immediately made me think that perhaps Storm may become a future wearer who could in fact overcome the mask's will due to her own indomitable will. This could then serve to somehow peacefully unify Krakoa and Arrako while also making her the leader of the horde of monsters and perhaps she shares this throne somehow with Death. Which may even be why she tussles with Callisto since she once was leader of the morlocks. Perhaps, she talks with Calisto about her past to prevent making similar mistakes in the future. Of course this is probably NOT going to be close to what happens lol (again the events leading speculation is why I am enjoying this event). However, the tarot card shows Storm on death's horse leading a group of demons, so it makes me curious.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-04-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I also think the Storm/Death pairing is intriguing. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the story and maybe even beyond. After looking at XMen 14 I am starting to wonder even more about Storm's role primarily with the whole golden mask thing. Genesis talks about how wearing the mask bends the will of the wearer to it's own. It immediately made me think that perhaps Storm may become a future wearer who could in fact overcome the mask's will due to her own indomitable will. This could then serve to somehow peacefully unify Krakoa and Arrako while also making her the leader of the horde of monsters and perhaps she shares this throne somehow with Death. Which may even be why she tussles with Callisto since she once was leader of the morlocks. Perhaps, she talks with Calisto about her past to prevent making similar mistakes in the future. Of course this is probably NOT going to be close to what happens lol (again the events leading speculation is why I am enjoying this event). However, the tarot card shows Storm on death's horse leading a group of demons, so it makes me curious.
    It was definitely intriguing. Especially the whole balaance of it, Ororo and life and death and now literal death. I think she knew her attraction would be undeniable so she had to friendzone real quick with hand holding is as fr as we get. I'm just glad my girl ain't moping around. I am loving it. Also opening the water so they could swim, the mermaids were in awe and got in on the action.

Her "i thought war would be more artful" says everything about Storm and how complex she is. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Some of my fave panels from the issue.
    marauderfave01.jpg
    marauderfave02.jpg
    marauderfave03.jpg

Lol storm totally sebastioned Death. On reread i kept hearing. "shalalalal kiss the girl, if ya don't!... you gonna miss the girl..."
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-05-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    This is an idea I never even though off before that she could take the crown, it makes sense and it would be a change and something big for the character as long as it’s not paid dust like it was when she “lead the morlocks” maybe wearing the mask will make her a bit more darker but she is able to beat it, but it leaves a darkness on her soul not flat out evil but just slightly more malice than she was before. Yea it’s all good and dandy to have her as the mother hen, but I’m not a fan of holier than thou Storm I love when she gets down and dirty so I’m here for it all if that indeed is how it works out. This would be a big change for Storm and a metamorphosis for her.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    This is an idea I never even though off before that she could take the crown, it makes sense and it would be a change and something big for the character as long as it’s not paid dust like it was when she “lead the morlocks” maybe wearing the mask will make her a bit more darker but she is able to beat it, but it leaves a darkness on her soul not flat out evil but just slightly more malice than she was before. Yea it’s all good and dandy to have her as the mother hen, but I’m not a fan of holier than thou Storm I love when she gets down and dirty so I’m here for it all if that indeed is how it works out. This would be a big change for Storm and a metamorphosis for her.
    It would actually make a lot of sense to. What better way to create an alliance between Krakoa and Arrako than the son of Genesis and basically a child of Krakoa. Maybe storm got the message from her tarot and thats why she was so adamant to get in front of in in marauders and let the status of what their "relationship" will be clear. Which means she may totally fall for him, he's already smitten. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    marauderfave01.jpg
    marauderfave02.jpg
    marauderfave03.jpg

Lol storm totally sebastioned Death. On reread i kept hearing. "shalalalal kiss the girl, if ya don't!... you gonna miss the girl..."
    She actually "hardened" the water to allow them both to step down into the whirlpool...loved it!!!

I love Caselli but I do venomously hate how draws her hair and cape and I'm still not fond of the neckline of the costume either.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She actually "hardened" the water to allow them both to step down into the whirlpool...loved it!!!

I love Caselli but I do venomously hate how draws her hair and cape and I'm still not fond of the neckline of the costume either.
    After Dauterman i just can't go back to a flat pony tail. lol. so i def know what you mean. even in my own sketches now i keep hearing in my head "MORE ponytail." lol. Overall it fit well though. I can't remember the last time i been this excited as a Storm fan. I mean i'm just enjoying what is and can be so much.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

marauderfave01.jpg
    marauderfave02.jpg
    marauderfave03.jpg

The sequence was so surreal. Like, sure, Storm can part water, but it didn't seem like they were in a bubble of air under the water. It was more like they were just speaking and dancing in the water. And the clam shell thing at the end? I guess Otherworld is supposed to be magical or something, but it was a bit wonky to me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After Dauterman i just can't go back to a flat pony tail. lol. so i def know what you mean. even in my own sketches now i keep hearing in my head "MORE ponytail." lol. Overall it fit well though. I can't remember the last time i been this excited as a Storm fan. I mean i'm just enjoying what is and can be so much.
    Exactatiously!

I'm usually not one for gross speculation because the end product hardly ever lives up to the ideas but I'm having such fun thinking of Storm and Death ruling Arrako together. Storm has always been portrayed as a "bridge" between two worlds...between human and mutant, between modernity and the past, now Arakko and Krakoa...the fan-fic positively writes itself.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The sequence was so surreal. Like, sure, Storm can part water, but it didn't seem like they were in a bubble of air under the water. It was more like they were just speaking and dancing in the water. And the clam shell thing at the end? I guess Otherworld is supposed to be magical or something, but it was a bit wonky to me.
    The whole time all I could associate the scene with was the Under the Sea number from The Little Mermaid, so I got a real kick out of it lol.

It would actually make a lot of sense to. What better way to create an alliance between Krakoa and Arrako than the son of Genesis and basically a child of Krakoa. Maybe storm got the message from her tarot and thats why she was so adamant to get in front of in in marauders and let the status of what their "relationship" will be clear. Which means she may totally fall for him, he's already smitten. lol
    Omg yes to this. I think I’m making myself overly excited but that is so perfect how you stated it, the son of Genesis and a child of Krakoa uniting the nations. I’m loving the idea more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously!

I'm usually not one for gross speculation because the end product hardly ever lives up to the ideas but I'm having such fun thinking of Storm and Death ruling Arrako together. Storm has always been portrayed as a "bridge" between two worlds...between human and mutant, between modernity and the past, now Arakko and Krakoa...the fan-fic positively writes itself.
    I totally agree with all of this.