Page 559 of 613 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.
    War burned that bridge at the meet and greet.
    Pestilence seems above and beyond romantic inclinations
    Famine is...unknown. Of the four he is the least fleshed out.
    I'm inclined to believe that they all held back in fear of Death. They weren't willing to risk his wrath by going after Storm.

Once Storm told Death to drop dead, they saw their chance.

But, I don't think Death is quite done yet. He may be even more intrigued by the woman who beat him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    It is a two way street.
    totally agree. I just think its funny to see it happen the opposite way. some found it nice the xoffices were largely ignoring Coates Storm development so its funny when another office works to ignore the xoffices storyline. the irony is what I'm here for.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I mean looking at how the fight went down Storm could've gotten any ole sword that could withstand Death's blade and still won.
    Yes, Ororo did the same thing in a previous Marauders issue where she was de-powered briefly and she still won with just her knife. Skybreaker could have been any sword and she would have won. This was yet another reminder (Storm vs Callisto, Storm vs Cyclops, etc) that Storm is still amazing even without her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I agree the Horsemen aren't weak, they're just coming across that way because instead of in-depth combat we're getting Saturnyne's games. I admit they're better executed this week than the batch of issues that came before, but we could've gotten more extensive fights while keeping the subversion of expectation that comes with the deck being stacked against the X-Men.

The decision to turn these last few issues into a whimsical set of trials robbed the Horsemen of the opportunity to really show off their powers and personality. After nearly 19 issues we know basically nothing about them, their personal convictions, and relationships. War is probably the most fleshed out and even she has little to her character. Hopefully the Horsemen stick around past this event because I see them going the way of the Black Order if they aren't seen past this event.
    Since everyone is supposed to be fighting by the rules, maybe they're all holding back their true powers. We certainly know that it's not over yet so maybe we'll get to see both Arakko and Krakoa cut loose.

Amused at Storm drunkly swaggering around the whole place like a catwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Since everyone is supposed to be fighting by the rules, maybe they're all holding back their true powers. We certainly know that it's not over yet so maybe we'll get to see both Arakko and Krakoa cut loose.
    death pulling his signature death stare move wasnt holding back he was definitely looking to take her out.

kinda interesting he wasn't immune to his own ability though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Amused at Storm drunkly swaggering around the whole place like a catwalk.
    Could she have been pretending to be intoxicated? She may have lulled some people.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    death pulling his signature death stare move wasnt holding back he was definitely looking to take her out.

kinda interesting he wasn't immune to his own ability though.
    He's gotta be more than just a death stare. Maybe Saturnye is playing more games with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He's gotta be more than just a death stare. Maybe Saturnye is playing more games with everyone.
    perhaps. I'm just happy that little "ship" that some where trying to push was put to death. see what I did there lol.

so is death actually dead? I thought the legion of dead running to read on his body would indicate such some are saying he isn't based on the info spread in cable.

Niffleheim

Why did they have to do Death like that? I was deathly deep in my fan-fiction between the two now it is all lost like a fart in the wind.

BANNED

totally agree. I just think its funny to see it happen the opposite way. some found it nice the xoffices were largely ignoring Coates Storm development so its funny when another office works to ignore the xoffices storyline. the irony is what I'm here for.
    Krakoa is full of retcons, nobody can point the finger around. it is a nice reminder that it can come back bite your butt.
    They even created a sword for wakanda via retcon. I wish the sword was Storm heritage from her own family.

Fantastic Member

tbh i'm a little disappointed with Death, i thought that he being an millenial warrior could have given Storm a worthy fight, but he was defeated so easily and if Storm had her powers this fight would be faster than Betsy vs Isca lol.
    besides, i also expected more from their relationship.

Astonishing Member

Krakoa is full of retcons, nobody can point the finger around. it is a nice reminder that it can come back bite your butt.
    They even created a sword for wakanda via retcon. I wish the sword was Storm heritage from her own family.
    You're not wrong. People were all "YAAS QUEEN" a few weeks ago when a contrived story was told to separate Storm from the BP books and complaining now that the FF books are doing the same with Franklin. I agree with both separations (though they were terrible in execution) and people have to accept that's the nature of a shared universe.

The primary writer of a character may not always want to share with the greater MU and we've seen both sides of that. I expect more of this kind of stuff in the future depending on how "aggressive" the X-office is going to be with emphasizing mutantdom across Marvel. Not every writer is gonna wanna loan out their characters to the narrative Hickman is telling and fans have to deal with it.

it would have made more sense having the sword derive from her own heritage as opposed to trying to sever ties she has to communities outside the xmen. but maybe this is an company wide thing to establish clear and distinct boundaries hence the reveal regarding Franklin.

and it's biting their butts in a big way and im so here for it lololol

perhaps. I'm just happy that little "ship" that some where trying to push was put to death. see what I did there lol.

so is death actually dead? I thought the legion of dead running to read on his body would indicate such some are saying he isn't based on the info spread in cable.
    Well Death is a hard ship, just ask Thanos.

Imo, I don't think Death is dead. He'll be back.